— Total Health

• 200 hp + 50 armor = 250 total

— Barrier

• 300 hp

Self-Heals

— Inspire

• Removed, no longer AoE or Self heals from it

— New Passive: Patching up

• Self heals by 20 hps after 0.5s of not being full health, stops when full health.
  • Dealing damage interrupts the self healing.
  • Self healing restarts after 2s of not dealing damage.

Team-Heals

— Repair Packs

• 2 charges
  • Range reduced to 20 meters
  • Heals by 20 hps for 7s
  • Cooldown 5s

Example: If you distribute all your packs in a short period of 10 secs: You’d get 2 people healing 20 hps by 5s, then you’d get a new pack and use it, 3 people healing 20 hps by 2s, then previous 2 packs would end their effect, then 1 person healing 20 hps by more 3s before the next pack is available.

The in-combat self healing for Brig was removed drastically increasing her resources management skills and also less frustrating to fight against.

If the Brig player chooses not to attack, just escape, her self healing triggers very fast and continues even if she takes damage.

Repair packs have reasonable healing and agency for the Brig player. 2 charges of packs healing 20 hps each, duration longer than the CD.

Since Repair Packs’ range was reduced and she no longer self heals in-combat, some resource buffs were included, such as 300 barrier and 250 total hp.

Of course numbers can be tweaked.

3 Likes

I was about to say that Brig would be weak but then i saw her self heals and now Idk, she might be a little too resiliant buy maybe not. It definitely is a bit of a selfish build which may make the brig player happy but those slow heals might make team members unhappy.

But I think the build isn’t too bad, somethings just took a bit of thought to understand better, like her slow heals when on two people at the same time being 40hps output. Interesting you opted for 2 packs and not 1 strong pack, but nothing wrong with it.

Interesting design, there aren’t the resources for balancing but the ideas there

2 Likes

sounds like a fair concept

2 Likes

Thank you both.

@Jaezuhn the way you said it seems like I should improve the writing for better understanding, I’ll try it later.

I think her healing is too low. Even Roadhog could easily get more heal per game than her.

I would rather remove 2 repair packs.

Repair pack

• One charge
  • Instantly heals for 60HPS, then 20HPS for 2s
  • Grants aditional 25 temporary armor if target’s health is full

You mean 60 burst + 2s of 20 hps = 100 total heals?

I guess that would be low heals without inspire and just with 1 pack.

2 packs of 20 hps heals each by 7s means: 2 x (7 x 20) = 2 x 140 = 280 heals.
The CD of 5s helps get a new pack charge 2s earlier.

If you distribute all your packs in a short period of 10s you’d get 2 people healing 20 hps by 5s, then you’d get a new pack and use it, 3 people healing 20 hps by 2s, then previous 2 packs would end their effect, then 1 person healing 20 hps by more 3s before the next pack is available.

So pushing her more in off healer teritory.

I would say she will need some utility if thats a case. Like Overheal perhaps?

1 Like

Yes, off-heals territory.

I understand your wish for an utility (like overheal), but I’m fine with her getting more barrier and holding her old 250 total hp in an attempt to see if her CC proves to be a useful utility. If she proves to lack utility I’d then buff her with overheals (maybe a life-link ability or just an armor-link could also work).

1 Like

You’re a fair gentleman.

1 Like

I meant this changes for current Brig (with inspire) + buff her to 250HP)

I think an interesting mechanic to try would be a “life-link” mechanic, where perhaps throwing a Repair Pack is more like Zen’s Orb; a permanent, no cooldown buff applyable to one teammate at a time. It doesn’t heal on it’s own, but as Brigitte deals damage it will heal that teammate in equal numbers.

Example. Brigitte Repair Packs one teammate, and they stay locked together as long as they retain line of sight. As Brigitte deals damage with each swing of her mace (35?), it heals 35 health in a small burst on that teammate. Whip Shot is 70 damage, so it heals that teammate by 70. Allow quickly decaying overheal of like, 25 armor for that one target.

Rally could be changed so that it essentially gives every teammate in an AoE around her Repair Pack, as she damages enemies, it heals all nearby allies instead of just one. She could then also overarmor all teammates temporarily.

