PVE has been cancelled

How hard is this to figure out - PVE is a separate “box-release” of OW 2 PVE likely with the final new characters… they will charge for this and the enticement in part is a serious cosmetics pack, new characters, etc.

1 Like

This thread is peak Overwatch Forum Doomer:

• Easily-debunked misinformation :white_check_mark:
  • Ignoring clear statements from devs or other publicly available information :white_check_mark:
  • Defeatist, rather than a legitimate attempt to be critical :white_check_mark:

Yep, this thread has it all.

7 Likes

AndyB is not a dev, folks, as he has told you himself. OP is correct that the devs have said nothing about PvE since Blizzconline.

He speaks for the devs. That is his job on here, as he has told you himself.

Keep dreaming bud.

Edit:
Here are some more, now stop spreading nonsense

4 Likes

every inch of PvE is gg to be purchases

Blizzard also said that women are treated with respect in the workplace

Me thinks they are not always the most honest bunch.

4 Likes

12 Likes

As if, they are not going make very much money off the pvp. Especially after 6 years of precedent. They NEED pve to earn my money, and I doubt I am alone. Surely some other people are sick of Blizzard and aren’t about to pay for what we once got for free. Hell nah.

2 Likes

Glances over at people spending thousands on Diablo Immortal :persevere:

1 Like

I would give them a stern and disappointed face if I thought they were capable of understanding it.

2 Likes
1 Like

All assets were transferred to Battlepass.

That is the only content to be mad. Skins skins skins boys!

Actually, he’s repeatedly said in here that he does NOT presume to say things anout development because it’s “disrespectful” of the teams’ effort. Also the only thing your video said was that PvE was being “decoupled.” No new images, no new footage, and after a year on top of the PvP content drought, it’s doubly worrying.

No one doubts that Blizzard could make a good PvE game, and we know a ton of stuff has been in development. But the longer it goes without an official response from the dev team, the more likely it becomes that we don’t get that game, just like none of Kotick’s side projects that he spent dev time on ever came true.

People are worried, and they’re right to be worried.

1 Like

I mean it hasn’t died yet… and just cause blizzard isn’t talking about it means the project is dead. Blizzard is just really bad at communication. Either saying nothing at all, or lying through their teeth with “hopes and dreams” disguised as facts only to be cut later on.

I mean Diablo Immortal went utterly silent for like 2 years and it just came out… not that I think it’s a good game or anything but it’s out. My worry is the reason they aren’t talking about it is it’s so bad they don’t have anything good to say much like Immortal.

With the PVP going free to play and loaded with MTX I struggle to see how a PVE game will do well. Not unless it has even more MTX. Add to this Blizzard hasn’t exactly wowed us with PVE content previously. The events were always bare bones game play, relying more on the story than anything else.

Which is exactly why it’d be awful for him to mislead us about how the team is going with the PVE if it was anything close to being scrapped :man_facepalming:

The PVE was mentioned by a dev in that video.

That is all.

And then along with the tweets I edited in (Didn’t even look that hard), you really have no argument. Just nonsense.

1 Like

Selling “PVE” digital content won’t make money. Its quite boring playing against scripted AI more then 2-3 times in a game like this.

However… kids will spend thousands of dollars on glitter skins for Mercy from a cash shop!

For you, perhaps. But there are plenty of people that enjoy Overwatch’s style of PVE :+1:

I mean, there’s a level of transparancy through official channels that fans should get rather than having to trawl a third party website for individual developers’ statements. It’s ironic that after the forums and the playerbase going completely ballistic for multiple years over “radio silence” that now that they got communication on THEIR pet issue that they’re telling others to just shut up about continued radio silence.

1 Like

That’s a separate issue to whether or not the PVE has been cancelled.

1 Like

this is a pretty pessimistic take lol but if anything notice how they stated that October 4th is early access… meaning they split the release in 2, Oct 4th PvP and 2023+ PvE

of course, PvE isn’t free, this is the part that you’ll have to pay for but etiher way, just wait until Thursday when they reveal their plan