Lucioball Comp Issue

My friend and I can not queue for Competitive Lucioball together. Last season we played every game together and both ended at 3450. We have played regular lucioball together every match since the patch and neither have done any placements. We can queue for regular comp together as we are both around the 3400-3600 range. We are on Xbox. Is this a known issue? Any info helps!

1 Like

There’s other threads reporting this as well:

Hoping that one of them gets Blizzard to notice this issue.

Here’s my informaiton:
The same is happening to my friends and I as well.

Copa Season 1 end scores:
Me: 4003
Friend 1: 4005
Friend 2: 3925
Friend 3: 3624

If Me, Friend 2, and Friend 3 group up it denies.
If Friend 2, and Friend 3 group up it allows.
If Me and Friend 1 group up it denies.
If Me and Friend 3 group up it denies.
If Me and Friend 2 group up it denies.

We can’t figure out what could be causing this. All of us also have not played Normal Competitive mode in a couple seasons, so it’s not like last year’s bug where it’s related to the present season rank.

Something to add is that my last season (6) i ended in Gold, but Friend 2 and Friend 3 both finished diamond in their last played seasons.

So stands to reason it’s the same bug as last year where it’s restricting play based on previous Normal Competitive Seasons.

Hey there, This issue should now be resolved when you update your game client:

Sadly, no. The issue is still existing. They only seemed to fix the banned players.

Sorry about that. The post I refer to does not refer to this specific problem and was trying to spread the word as fast as possible of that problem. I can that I have previously confirmed last year that the issue of not being able to pair up if main competitive skill ratings are out of range is actually by design, but there is not clear reason why on this.

Thanks, and do not regard my previous comment as meant to offend.

Do you know what I have to do to clear this issue? My rank is gold back in Season 5 (SR 2163), and my friends are degraded diamonds (3000). But it says that as long as we are within 1000 SR of each other then we should be able to group in normal Competitive, and we’re able to group for normal Competive, just not Lucio Ball.

So if it’s by design that we can group for Competitive, but not group for Copa Lucio Ball, then how do we by design get to a point where we can do our Copa placements together?

At best guess, if all players involved have participated in 2017 Lucioball, then the hidden MMR from last year is overriding. The same issue appears during starting days of regular competitive. I have a feeling all players involved will need to at least complete placements and if the SR is in range, then you should be able to pair up.

If 2017 LB is overriding it then it should be working as all of us are within 100 SR of each other’s Copa LB 2017 ending ranks, one of my friends is only 2 SR points away from me, and have been basically playing with each other in the normal LB matches when competitive has not been available during the Anniversary edition.