Kill role Q but put in hero bans

CONDITIONS:

1. Remove role q and dissolve the current 3 sr system. Revert it back to 1 rank.

2. Allow players to pick heroes from any role at the start of the match. Restrict the maximum amount of heroes for one role to just 3, and only allow one role to have up to 3 heroes at one time. This way if three teammates already selected 3 tanks, then the remaining players are locked from selecting more than 2 supports or 2 dps. the only possible combination of roles each game is 222 or 321. Just like in the good old days, selecting heroes and roles is a first come first served basis.

3. Divide the tank selection pool into two separate categories lined up side by side: “Protector” (rein,orisa,sig,winston) and “Bruiser” (the rest). Restrict the amount of protector tanks to a maximum of 2 per team.

4. Rework mei into a tank (bruiser). Very easy, she already essentially is one she just is in need of some tweaks. Must happen because people will pick dps mei as 4th tank

5. Add more heroes to the game, specifically for lesser countered comps or heroes. Random examples: Like a dps with a debuff that can half enemy heals, or another ability type that can punish armored foes (anti goats). Or new cc abilites that dont affect tanks (for doom, etc), or new support type abilties that affect large health targets differently than smaller hp targets. Or another hero that utilizes and benefits from enemy shields ( for double barrier comps)

6. Hero bans will be prompted at the very start of a match, where only the map is revealed. the names and profiles of all players is hidden until the bans are selected. ideally there would be only one banned hero selected by each team (2 banned total)

4 Likes

Today my teammates told the Winston to go main tank and I was like “wtf? He’s a main tank lol”

2 Likes

3 words in and I’ve already lost all hope…

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

12 Likes

…role q is a disaster

bans won’t work well with role q at all. at least with my revert suggestion the worst that people have to deal with is triple dps (which works wonderfully most of the time)

plus you can actually play what you want from any role, unless its banned

Ehh, according to pretty much every single source of evidence out there, the exact opposite is actually true, but hey… You do you! :man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

Too bad I and tons of other people never had the same experience as you in any way… :man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I know of no valid data to support the claim that role queue is a success

2 Likes

Ah, yes. Everyone, time to welcome back GOATS.

Kk thanks for reminding us for your ignorance and bias for the third time today.

Have a nice rest of the day :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if you got through all of this post, But the system he describes avoids goats specifically…only one role can have a triple pick. once the third of each role is picked, the others are locked to 2. mandatory to have each role filled.

This isn’t a bad thought, although I would think that this is a difficult coding thing (not having a clue on how to code a game.)

So back to 4-5 DPS (or whu play as DPS)? this first come first serve thing was never working. All I remmber that someone picked first DPS then other 2 ppl too… and started arguing that who gonna play supp and tank. Of course the 4th ppl also wanted to play DPS and in most cases the 5th too…
The whole thing would be a little like Mystery Heroes. My guess is that QP woud become “I quit and re-queue until I got my favorite DPS hero” cycle.

too bad core goats heroes can’t get banned huh

why are you bringing up 4-5 dps comps? this suggestion specifically states that there can never be more than 3 dps at one time.

if you dont get dps ask for someone to swap or try to snag a dps spot next round before it’s selected

This is basically 1-3-2 lol, if they pick 3 tanks then only one dps or support. It’ll make even more harder to balance what they still have problem to, because a support will become a must pick for being able to heal 3 tanks and if they go 2-2-2 it’ll become a mess of unbalanced heroes, they’ll do too much damage, too much tanking and too much healing.
Role queue is a base, something solid that they can use to make balancing more easy.

but they hardly balanced these past 4 seasons of role q at all, and the match making was somehow even worse

besides maybe two bans a game, players will have even more freedom to play what heroes they want to from tank, dps and support roles. not sure why people think balancing 321 and 222 together is too much when balancing 222 still isn’t close to done

we dont need op combos anymore liek that that is why rolequeue system was put into place to stop overpowered teams

well its certainly been an epic fail to say the least

too bad an individual’s control over impacting a game was greatly sacrificed for it, too

Oh really? Then what make you think it’ll make more easy to balance that?
They have yet to buff, nerf and rework a bunch of heroes and even add other to the cast meaning even more buffs/nerfs, adding 1-3-2 will only delay the need of many heroes to get what they deserve, bcs half of the cast if not all will need a complete analysis in their kit and the impact they do in game to make sure that 1 dps can’t 1v6 with his damage, a support can’t heal 5 teammates making them immortal and the tanks don’t become bullet proof.

Jeff wrote today that they arent working on hero bans and arent in favor of them at this time, for multiple reasons

Jeff did not say that today. jeff said he was not for hero bans in the game a while ago, the mod just posted Jeff’s older opinion about it again now. Hero bans have not been ruled out, but signs do point that some other big change is coming very soon.

EDIT: ok nevermind I just saw Jeff’s response. give it another year and we will get bans i bet u. even if it’s just in owl

Yeahhh… no that’s not happening bro. Maybe when mass rez comes back…

More like regained all hope.