LGBT+ Profile Icon needed

Not rly… Look at history.

Why do you think women’s right to vote is now accepted?

Not because they did nothing… They protested ALOT.

Yes, many people disliked it because of that and called it forced.

roadhog has an animal liberation front skin(called “austrailian” liberation front in game) for his archives skin, and (i dont have the book but looked at images online…) he has the Radioactive Lemon-Lime Soda Float which calls for sorbert (the non dairy ice) instead of ice cream

so im callin it now, all roadhog icons count :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tracer, Soldier, Symmetra and arguably Moira are all LGBT icons

The best month goes to October obviously. But seriously I don’t see why they wouldn’t do icons, even if it’s just a rainbow one

Ah, I see you’re a man of culture as well

1 Like

I’d say that, if the game were in a state that’s better than this, I’d absolutely be behind this (Is that the correct term? Sorry I’m not native, I mean I support it xD). But we have bigger priorities than an icon. We don’t have an icon for other minorities or opressed groups either, why is LGBT+ more important?

Answer: it isn’t. We should focus on what we need to focus first, and at best treat it as a side, home project. But the game doesn’t need an LGBT+ icon, it needs better patches, it needs a better scope, it needs a lot of things but an icon is not one of those.

pls read your title of post thanks

1 Like

You dont need it you want it. Try asking politely for it rather than demanding it might work out better.

2 Likes

Because sarcasm has been known to be a great way to get things that you want.

No. It’s bad enough y’all ruined beer cans.

But…it doesn’t need it…

I mean it’d be nice. I dunno if I’d rock it over my T500 icon, but it’d be nice.

Let’s just stop and think about this for a moment though:
How do you think, people would react, to seeing someone with a Pride flag in their Comp game?

How do you think the Western world specifically would react to this?
Because, if you are a member of the community- you know exactly how we will be treated.

Let’s- not do that.
It’ll be nice, and then it’ll be ruined as soon as we play in public matches.
No thank you.

Nothing is stopping you from setting it as your profile picture on social media, or Discord, or Youtube, or any number of things- but in game is probably a no-no due to the harassment it would definitely cause.

1 Like

Hmmm it does, in the form of conversations, maps, Archives events, etc

1 Like

Honestly its tragic, she would look so much better with it.

Desired? Sure.

Needed? No.

1 Like

It’s hilarious how diluted that term is. Now, I’m not homophobic. I never said that there was something bad with an LGBT+ icon. Read again, because I was talking about the ncessity of one. No one ever said that that crowdraise was a necessity that the game had, the game specifically had no reason to support that particular movement at that particular time. It was something to come out of well meant will to change. But it was not necesarry. That is a very strong word that should be used carefully, as it’s not something that the game needs.

This would be so cool! I don’t understand why the didn’t make the icons available already, being an inclusive game as it is.

Even Paladins has not only an icon, but the chance to duplicate XP and gold for pride month.

I mean, I don’t see an issue having a pride event in Overwatch.

1 Like

A broken feature of the character, which greatly affects his gameplay and power for the worse - 6 messages.

typical regular idea on how to stand out from the others - 100+ answers

There are doubts that people came to play OverWatch, and not to attract attention.

Right on! I’m proudly LGBT but get so tired of the forced pandering I see online :grimacing:

2 Likes

Lmao first world problems

Im with you on this, give em a rainbow icon already Blizz. Its a very small request

(Ive begged for icons before too so thats why I sympathise, specifically for one of the GOAT Brig skin as an icon)

4 Likes