IMPORTANT UPDATE regarding European players not earning OWL Grand Finals rewards (spray and Tracer Skins)

As many of you know European players who watched the 2020 Overwatch League Grand Finals on overwatchleague.com have reported not receiving the 2020 Overwatch League Mosaic Spray or the Grey and White OWL Tracer Epic skins. Blizzard has updated their recommended steps of procedure to also try the following.

From Blizzard Customer Support:

We have received multiple reports of this issue and can confirm it is not working correctly. While this is being investigated, performing a password reset on your account may help resolve the issue.

I hope this information helps anyone still looking to access their skins on the European Region.

As a reminder, if you are a PlayStation 4 player (regardless of region) who is missing these rewards, please try unlinking and relinking your Blizzard account.

15 Likes

Thank you for passing this on

Oooo I’ll try this now! I am praying this will work

IT WORKED! I finally have the skin on EU! Thanks a bunch for sharing this man I and many others will appreciate this.

4 Likes

Worked.

Kinda annoying though that you have to choose a different password and then have to change it back again :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I am glad to hear it is working for you guys.

3 Likes

It’s a faster way. Just swap over to NA server. The skins should be there. Equip one off them. And swap over to EU server and you should have them. It worked for me. So no need for password change. I had it on NA and Asia server but not EU but after i did this i had it on EU to.

This was a way, but was not necessarily successful for all users and sometimes the skins would disappear again later on. This bug was just weird like that.

Okey didn’t know that because i still have them. But it’s good to know if they disappears i know what to do :+1:

Yep, for the most part it did work for some players, but not all. Even then we are not sure if the password change works 100% but so far the results are promising.

Did work for me :+1:

EDIT:
I tested with friend that didn’t change the password, and it unlocked the skins and spray for him, so technically all you need to do is see the skin in game (or maybe it’s fixed already)

That was the case for me.
I could equip and play with it on American and Asian servers, but as soon as I switched back to EU, I would have the basic Tracer skin equipped and it was gone from the Hero Gallery :sweat_smile:

Do you have to reset your battlenet password or your ps4 account password?

I play on PC so I’m not sure about PS4

No. Just go to connections like he says in the opening post.

It helped for me, thx!

With a password reset, am I able to set it to the same password again?

Yup
I changed mine back to how it originally was

Unlinking and relinking your Blizzard BattleNet account to your PlayStation Network account should be the best option for PS4 players.

I changed my password but it didnt work for me.
Also unlike others the skins didnt show up on any other servers.
But i was watching on the OWL website and received a lot of tokens but not the skin or the spray.