Look At Updating Old Kits Instead of Releasing New Ones?

I’m sure a few people feel this way. Releasing new heroes with better kits really puts a spotlight on the aging heroes and their increasingly non-functional kits.

A prime example is Ana. Sure, she has the hypothetical healing output to keep up with Moira, but when you take in big hit boxes blocking shots, healing not going through friendly barriers, and derpy teammates who don’t seem to have more than two functional brain cells, Ana has to put in much more work than Moira, who just has to press M1 a little and suddenly everyone’s fine. There is, consequently, not really much of a reason to pick her when you could just pick someone who can do her job better without all the extra problems.

Instead of new heroes getting loaded with abilities and mechanics that make older characters more obsolete with every release, I think Blizz should look into the aging heroes and their kits, and, y’know, touch them up a little. Thoughts?

Edit: Ana’s healing does go through friendly barriers, my bad.

44 Likes

mmm, new heroes let you use old ones in new ways…

6 Likes

We’re about to release an update to Hanzo. We’re actively working on a Symmetra rework.

There are other older heroes that we’ll take a look at as well, eventually.

We’re also working on new heroes.

131 Likes

I don’t think they should stop releasing new heroes but I do think they should look at old kits and see how they can be improved. Like if an old character has a stupidly long cooldown but a new character with a similar ability has a short one, maybe look at changing that old character’s to match up better.

3 Likes

Bro, help Ana…­­­­

33 Likes

But Jeff daddy when will you fix Sombra’s LoS bugs

Tired of looking right at someone and hack failing.

2 Likes

Really excited for the Hanzo/Symmetra reworks!

6 Likes

The problem with updating kits is that the process can make it so your original users no longer like the kit and that people that don’t like the existing hero might not care much.

5 Likes

Super excited for Hanzo. Will he be up tomorrow on the PTR?

2 Likes

Pretty cool! People need to understand that there’s a lot to be done and that the devs are constantly looking at old heroes while simultaneously working on new content.

We have to be patient.

Can’t wait to see how hanzo turns out

1 Like

Im sorry but I would rather not have a new hero until everyone else is where they should be balance wise. Thats just me.

7 Likes

Please take a look at Ana!!!

6 Likes

Are you allowed to name specific characters that the team has in mind or is keeping a closer eye on?

5 Likes

Another Sym rework?

Come on…

ana and rein?? :pray:

6 Likes

Seems like Jeff has all your concerns covered OP (Hero Kit Reworks + New Heroes on the top). Plus, it seem like Torb might be getting a rework to his kit too.

Thanks Jeff, keep the good news coming :slight_smile:

Sorry to interrupt everyone’s discussion :neutral_face: but I just want to say this:

I CAN’T BELIEVE JEFF KAPLAN POSTED OB MY POST LIKE LITERALLY A MINUTE AFTER I POSTED IT OMG OMG SQUEEEEE

Okay, I think my fanboy squealing is over. Sorry about that.

3 Likes

Thanks dad!

2 0 c h a r a c t e r s

Bastion has a .57% pick rate averaged across all ranks. Will he receive some well deserved Omnic lovin’?

2 Likes

Thanks for taking time for the reply, big guy! ^^/

I’m looking forward to seeing what’s in store for everything and everyone! :slightly_smiling_face:

-COUGHspeciallynewsymworksCOUGH-