KarQ | OVERWATCH HITBOXES for EVERY HERO

That’s really fascinating

60 Likes

Just finished watching this, knew someone would post about it.

It’s interesting to see some of this data, especially the Dva critbox. It’s not a big critbox relatively speaking, but it’s in a TERRIBLE place that makes it easier to hit.

17 Likes

I knew Ana had a ridiculously tiny hitbox.

29 Likes

Her little sidewings and antennas create massive hitbox.
I wouldn’t say her critbox is the problem, it’s that her hitbox is just general humongous

Are those the hitboxes for hitscan or projectile weapons?

2 Likes

Hitscan (as far as I know)
Projectile size is different, so it wouldn’t make much sense use it to calculate the hitbox

1 Like

The trap can actually be jumped over by Soldier 76 with proper timing and reaching the apex of his height.

I’ve seen this done multiple times before by soldiers.

3 Likes

Huge hit boxes yet everyone keeps missing. I wonder if there is some deformation or positional changes to hit boxes when characters move. I had some suspicion that when echo flies she seems to arch forward while the rest of her body is horizontal.

I think having some leeway is necessary for console and for various skin shapes but aside of crit boxes, hit boxes are one of those unspoken things in balance discussions that people should consider to buff/nerf characters like tanks.

3 Likes

Well dang, Winston and D.Va’s hitboxes contain so much empty air around them! And why the heck would her wings and antennae be part of it when Sigma’s doesn’t even include his shoulder pads? All they need to do to buff tanks is give them hitboxes that aren’t giant spherical balloons!

13 Likes

Hitbox manip is pretty common technique

5 Likes

I have the hardest time hitting Dva’s critbox because it’s the most different from literally everything I’ve ever fired at in my entire life in any game ever. So maybe it’s normal for you to shoot at the center of a hitbox, but it’s not for some others at least.

4 Likes

Now i hope people understand that Hanzo isnt shooting logs.

He’s still shooting logs, it’s just that the arrows aren’t the logs; his targets are!

12 Likes

Well, big hitboxes help bodyblocking, which I think was their intent.

2 Likes

also her hitbox moves outside of its model when she scopes + moves forward

2 Likes

please god blizzard please just make ashe’s head hitbox smaller please please please

They are not logs, they are horizontal bricks.
Every shoulder hit for hanzo is a Headshot. its ridiculous. Video is clearly a good check on that.

Also those hitboxes are not accurate for hitscan. When you go into training, you wont hit shots outside the hero model, like not at all. Even if you do, its generally a Netcode thing more like a 3D model thing.

1 Like

I don’t think so, because the damage and support heroes have them too.

Seeing this actually kind of frustrates me. It basically means I’m way easier to hit than I thought I was, and my own shots were practically given to me as well. It also makes playing a spikey character, like Pharah, not really much better than playing a fatso like Torb.

And of course there’s the plain indignity of Ashe and Zen having critboxes like fishbowls and Mei just getting a nice little one. If I was God (Jeff) everyone would have a hitbox like Ana’s.
In other words, Tracer would become the destroyer of worlds.

Mccree’s headhitbox stops at the cigar. That’s awesome. I always thought it’s the hat. No. The cigar is key. :joy: this is a great video and great job to pluzorminuz for making it.

2 Likes

Anything the character interacts with.