KarQ | OVERWATCH HITBOXES for EVERY HERO

We were the logs all along

2 Likes

Wow, symm’s actual hitbox is jacked, alongside her critical hitbox.

No wonder she’s so easy to hit lmao. Our skinny legend was a lie all along.

Also Zenyatta’s hitbox is far too round for a support who’s only defence mechanism is hit or die.

1 Like

Also explains why headshots can occur abit too much, especially when comes to flicking their shots.

Apparently certain characters have larger head hit boxes than their actual head model.

Granted this could very well be intentional design to made certain characters having bigger hit boxes, but still a rather hilarious detail.

Never knew Bastion had a head hitbox from behind while in sentry mode. Wow.

Could be because RoadHog’s scrap gun shoots projectiles. I don’t know how it is for the OW engine but in other games (for example, Source games like TF2) there are different hitboxes for hitscan weapons vs projectile weapons.

The original Bastion design at release included his own front-facing shield when he was in turret mode. That of course led players to naturally wonder how they were supposed to kill him, and the answer was “his crit box is on the back.”

Today you don’t generally see him in games at all unless a team wants to play around him, and at that point critting him in the back probably isn’t the way you’re going to take him out. All that to say: you probably didn’t know because you never really needed to know.

I’d like to see Hanzo aiming hitbox because his head becomes inconstant as heck when he’s aiming

As you can see, Hanzo’s bow doesn’t block his head, because the bow itself isn’t even part of the hitbox.

they’re made with raycasts in workshop, so hitscan. projectiles have their own hitboxes

1 Like

I think Mei’s hit box needs to be bigger tbh. She is soooo hard to kill as a tank unless you just over run her.
And ( for me ) you can never one shot her as hog.
Also i did not know how BIG the hit boxes really are for me as a tank.
I mean i knew monkey has a big hit box in his ult but the bloody thing is MASSIVE paired to the look of the hero it’s self.

I think hitbox should fit the models.

It could block it for the exact reason
Either the Arms getting larger hitboxes when aiming
Or the bow counts as some sort of destroyable object and interferes with the headshot
Either way, it has been proven that Hanzo aiming has an inconsistent head hitbox, and I’d like to see what exactly makes it happen NGL

1 Like

He’s shooting little arrows at huge trees and can’t miss!