LGBT+ Profile Icon needed

To be fair, if it was “SandyHook” I’d just think they were referencing Roadhog at the beach or something… XP Or maybe his hook not feeling pleasant as it grabs you. :sweat_smile:

Might seem insensitive, yeah, but you know … names have multiple meanings.

1 Like

I was going to say something about the beach but…

We can now all see why my relationship might fail and I would then marry my PC…

Anyway, here’s wonderwall

/backtoregulartopic

1 Like

I really don’t need a lgbtq icon. Like would it be cool to get a rainbow icon. I guess. But it’s far from a necessity.

I’m trying to duel a cyber ninja with a power ranger skin as an intelligent hamster lmao it does not come up in gameplay.

2 Likes

Want not need
7 characters

2 Likes

Point being it’d be cool to have it in game, wouldnt it?

It’s kinda funny I was rocking my rainbow weapon skins in GOW3 11 years ago but we don’t have a simple rainbow icon.

Holi Symmetra is the closest we have I suppose.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m not against it but I think that it’s not necessary for the game at this moment in time especially when blizz seems set on changing the meta

LOL this is funny… its a fact it occurred, I can say this because a Hindu representative spoke with Blizzard about it as its direct cultural appropriation of religious imagery. This notion that something is offensive or not (and able to point it out) because you are not part of some subgroup directly associated is ridiculous, no offense.

Their cosmetics team is separate from their balancing team though. That’s like saying their gear available on the store is getting in the way of game balance. Might be good to add during the summer games, as pride is in summer.

1 Like

Idk maybe there will be one in OW2 which I imagine is where the cosmetic team is focusing (making skins and all)

I’m hopeful that they tease maybe a few more of these skins soon :cry:

1 Like

introduce that avatar so people can insult you right away.
:sweat_smile: :rofl:

1 Like

why would someone insult you for having an LGBT icon? Oh, because they’re homophobic. Is that funny? I don’t get it.

American humour. Goes over ma wee Scottish heid sometimes, like.

4 Likes

My question to the OP: Is the game any less enjoyable or fun without the profile icon you’re asking for? I’ve been playing Overwatch since launch without there being any Christian profile icons in the game. I still love and play Overwatch. I don’t need representation of my values in my video games for me to enjoy them or to know they support or don’t support them. I just need the game to be fun for that.

Counterpoint. Is the game any less fun for not having a golden glove or victory pose for Symmetra that shows of her golden gun?

Yes.

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

3 Likes

Wait she doesn’t? Whaaat?! Ok now I’m mad! :rage:

Ähm, how can being LGBT be a value?
It’s a sexuality.

2 Likes

Yeah cause people hate all the games with LGBT right like Life is strange