Kinda worried that Devs are not hyping June 16th enough

It’s a spectrum my friend. There isn’t even a regular-type blue post on the general discussion for June 16th which apparently should be a somewhat big deal. Surely that is the minimum amount of work that would cross both communication/hyping.

But anyways. Your response is kind of weird because even if we pretend communication and hyping are separately identifiable, it’s not like Blizzard is communicating in lieu of hyping or something - there’s just… nothing instead.

4 Likes

you were being melodramatic and got owned.

6 Likes

Why not do that then? There hasn’t been a single hint of what to expect other than support changes which were talked about at 2 other occasions already.

You…actually believe there’s a PvE Overwatch 2 game coming?

That stuff is deader than King Tut.

2 Likes

I could be wrong but I believe the intent for this next round is to show off what the PVE looks like.

If it’s not that I don’t know what the point of it is.

Then what have I been playtesting?

38 Likes

I’d just like to say that the developer blogs have been fantastic and well received.

Hopefully the devs could continue with something similar after OW2 launches? Perhaps even with “State of balance” blogs that have a deep dive into current stats, heroes they’re concerned about, etc? It would be a good way to keep the community engaged and dispel potentially incorrect community perceptions regarding balance by explaining the stats.

9 Likes

thanks

Jodie has been doing a wonderful job with our editorial strategy. The fact that she was a fan and player of the game before joining the team is really shining through in how we’re structuring our blogs, the language we’re employing, and the information we’re including

Super proud of my team :slight_smile:

23 Likes

that is still coming man, you have been trying to say this for months now but you are going to be wrong

1 Like

Hopefully it can continue after launch and not just be for beta? :pray:

3 Likes

view this from a player view:

Would you rather:
A) Get radio silence
or
B) Get some reason to be excited for upcoming stuff

Player base communication is Blizzard’s greatest weakness.

Diablo, SC, OW all have little community communication.

Even the WoW devs eventually understood (took em a ton of years thoguh) this and started being more interactive (not a ton but anything at least lets playerbase know they care)

PVE is probably coming because Blizzard is basically staking the reputation (lmao, Blizzard and their reputation man, yikes) of OW2 as a sequel on PVE existing. It’s what’s justifying the “sequel” monitor.

The real question is if it will be any good.

2 Likes

that’s the plan

20chars

15 Likes

Somewhere out there there’s a parallel universe where people who make comments like that are somehow withheld access to things once they come around……”no sorry you don’t get to enjoy it since you thought it was just make believe”

It is coming alright… the question is with how much of it the game will launch.

Something about the devs also having to do this……:sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Don’t blame someone for not believing in Blizzard anymore after being let down so much, especially recently. Look at this from just 2017:

Just because Blizzard says something doesn’t mean you should believe it anymore. That being said I do believe PVE is coming out, just not sure how good it will be

Wasn’t referring to just blizz/ow…scenario plays out all the time for lots of things

100% agree on this. The regular blogs have been great insight into the coming game and the development process. They are much appreciated by many of us.

The live streams have been a bit less so. The early ones frankly weren’t very good. The latest one with ML7 and SVB was good though. Had a more casual atmosphere that seemed to put the dev team at ease and let things flow a bit better.

2 Likes

So jealous :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

1 Like