If Widow Isn't OP Lend Me Some Help Then

I don’t see any gm widow that’s not smurfing/cheating having 30%+ scope accuracy so yes, u can win the stat game if u can kill her before she fire a 2nd shot.

Cuz u actually don’t need to pray, she missed your head 60%+ of the time, which means u don’t die when that happens.

Yes, that’s the issue. Statistically, you win, but in practice you will still die those other 30%. And that really really sucks. Dying for making the statistically correct play. This is what I mean with “pray she misses”. It’s a dice roll.

Do you honestly think devs are going to weaken snipers?

Cause I sure don’t, and I’ve got a pretty good sense of what the devs will do.

Oh almighty one! Please go tell the devs to not make this a game of hide and seek the whole time.

This whole game is a dice roll in matter of 1 player cannot controll what other 11 players do. It’s the nature of non-full-team play in a team competitive game. Plus, healers and tanks can’t even feel the statisical play in the first place most of the time, which is why not much people wanna play them.

Side note:

It’d be even lower, since those stats include the widow being comfortable and shooting everything w/o any pressure.

Far as I can tell, the devs only really pick up my ideas if they were headed that direction anyways, and were just looking for the implementation steps to get there.
GreyFalcon Topic Codex
So, you know those low win rate heroes which people say are OP? - #11 by GreyFalcon-11737

That said I don’t think they are going to nerf the heck out of 3-4 hitscan heroes.

Especially with how that would also require nerfing the heck out of Pharah and Echo.

And at the end of it, it wouldn’t really benefit queue times.

Especially since players who play precise aim heroes are more likely to just leave and go play Valorant instead.

1 player cannot control what other 11 players do. But when playing vs widow, 1 player cannot even control their own life reliably.

I mean, that’s basically the same for a lot of other dps if u understand what i mean, or rein charge, or a shatter, or a grav.

U can control it to an extent, because, since u do have a lucio icon, enemy movement hinders aim in this game more than others. A sheer aim character is countered best by direct counters, then immediately movement.

A random rein charge siphoning people into it is rn more likely than a stray widow bullet get into ones dome.

The Ashe power creep is insane and needs to be dialed back a bit. Felt like she got a buff every month. Mccree needs big changes to his fall off damage so he’s actually a mid ranger instead of 3 tapping from across the map. Widow needs 150hp and range nerf to grapple.

The problem is when snipers can easily contest at close and mid range. Doesn’t help that her mobility can easily get her to safety which would never happen in another shooter.

LOL? That’s not a counter. She’s keeping the other team suppressed where they can’t even come out and fight back.

No not really.

Again not really. Very few people will pick Mercy if there is a Widow on the other team. Also a half way good Widow will one tap that Ashe first.

She can get 2 120 damage body shots in on them faster killing them.

I’ve seen several times in higher ranks a Widow head shot a Winston, he turns and jumps at her then Widow gets the second head shot him while he’s mid air. Also Widow can be well out of their jump/booster range because she has zero damage fall off.

1 Like

Ask the devs to buff flankers and not listen to Supports who whine about it.

Increase the risk and skill, make the reward better.

I still think it would be good for the game if they turned natural shield HP into “anti-burst” the same way armor is “anti-chip”.

Ie, make it so that if you still have natural shield HP remaining, any damage you suffer can’t damage your white HP bar until your blue HP bar is depleted. Add a cooldown between “shield burst” so that you can’t just pocket a Zarya and make her immortal, and suddenly a shield-based team become a new counter to snipers.

I specify natural shield HP, so that Doomfist don’t become more untouchable than he already is. Ideally, they would re-code Lúcio ult and Doomfist shields to be “temporary HP” instead of “temporary Shield HP”, so that you can reintroduce a shield-based support that would be the go-to defense against sniper teams by applying temporary shields like Brigitte adds temporary armor.

Also, maybe add a damage threshold to the shield protection, so that people can’t laugh in the face of a Self-Destruct or RIP Tire just because they have shields.

The other option would be to nerf Widow HP down to 150, so that she becomes a proper glass cannon.

1 Like

i think you summed up how fps games truly are very neatly.
an elaborate hide and seek.

well done!

Shields and map cover. Break LOS with widow and she can’t really kill you.

I also enjoy how her ult gives her entire team a cheat ability folks pay for in other games. Knowing where the other team is for your entire team is absurdly strong and often overlooked.

“jUsT uSe CoVeR”

The best thing you can do about widow is pray that the player using her isnt good at her.

You’re definitely right that a lot of ultimates are similar. A rein charge, is not. It can be dodged.

usually if widowmaker is oppressive enough where she is hitting headshot after headshot is because no one is contesting her, an uncontested widow who can hit a high shot critical percentage is dangerous so if the team doesnt do something to counter and contest her they deserve the L

this can go for a number of heroes, a doomfist or tracer for example that harasses a team with that team not figuring out a counter usually loses

so basically widow is the same as most of the other dps if she was some god hero that is broken she would have a higher pickrate winrate in the higher ranks

You either use the map (walls/objects to block LOS), mobility to dodge her shots, play a ranged hero that can compete with her, use your tanks barrier if you have one, or use the space your team creates to push.

Widow can’t do much vs. double shield or a coordinated brawl comp. Just put barriers in her way or play as a group, she can’t stop you. Dive is possible too, but you have to be very coordinated for that.