Incoming "Mass-Rez was not overpowered" threads

Didn’t see that bit, my bad. You’d be surprised how many people truly believe Mercy’s pickrate should be zero above plat disregarding how Mercy’s skill requirement goes up just on account of how much better the flankers get.

Been that many posts its easy to loose track of whats been said to whom :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Say it with me people. Popularity does not equate to power level. Mercy had and has a high pickrate because people enjoy her playstyle, she is consistent and because she’s a pretty angel lady that everyone likes.

4 Likes

Ugh if the forums didn’t suck on mobile, I’d be able to keep up with this conversation. Guess I’ll just read instead.

Though, Matsy, it seems like you just need to work on your wording a bit. :stuck_out_tongue:

Used to like*

We all hate her now, let’s be honest.

2 Likes

Probably, I’m tired <.<

1 Like

lmao tru, now she’s only played for her power level rip

1 Like

I know that feeling all too well… There have been so many times when I’ve worded something in a way that made it seem… Like I was trying to say something else, I suppose.

Did she just pretend that damage boost doesn’t exist?! :thinking:

There’s some truth to this. I saw the cinematic trailer, saw Mercy, and instantly thought “I want this game.”

4 Likes

Hohoho there cowboy.

That’s quite a leap.

If you say that heroes that are easy to play should perform badly depending on their entry level then you’re deliberately creating non-viable heroes.

You’re also saying the only definition of skill is aim. There is still a vast difference in how a Masters Mercy plays compared to a Bronze Mercy.

Heroes have different skill assets. Some heroes have a higher entry level than others. That’s all there is to it.

3 Likes

But with you stats youre literally trying to say mercy was op during the time ana was trash and there were no other main healers. Lucio/Zen was situational for the entire ladder too. Of course mercy was highly picked…

I’ll just quote this…

Certain heroes take more skill to play (not just aim, combinations)

This was me as well. I knew nothing about OW, played a tiny bit of Genji because I liked the idea of his blade. Quickly realized I hate him, tried Reaper, but I knew I wasn’t a DPS player (never play DPS in any game I play) and went to healer. Mercy immediately appealed to me and I stuck to her no matter how much people said she sucked (this was about 5 days after release) and said I should play Lucio. Stuck with her through all the crap and “troll pick” comments because I loved her.

Now-a-days I try to stay away from her as much as possible, which is CRAZY to think about because I put over 500 hours in her before the rework. Ever since the rework, I have yet to put a total of 200 hours in her. That is less than half the amount of time I used to play her.

1 Like

I’m saying either she was unbalanced against the first scenario, or the first scenario really doesn’t have much meaning on current balance so a revert “being balanced then” is not a good justification for Mercy being balanced more against current Moira/Ana.

I told you, just stop. He just contradicted himself in 1 sentence, but he will continue replying. He kinda reminds me of blizzard. Pride doesn’t allow him to admit him being wrong

2 Likes

I think people are also forgetting that since launch the support class has always been unpopular and as Mercy has always been the only character able to solo heal (until the latest patch rip) people often played her as no one else on the team was willing to play support. I remember back in the day a lot of people complained about having to play Mercy all the team because no one else would heal. The primary reason they added Moira and Brigitte was to add healers that would be fun to play.

Good thing we are asking for a revert with more balance changes then ;D

2 Likes

I’m the same exact way at the moment. Though, I did sort of get the game a year after release… Good to know that she got so much crap back then. :confused:

1 Like

Regardless of your opinion, y’all are needlessly rude to that dude. Have they done anything to warrant it this thread?