KarQ | OVERWATCH HITBOXES for EVERY HERO

Uh, no, if the antennas, and fins werent apart of the hurtbox, the shots would otherwise hit a wall, most likely. I think for overwatch 2, they should re-do all of the collision data.

Can we get an experimental card that fixes these?

Jesus

2 Likes

One of the more interesting parts is where the headhitbox starts by some heroes

1 Like

I’m glad KarQ put this video out and thankful to PluzOrMinuz for his hard work, hopefully this video will put an end to that ridiculous hitbox image that has been rolling around quite some time

Overwatch is not in 2D so why did people brought up that 2D hitboxes comparison beats me

1 Like

Well no a football would be more accurate considering his arrow size is 0.2m or 20cm in diameter (and yes its a ball).

But considering how fast everything moves here its probably okey and along with Genji there aren’t alot of heroes having such small Projectile Hitboxes… there aren’t any smaller ones atleast.

Aaaaand Symmetra is massive and her head is more massive. A relic of her lock-on to make her easier to hit.

She needs to shrink. Or 250 HP. Can’t stay like this. Either way the head must shrink though.

16 Likes

Yeah, i know. Just wanted to point out that most people are quick to blame Hanzos arrow hitbox for weird hit connection.

Maybe the real “hitscan nerf” is to shrink some hitboxes tbh. though obviously that’d affect projectiles too, not as much though.

3 Likes

We’ve been shooting chubby snowmen for 4 years.

4 Likes

I think Projectile is triggered if hero’s hitbox and Projectle’s hitbox overlap at some point. Hitscans only trigger if you click right on the hero’s hitbox.

But that’s just what I would expect ^^

1 Like

I might be prejudiced but to me it looks like she is pretty much Pharah without Wings. She is bigger than other ranged heroes like Junkrat or Soldier and matches Reaper, who has 250 HP, Lifesteal and probably the best disengage out of every DPS.
The only one with an equally oversized hitbox is McCree, who actually had 250 HP tried out and didnt get it because he excels at almost any range and has an OTK to all Squishies. (Although I would prefer Thiccree with his Primary Nerfed ^^)

I think Symmetra needs 250 HP NOW! And Photon Barrier on E!

3 Likes

Even without weird hitbox movement like Tracer leaning into her run, most heroes go 5.5 m/s with no movement acceleration, meaning they can go from a full sprint left to a full sprint right in an instant. This is annoying enough for hitscan, but it really hurts projectile and tracking aim.

3 Likes

Funny enough, Ana’s hitbox is one of the few that’s true to it’s character model. It’s tiny compared to other heroes, but it’s more appropriate to say other heroes have incredibly large hitbox’s.

4 Likes

It’s kind of interesting that hitboxes are kinda deceptive and some heroes have advantages or disadvantages coded in via them. Like Ashe’s giant head or Mercy’s wings that barely have hitboxes at all.

I think a good buff to some disadvantaged heroes with giant hitboxes would be to make them more normal sized. Torb, Sym, and Ashe all could use this (maybe not after Ashe already got buffed, but toning down her hitbox would have been more fair).

Some heroes should have bigger hitboxes too, like Zarya.

4 Likes

It is for all, but projectiles has it’s own hitboxes aswell, which aligns differently compared to hitscan weapons.

1 Like

Looks at hitboxes

Well, this must be what people are talking about when they talk about skill.

2 Likes

no wonder D.Va feeds…

No wonder Symmetra was a glass cannon beam hero, she looked slim but thicc hitbox.

1 Like

These hitboxes are actually kind of inexcusable for a competitive shooter in 2020. There’s no reason they need to be this forgiving - hitboxes weren’t even this bad in 1995 :rofl:

5 Likes

Wonder if it’s possible to do the hitbox for Moira’s right click and ultimate. Just to shut up the “lock on/auto-aim” people.