Movement key bugs?

This issue is happening for me as well. every few minutes, if not a few times every minute, one of my movement keys (and sometimes the tab key) sticks and ruins the gameplay. I tried uninstalling the Logitech G Hub application, though that did nothing to fix the issue. Have tried repairing the game and have also uninstalled/reinstalled. I don’t believe this is a third-party bug, as no other game I play has this happen. Please, Blizzard, do something!

Gonna try that out tonight!

3 Likes

yup mine all g now. That was some troll move to do an update and not give proper notice of what would happen haha. I recked my kb because of that lol

1 Like

i have same problem when i play the game my hero sometimes just walk different way i checked my keyboard in another game work perfect

12 years of playing wow under my belt. I am playing over-watch for the first time today. Not even through the intro and the movement keys are bugged. HEY BLIZZ GONN FIX YOUR CRAP OR JUST KEEP IGNORING IT??? hopefully they fix it or I’m never playing this game again.

If you’re going to complain about something without even researching it then this is not the place for you.

This issue has been acknowledged and they are working on it: Main Thread - Movement keys sticking since last patch

Please do post the information in there they require because i find it just really bad behaviour to say they aren’t doing anything whilst it’s easy to find a main topic on this.

[Do not continue this thread, move to the main thread]
This way the team can work easier without looking all over.

When are we getting a fix on this bug?
I’m starting to lose my faith in Blizzard

Please do not bump older threads as this is in violation of forum guidelines.

Didn’t you read my post?

It has been acknowledged, if you want to have a fix it’s in there.

Jun 2020 and I’m still having this problem. OMG I can’t believe it.

I had the exact same problem. Do you have 2 wifis? If so, try to switch to the other one. I did that and the problem went away.

I’m having this issue still. No idea how to fix it

I fixed it!!!
i hate this bug but found that if you go to:
options
controls
movement
then you can change the keys associated with movement so i would recommend just changing w for forward to w for forward and so on (s to s, a to a d to d) , and even though this should make no difference if fixes the issue!

I have similar issue - sometimes when I respawn, I can´t move forwards till I hit “S” to move backwards and than I can move forwards. It´s quite annoying tbh…

are u fr? i will definetly try this tomorrow and will answer if it worked for me. Thank you for the answer tho. Ive been waiting for an answer for years now.

August 2020. I had this problem today. FYI, the commonly-suggested (here and elsewhere) solution of enabling high-precision mouse did NOT work for me. However, shad101’s solution on July 7 of re-associating the movement keys DID work for me (for now). Just in case anyone else is looking for solutions.

@XHelperZ, it sounds to me like the people on this thread are talking about two separate issues. One of those issues is, admittedly, the “movement keys sticking” problem which is the focus of the “Main Thread” you linked us to. As I understand it, that problem is as follows: a player presses a key and continues to move in that same direction even when the key is no longer pressed, and only stops once the key is pressed again. That is NOT the same problem as OP’s or mine (and, I believe, some other users here), where the character briefly moves in a direction other than the direction corresponding to the movement key pressed (e.g. I press W and move forward, but when I release, I move back a bit and then forward a bit again, as OP described). This issue might be technically related to the issue discussed in the thread you shared, but it also might not. In any case, we don’t know that it is; all we know is that it’s a separate symptom, and so it merits its own discussion. I’m really grateful I found this thread, as opposed to the numerous threads on the internet which address the “sticking keys” issue, which is not the issue I am having.

I have the same problem (it will randomly change direction) and none of the methods worked for me (january 2021)

I have been experiencing a similar issue where it is as if I am not controlling my character. like a magnet is pulling my to the side or back etc. also as Pharah and Lucio I got pulled through walls and even continues moving even when not pressing keys and was erratic in movements afterwards (this was in two different mystery heroes games after I reloaded my launcher in between and checked my internet connection

just reclosed it again and there is maintenance going on so may have been to do with that :slight_smile:

I just started having this problem too, and it’s getting progressively more frequent. The character will drift in all sorts of directions I’m not pressing the keys for, and usually a network icon will flash around the same time, but this network and computer have never been a problem before. There’s no local outages either.

Also getting this same bug, ghost inputs on mouse and keyboard with clicks and WASD movement. Has been occurring the last 2 months or so. Have tried uinstalling/reinstalling OW and Battle.net, keyboard/mouse drivers, and GPU drivers, no avail. Only happens on this game though. Using a Logitech mouse and Razer keyboard, so two different ecosystems hitting the same issue. I have to imagine it’s something with Battle.net since I don’t hit this problem on any other game. Makes me feel like I’m playing with a handicap since any movement or shot has a small chance of just yanking my character in a random direction. Super weird.