Idk, sounds cool to me

Idk, I would make it so she heals even when she does damage, she’s supposed to be a melee hero after all
Otherwise it would feel like a worse version of Mercy’s passive

We can tweak the self heals number if needed, but IMO she needs to be able to attack

I really think they need to move Brig up to the Tank area. Increase her health. Increase her shield. Get rid of all the healing and add an ability similar to Torb where she can temp increase her speed and armor.

While the idea does sound interesting it doesn’t sound like Brig the mechanic at all. It just doesn’t fit with her background or Personality.

Definitely an Idea for another Support Hero though.

As for the Main Idea of this thread I would be down to testing it however I feel like 2s of not dealing damage for her self heals to start is too long in a fast paced game like overwatch. Maybe 1 or 0.5 s would feel better then we could also push the self healing down to 15 or something as I feel like 20 healing and armor could be frustrating for some people to chew through.

1 Like

Right, that would push her closer to her pre-222 state, but with less barrier and a less bursty pack. My personal opinion is that even though some people want that, she would still not be in a good spot as a “little more durable in-combat” support that also makes her teammates more durable, despite less healing distribution.

I guess that could work, We’d have to think more about of the potential downsides of this (if there’s any), but that is more like a life-steal mechanic you described, like what Reaper has, but instead the healing goes to a teammate (not herself).

Well, in order to be active with her melee she needs durability, but Devs don’t want her to be actively meleeing people W+M1 style, they want her to be careful to choose engagements, right now they are pushing her to get only enough durability for the occasional self defense since she has ranged healing and can afford to avoid risks
The problem I see is that if she’s durable to W+M1 people actively she can’t have impactful healing because then she would be raising her teammates time to die on top of her already having a higher time to die. She would have to peel for teammates not saving them with healing, but being impactful by chasing enemies to fight them for her teammates, very much closer to an off-tank style than a support one.

I’d like Brig to be like the last point you mention. I kinda see her character as someone who is brawly. But yeah having her like that, to compensate that she should have low healing output. Using her kit to fend off enemies from her teammates and providing bits of healing to help her other support keep allies up. Sort of like Lucio. You use his speed boost to enable your team. Or get them to safety. Booping enemies about or into your team and using his healing to help keep allies alive but it not being enough healing to usually make a huge impact like say, Ana heals would.

If you can have Mei as a dps, who can act somewhat as a tank. And Hog who a lot of people play as a dps in the tank role. I don’t see why you can’t have an off tank like support.

1 Like

Because being a hard to kill support on top of distributing healing to make your teammates get a longer time to die is complicated to balance.

Therefore she should’t be a support that is impactful on her healing, but is on her melee + CC fighting, which gets to be distant from a support style and closer to an off-tank one.

You’d say Zen is somehow like this, closer to a DPS than a support, but the difference is that Zen is not durable on his own.

Yeah that is true. It would be difficult to balance. I think pre 222 I don’t think her healing in itself was massively impactful. It was usually used in tandem with 2 other supports where it’s AOE affect would make a big difference on top of the other healing the other supports were providing. But if you’re limited to only 2 supports it’s not as bad. Not that I’m saying just changing her directly to her pre-222 state instantly makes her perfect.

I guess it would be closer to an off-tank/off-healer role. Rather than a off-tank/off-healer/main healer/etc hybrid. A problem with her now is that she does too much. So if you limit that rather than her being able to do everything. Might help slightly.

True, it’s definitely fair that Zen has that disadvantage. Because he can provide so much extra damage and damage increase to a target. He’s not very durable. You kinda see it as having targets die quickly enough to compensate his low healing and lack of durability - like before that becomes too much of an issue.

1 Like

Thank you for willing to give it a chance and for your feedback, I thought about the 2s because it’s the same time her barrier takes to starts the regen, but 1s with 15 hps sounds faster and reasonable, interesting take.

What would happen to rally? If Brigitte can throw 20 heal/s every 5 seconds, so a bit slower healing output than Zenyatta. Rally no longer makes teammates as durable, as it is not being stacked with inspire healing.

Should Rally be a bit stronger? To make it more reactionary as transdence is?