Incoming "Mass-Rez was not overpowered" threads

I only queued with friends up through S3. When I started solo queueing, SHOCKING, I KNOW, I climbed. Because I could focus on my own skill instead of mine and friends. It wasn’t until I stopped queueing with them that I climbed and my true skill showed. But they always blamed me because I didn’t play skilled heroes, while they stayed in diamond, I was in GM. And even then, they still told me it was because I played skill-less heroes and I could never climb with DPS like them. Joke is on them, my flex smurf is at 3902, close to GM. And a lot of my heroes are Sombra, Soldier, Tracer, Zarya, Moira, Mercy occasionally, Brig occasionally, and Ana occasionally.

1 Like

Mass resurrection wasn’t OP on the POV of Mercy players lmaoo they didn’t have to deal with it with their character. Instead they complain about Dead eye/Rip tire / Tactical Visor ultimate’s that directly affects them.

A Mercy have 0 interaction in all the game with the enemy Mercy.

and thus, that mercy main is correct in your eyes.

yep.

people made fun of the “just shoot the mercy” argument.

But now when I play roadhog. I get insta killed at 400 hp in the span of 1.5 seconds.

Oh, it was your friends?? That sucks… I know exactly how you feel. I ended up climbing to masters with Mercy… The issue is that I only really played comp for golden guns hahaa… I have regrets. My friends gave me all sorts of crap because of it, though. Because, you know, Mercy…

1 Like

Well also remember, Pharmercy is very powerful to use, especially in lower ranks where no one is able to counter it, Ana has always been better then Mercy, I go over the reasons why quite a bit:

Titanium had also made a beautiful post on what is wrong with Mercy, and she used a LOT of facts, maybe you should check it out so you can understand a bit more!

and to top it off, they could’ve even got rid of the “fly to dead team mates” guardian angle option so “hide and rez” would literally be impossible and thus get rid of the “unfun” aspect for people fighting against mercy.

Wow, this couldn’t be more inaccurate. A good Mercy player would constantly be calling out the enemy Mercy and keeping track of when she did or did not have ult which is fairly easy to do when your ults have the same charge rate. A good Mercy would also target an enemy Mercy if the opportunity arose, whipping out her pistol in order to remove her from the team fight and prevent her from either getting rez off or building it up. A Mercy player knows the strength of the enemy Mercy player the best of the team.

This is the most stupid argument that I ever read in this forum, if you play S76 and the enemy S76 ults two times before you is because he managed to do more damage. Same than Mercy if she has ult before the enemy Mercy is because she healed more.

Yeah this happened in pro plays to right? "watch out guys Mercy leaved the back line completely safe 5 meters away from danger and now she is going to find the Enemy Mercy hiding !

no, they probably did it because they deemed they wanted a more faster game and less of shield wars and less of “get the pick first and then push” aspect of overwatch.

They wanted a more fast paced game which is why they outright said “we have to hold ourselves back sometimes from giving every character mobility.”

Believe it or not, you can actually pay attention to how much the enemy Mercy is healing and use that to deduce where her ult rate is at, crazy right? Plus, Rez was a fairly consistant ult, it would usually pop up every 2-3 team fights or so, not hard to predict.

Pro play is not representative of ladder play and as someone who has been playing Mercy since launch I can tell you that I’ve killed plenty a Mercy’s in my time with the game, things can get a little hectic sometimes in this game y’kno. Also back in the day Mercy was rewarded for taking risks and wouldn’t always be in the backline and instead was zipping all over the place, something the other Mercy could punish here and there.

“muh low rank OP-ness”

Every ez character is OP in low ranks.

Junk, brig, roadhog, doom, literally any character that does high burst damage.

Should all of these characters get reworked just so some bronzies dont get upset over being stomped by those some characters they can pick and try and get gud with?

The mass res introduced the hide and seek minigame that was kinda busted. It wasn’t OP in the sense of doing too much, it was just not always possible to prevent a Mercy from hiding.

