If you stop playing mercy

Well it’s what happens when the balance team for our game is filled with incompetent people who don’t play their own game (or don’t play it well at the very least) and just stare at a stat sheet with pickrates and winrates on it, then buff and nerf based on that while ignoring all context within the game.

They are genuinely bad at their jobs. They have constant and MULTIPLE sources for feedback. Everyone saying the issues are damage boost, rez and her ability to pocket people.

So what do they do? They nerf GA and make it feel clunky, and then BUFF her healing… it’s idiotic.

Hell, they’re doing it with ball too. They just saw he wasn’t played much and proceeded to just launch buffs at him without taking in the context that even when he was weak, he almost never dies. He has some of the best survivability and buffing the rest of his kit WHILE he’s near impossible to kill consistently, he’ll be another raid boss just like hog, and just like orisa.

And what do they do? They BUFF his survivability, and then proceed to also give massive buffs to his slam and mines.

Idiotic.

5 Likes

I learned Sojourn, but they may brick her in the middle of the season for all I know. There is no reason to master a hero in this game.

Yeah, they’re ruining the feel of heroes. I can understand nerfing. Just lower DB and don’t do anything crazy, but they went nuts and gutted what’s fun about her. They keep doing that to heroes. I thought support was safe, since they kept on saying how they need more support players. The last Kiriko nerf caught me off guard and so did this one.

2 Likes

It’s still a very horrible nerf for them regardless if they stick by their hero or not.

I was upset for quite a while when Genji lost his triple jump, more so than any of his damage/deflect nerf.

Losing mobility hits different than simple damage/healing numbers nerf.

5 Likes

They did Genji dirty too. I don’t trust them with OW2. I’m thinking the game isn’t going to do well except for PVE now that I’ve seen all these bad decisions on heroes.

1 Like

No, stop lying, Mercy has been totally nerfed in S3, everything, absolutely everything about her sucks, totally dead.

5 Likes

I 100% agree with you. I believe that the latest changes are a huge buff to Mercy, but in any case…

1 Like

I will take your word for it blizzard please nerf genji fan dmg to .34.

Cool ill just play him and make every game a 4v5 and feed because i wont get kills and they will have to buff him once people complain about genji being a throw trash pick

Given genji popularity in accounting for more mirrors and 4v4.:joy:

I rarly see genjis in my game and when i do it because im killing them to much and they think if they go genji it will work still no lcue why people do that makes no sense

I see them often though currently it’s sojourn.

Also ya i never get people who swap to genji to counter genji, esp when it’s evident that one person is a.main and other is not happens with a few other heroes too widow pharah hanzo.

It’s mostly a ego thing and often get a reality check and a L for the team.

1 Like

If there are 1 million Mercy players, I am one of them.
If there are 1000 Mercy players, I am one of them.
If there is only one Mercy player left, I am that Mercy player. :fist: :pensive:

3 Likes

I am actually super good at the Genji mirror, I just suck at blade. So in reality it never mattered, but I always felt good killing them with Genji. No regerts.

1 Like

no worries i won’t stop and will always trying to become the best mercy on each match and help me team to victory cuz i need it for weekly lol

2 Likes

What is this supposed to be, “toxic relationship advice for Mercy mains”?

1 Like

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/no-true-scotsman

How do you know it’s ‘unfun’ when you haven’t even tried it out yet?

People crying over something they haven’t tried is not just pathetic but childish. People need to wait until they’ve tried it, THEN complain if it’s as bad as they make it out to be.

It’s like judging someone without hard evidence.

Okay and if you drop a hero because they are weak after being strong your not a main your a meta slave

You are absolutely correct. It is entirely possible that the increased delay between flights could actually be more fun somehow. I suppose I find out tomorrow.

4 Likes

I’m dropping her because I don’t like clunkiness.