Kirkiko ALREADY shows the problem with hero locks

She has a cleanse. She is the only hero in the game with access to a mass cleanse. Enemy running junkerqueen and ana? Need something to counter anti heal?

Sucks to be you if you don’t have the new hero.

This is why this system doesn’t work. Certain heroes have exclusive tools that make them viable counterpicks. Without access to those tools, a player is at a severe disadvantage, especially being locked into a role with so few heroes.

The rest of the game looks really good and fair. These systems look genuinely good. But this still just rubs me the wrong way. I don’t agree with this.

168 Likes

Zarya left the chat.

89 Likes

And there’s only one hero with an anti heal, one with a rez, one with lamp. Like lol :joy:

What y’all expect lmao

15 Likes

Only SUPPORT hero with access to a cleanse.

58 Likes

It will be nice to not have a cleanse in every single game. Oh wait, it’s going to be that way regardless. Kirko will be in every match either way.

2 Likes

2/3 of those are wrong thanks to Queen and Kiriko lol.

16 Likes

Ana mains in shambles.

6 Likes

Pick Bap. Kiriko is going to be hard for truly new players to pick up and master before they hit level 55 anyway

shes not for noobs

7 Likes

we expect to have the full roster available to everyone? like it has been since day 1? so that every team has access to the same tools???

19 Likes

Not to mention adding cleanse just to counter nade is overkill.

9 Likes

I literally just read an article saying Blizzard’s defense of heroes behind battlepasses was that they were no longer doing hard counters.

Come back to Kiriko having a cleanse to hard counter Ana. Interesting.

70 Likes

What happens when the December tank has a unique and very powerful ability? Most current free players won’t grind 55 tiers in 2 weeks.

Also quick play might be a casual mode but everyone deserves the same tools to win when characters have such outsized impact like this.

2 Likes

It could more of an issue with tanks. They will be disabled from comp for a few weeks too though

Im not worried about this for supports at all and very little for dps. tanks could indeed cause some issues for a couple weeks

That doesn’t change the issue that free players likely won’t or can’t grind those 55 tiers in two weeks.

And we can agree to disagree but I still think quick play deserves the same tools to win.

IMO it’s a bad move.

8 Likes

There is potneital for some issues to come up, i think most people see that.

As for kiriko, i doubt brand new players would be effective on her specifically before hitting level 55 anyway. She needs crits and good timing

we’ll see what happens with tanks in the future

I think its fair to say grinding 55 levels in two weeks will be literally impossible unless you have no job and spend 4 hours a day every single day grinding Overwatch 2. We don’t yet know what the xp in Overwatch 2 will be like but in Overwatch 1 I found that levels were about 1 hour each. So 55 hours in two weeks. (Maybe worse, until proven otherwise assume worse.) Best case scenario of 1 level per hour is 14 striaght days of 4 hours each to unlock in 2 weeks. That’s not a hobby that’s a job.

13 Likes

Queen too

1 Like

Here’s what worries me, they said when they gave Moira her debuff as an experiment that they thought debuffs were better than CC. And here’s a hero with a mass cleanse. And JQ also has debuffs. Are we we going to be seeing a lot of debuffs on future heroes? Because honestly, I don’t know about the rest of you but personally I hate getting hit with debuffs about as much as I hate getting hit with stuns.

4 Likes

Her cleanse also apperently works on ultimates, for example Rein’s shatter is cleansed by it. That is a HARD counter if there ever was one.

13 Likes

Zarya can cleanse a maximum of 2 people or herself and one other. How many can Kiriko do at once potentially? If a team is stacked?

2 Likes