If these PTR changes go through I'm never playing tank again

im not a fan of this either…blizzard is so desperate to break up a comp in OWL they’ve just destroyed an entire class.

just put in a hero ban JUST FOR OWL and be done with it.

OWL is already fairly disconnected from rest of the game. Making some heroes not available there will make gap between average players and OWL even bigger.

I actually agree as a Dva main, but they need to scale up her armor to compensate or she can no longer participate in 1v1s…autoloss vs hanzo now.

nerfing tanks across the board will destroy goats, it will also wreck ladder. I’m definitely not playing dva with these nerfs, but I will just play zarya/roadhog for a couple seasons I guess

All they did is balance armor and nerfed D.va a tiny bit, so tiny it’s almost unnoticable. It’s not like there were two characters who were sledgehammered and the community went defending them, despite their core elements were about to get butchered.

No wait, that never happened. Oh well.

Time to learn Orisa, Hog and careful positioning, don’t you think?

1 Like

Have fun being a career tank, I just changed jobs.

“Tiny bit”

That plus reaper becoming immune to dva and every spray character like sombra, soldier, tracer etc. dealing 10-30% more damage to dva who relied on her 200 armor to mitigate any damage cuz her massive critbox was a liability.

Just a teensy tiny nerf.

Lol orisa. Half of her hp is armor, she was already weak against burst damage because of her big head and smaller hp amount, now spray will chew through her instantly as well. Characters like sombra and tracer have a field day with orisa. Let’s not even talk about reaper.

4 Likes

Hanzo should never have been given Storm Arrows in the first place. It’s like they did a focus group with a bunch of Hanzo players and asked “what don’t you like?”

“Well I don’t like how long it takes to draw back my arrows for speed and power.”
“And I don’t like being slowed while shooting!”
“Yeah! And we should be able to shoot a bunch of arrows really fast!”
“And we should still be able to get headshots!”

Even the most casual Hanzo player can use Storm Arrows to do massive damage; it’s a pure spam ability that doesn’t belong on a sniper class. Why it has been left in the game allowing Hanzo to outclass most other DPS, only Blizzard can know.

3 Likes

Without Dva, goats is heavily vulnerable to Ana (antiheal), Pharah, Ashe (dynamite), Torb (Molten Core) and Junkrat.

1 Like

Is this the balance patch that they promised?

The point is, some heroes need their armor. It’s only OP because Brig gives it out like candy. Right now they’re buffing reaper, and nerfing armor, while also nerfing D.va and Brig. I’m struggling to think which tank is going to be playable after this.

4 Likes

Do you mean, a tankless task? i’ll go now…

2 Likes

no, nerfing dva matrix startup time means it cannot be used to tap and block shots in between projectile spam. this means dva will no longer be able to take fights vs hanzo, pharah, widow, etc, unless the enemy can’t aim.

Before, I could take down hanzo players even if I had less than full hp by calling their shots and blocking them and so only taking about 1-2 shots before killing them.

Now, I can only really use matrix on the way in, if i stop using it, he gets to shoot in between during the lag. Sounds balanced from hanzo’s perspective, but the reality is that tanks have little way to carry short of catching people out with no heals or doing focus fire with their team. This nerf is just one more step towards tanks being irrelevant unless the dps on their team is doing well, and one more step to more stomps.

overwatch continues down the path of

1. Side with no main healer first likely to lose short of ults
  2. if tanks are left up with main healer and dps dead for whatever reason, autoloss.

Meanwhile, if dps have their tank players get cut early…they can still carry. if dps have no main heal cause their ana exploded…no problem.

This game continues to become dps-centric. The solution to goats isn’t weakening tanks across the board when we already hvae a shortage of main tank players due to the low damage on main tanks compared to offtank/DPS.

What we need is a set meta, so that each team cannot boost their team’s strength by playing 3 tanks + 3 healer and having too much hp to chew through without an ana grenade

5 Likes

I don’t think tanks in general will be in a bad spot. I think the larger problem is those of us who play tanks and have seen the overall changes in the game are sick and tired of Blizzard catering to

1. Damage Dealers (See last 4 patch cycles)
  2. “Pro” players

The tanks did not need nerfs and most of us tank players will simply refuse selecting a tank anymore.

1 Like

I used to flex freely between roles but then they started nerfing supports across the board (except Ana who got much needed buffs) so I stopped playing support.

With these idiotic tank nerfs, I think I’m going to insta-lock DPS from now on if I even continue to play.

EDIT: Uninstalled. I’m free of this game Blizzard has turned into garbage.

1 Like

Being too versatile is a form of OP. So you’re very, very wrong.

1 Like

All of them will be playable, because tanks are a very necessary part of basically every comp ever. Orisa might suffer since her small hp pool and fortify rely on armor, but D.Va is too ubiquitous to be gone and the other tanks will be OK. Reinhardt’s barrier is as durable as before, Winston is still fine, Hammond has like 1000 hp that isn’t armor, Zarya will actually be slightly stronger, and overall people still will need tanks to make space.

Oh, I won’t be logging in at all. I just got Smash and Super Mario Odyssey. I’m fine to wait out a couple of patches until they’ve got this sorted out.

Still means anybody who sticks around will have to find somebody else to tank for them though

1 Like

Pickrate doesn’t constitute a broken or OP hero

Orisa is absolutely getting destroyed by this ,yeah she deals more damage but half of her health is armor.

Burst damage basically ignores armor anyway, I never understood why other heroes like soldier needed such a large handicap. Now some heroes are better at damaging Orisa, but it’s still not as bad as Hanzo. Besides, the barrier does the tanking for Orisa, so this nerf is pretty situational.

The real issue is that Orisa isn’t up to snuff regardless. She’s too exploitable and isn’t enough of a threat.