Someone needed to check for her, if it isn’t you then hope someone else does. Where’s the Mercy hiding, who and how many are going to hunt her, is it really worth the time and resources. You aren’t even guaranteed to get to her before she resses anyways after getting past all the checks that you wouldn’t have to do in the first place against literally any other hero.

I had no problem with it. When I played competitive while her rework was still only on ptr I had zero issues countering her mass res. I usually ulted that area as Mei and it was good. I barely played back then and now I don’t really play at all but I’m supposed to be average apparently. The paragraph above is just a reflection from a live example from Seagull’s stream, it didn’t affect me but I think it’s a valid argument.

I’m glad to see the hide and seek gone because there’s no way I would’ve played like that. Her rework was bad too though and flatlined her gameplay with res on cd and the nature of Valkyrie. When it was announced she was OP the first time I knew I was definitely not going to like her anymore.

1 Like

This is a big misconception as most Mercy players would tell you: We did not hide at all and were always present in team fights. People often confuse taking cover with hiding as you would often see Mercys stay behind corners but literally everyone does that as it is dumb to be out in the open and makes you susceptible to damage. Hiding means completely leaving a team fight and although I’m sure bad Mercy players did that it is essentially a bad strategy. If the main healer is not present in a team fight it becomes a 5v6 and the enemy team can easily win the fight without using ultimates. If a Mercy were to rez after that, not only would her team have an ultimate disadvantage, they would also have worse positioning and the enemy team would still be snowballing from before the rez was used.

It was more common for the other people on the team to yell for the Mercy to hide than for the Mercy to ask the team to go get themselves killed.

Additionally, mass rezzes are themselves a big misconception as they didn’t happen all that often and it was much more optimal to rez one or two teammates in order to sustain the team fight rather than wait for the 5 man as it’s an uncommon occurrance and often resulted in one or two players respawning before the Mercy would be able to rez, giving the team a number disadvantage and causing trickling.

Directly above this thread was “Mass-Rez was not Overpowered.” I laughed at that.

“Which don’t really count”.

I don’t think it was op, with or without the invulnerabilidade, I just don’t like the hide and seek game I had to play

I feel people overestimate how much hide and res really was. Yes it happened, and it probably happened once or twice per game, but people make it sound like that is the only thing they did with Mercy was play tag. If Mercy players hid so often, there would be a lot more team wipes. Her stats do not support this assumption, as her average resses late in Mass Res was 6 on average. Before that, it was 4. Also, her healing per game is VERY close to Valkyrie Mercy, being near 12k, while Valk Mercy is only 200 points above 12k, meaning it is 300 healing per game difference.

Are you telling me Mercy hid so often for those team wipes that she would only ult once in an entire game and never again? Because the stats seem to support that she would get many 1-2 man resses, which also does not support that Mercy constantly hid.

If Blizzard is so “in tune” with stats being the be all end all, why do these stats not support hide and res?

Again, YES. It did happen, and it most likely happened once or twice PER MATCH. But it definitely isn’t as wild and crazy and often as people make it sounds or her stats would support it. And they don’t.

1 Like

Of course, there are lots of situations that would lead to that, like: people would die far from each other, Mercy would take fewer people instead of risking go even deeper in the enemy team, she would get killed before she could ult, etc.
There are lots of Mercy players arguing that tempo ress was more valuable, and I agree, but most of my games I had heard a teammate complaining I didn’t hide and because of that I risked a loss (when we won) or throwed (when we lost)

this is already too many for the taste of some people

1 Like

I know that feeling all too well. As for the hiding, many heroes still do that, even now, including Mercy. It is natural to not stay in a losing fight. Many of my Reins will completely stay away from grav instead of trying to help save the targets in it, especially squishiest that need him. It happens to every hero, but Mercy seems to be the only exception that can’t do this.