LOL! Cya 2cp! You won't be missed!

Just head the news. PARIS & HORIZON GONE FROM QP!!! :rofl:

Think about how much better our queues are going to be now? Reasons this is a good thing:

• queue times will improve as people will spend less time map dodging Paris/HLC
  • play sessions will improve as you now get offered more of the maps you want
  • the nice ā€˜feelingā€™ knowing 2cp is finally getting theā€¦treatmentā€¦it deservesā€¦ :slight_smile:

What a great day, I think Iā€™ll login and try the new queues! :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Canā€™t wait to come home and play knowing I wonā€™t have round 1 Paris/Horizon backfill

Life might be a little worth it, gamers

9 Likes

IKR? Itā€™s like one of the first maps I usually get every play session is Paris or Horizonā€¦ :rofl:

5 Likes

Took what 2.5 years to do the right thingā€¦ but I ainā€™t complainingā€¦

3 Likes

Because the game detects fresh blood, untilted and ripe for backfilling

2 Likes

I canā€™t believe it took so long but with OW2 fast approaching I think theyā€™re finally cleaning houseā€¦ :slight_smile:

OMG! Iā€™ve had the same thought myself. Itā€™s like ā€œhey they just logged in, give em some 2cp, quick! Their tolerance is still high!ā€ :rofl:

3 Likes

Walking simulator, without the need to have 360 awareness so I can just not pay attention and point and shoot

HE WE COME!

Pity they didnā€™t also delete Havana.

6 Likes

ā€¦better than stand at the choke simulator LOL! :rofl:

I think it gets a bad rapā€¦

ā€¦that said, points 1 & 3 could definitely use a little more coverā€¦ :slight_smile:

5 Likes

If we change a little into a lot we can agree :+1:

1 Like

Never stood at a choke point, always used a hero that could get through and take my team with me. Those maps just needed more thinking to get through.

2 Likes

You donā€™t =/= the playerbase. In QP 2cp was a nightmare:

• attackers standing at chokes doing nothing
  • defenders bored to tears shooting at the same choke for 4 minutes

Defend it all you want but itā€™s going, going, gone! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Itā€™s going to be hilarious for the rest of 2022 as people are rewarded with more Anubis and Volskaya :rofl:

1 Like

havana is actually another good example of a map that has a bad reputation even though theres nothing actually wrong with itā€¦

its hated because its sniper friendlyā€¦theres nothing wrong with the mapā€¦people just dont like playing against snipers OR arent willing to change their playstyle in order to compete against that

does being friendly to a specific set of skills make it a bad map? or is it bad because people just dont want to play that way?

2 Likes

Every light casts a shadowā€¦thus we must suffer the reality of the good newsā€¦more Anubis/Volskayaā€¦ :frowning:

Subjective opinionā€¦ :wink:

Nice contradiction in the same sentence lol!

Ruins is a ā€˜sniper friendlyā€™ map. The difference, thereā€™s adequate coverā€¦ :wink:

Havana point 1 and 3 lack the cover needed considering the long sight lines for the defendersā€¦ :wink:

2cp isnā€™t gone, Volskaya, Hanamura and Temple of anubis are still a thing yā€™know?

while the maps themselves arenā€™t a living nightmare, the game mode is still pretty much the same

1 Like

yeahā€¦ā€œsniper friendlyā€ doesnt make a map badā€¦just like bunker friendly or dive friendly wouldnt make a map bad eitherā€¦

whats adequate cover?? cause theres plenty of coverā€¦whether or not people use it is a different questionā€¦its all part of the gameā€¦alternatively you could play snipers yourselfā€¦but now you have a different problemā€¦ie - ā€œi dont wannaā€ - and by proxy map is ā€œbadā€

1 Like

sighs ok, letā€™s compare!

Ruins (Koth map):

• house/cover-mega either side of point approach
  • 2 pillars and low cover each side of point
  • point is ā€˜sunkenā€™ can hide around walls
  • etc etc

Havana (Payload map) - point 1:

• payload attack has no cover for 15m either side of it until it reaches the first bend
  • to push payload you need either a shield or to cower under the payload and not fight :wink:

Thereā€™s always that person. I know that obviously but the title is catchier (and not total clickbait)ā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Be very funny if they bring these maps back for April Fools

that person being you right? the sensationalist who just wants attention on a forum

2 Likes