If these PTR changes go through I'm never playing tank again

Tanking is a thankless task, and now thanks to Blizzards complete unwillingness to admit their mistake, and just remove Brig, the entire tank line up has to get a nerf to break the comp that Brig created?

Goats is barely even being ran on ladder, but every tank player in the entire game has to suffer because you designed maybe the worst character in the history of multiplayer, and refuse to own up to your mistake? This is a ridiculous PTR update and you have completely lost the plot.

186 Likes

Yes, you’re right, they should’ve just let D.Va continue having 90+% pickrate for few more months.

67 Likes

She has a high pick rate in OWL, in ladder, the actual game we all play, her pick rate for an off tank is balanced based on the number of tanks in the game.

78 Likes

The game is not balanced around ladder.

8 Likes

Her pickrate is way less than that on the ladder and Zarya is stronger there. But apparently Blizzard only cares about the pros these days

39 Likes

dva is absolutely stacked with god tier abilities. hope more nerfs come in.

16 Likes

90% pickrate? Where? What I see are two mandatory heroes called Ana and Reinhardt. Blizzard balancing around e-sports players, who represent the 0,01% of the players, make me wish for the death of OWL.

49 Likes

Yeah that’s why they nerfed Doomfist who wasn’t very popular in the pro scene

14 Likes

I cry for you.

While you deleted the DPS category.

I feel no sympathy, only vindication.

8 Likes

Pro-Tournaments pickrates

He got nerfed on the grounds that he was hard to deal with in a solo queue environment. The fact that he wasn’t played much in pro-games only made that change easier. But that’s different from keeping an overpowered character overpowered because they’re fine on ladder.

1 Like

Good… Maybe GOATS will die…

3 Likes

I’m with those that aren’t touching tanks anymore. There’s only so much crap I’m willing to put up with (including being a sole tank), but this is it. I’m just done with the category outside of Roadhog and Zarya.

Time to polish my sniping skills!

19 Likes

Tbh same . And I gave up a while ago and this seems like I called it just in time.

2 Likes

Damage heroes make up roughly 1 third of the heroes being played on ladder though. Go add up the percentages on Overbuff, they have 400000 odd accounts on there so it’s almost certainly very accurate to within 1%, and DPS make up a third of the heroes played. DPS have only disappeared from the pro scene, and that is 100% the fault of Goats comp, which was caused by Brig, not the tanks.

14 Likes

I already gave up on playing tanks because I didn’t want to be forced to play Reinhardt. Now that every tank that uses armor is getting nerfed, Reinhardt’s shield will be even more useful at keeping him above the other tanks.

19 Likes

Maybe rein should be nerfed instead, he have higher pickrate and winrate.

6 Likes

He was indirectly nerfed

The armor change hurts him

The armor change hurt most tanks. Rein is the least affected because he still have his shield.

4 Likes

lmao no she isn’t

her abilities are strong, for sure, but she’s got one of the largest hurt boxes in the game with one of the biggest crit boxes as well as being the easiest character to stagger.

IMO this nerf was unnecessary. She’s only strong right now bc she does what literally every other tank can’t: fit in any comp.

That doesn’t make her busted and it doesn’t warrant a nerf, it just means she’s an all around useful character. Rein and Zarya can only do well in brawler comps and GOATs. Orisa and Hog are situational. Winston hasn’t been meta since Brigitte and Wrecking Ball is easily the worst tank right now due to him being extremely difficult to grasp and super punishable for screwing up even a little bit.

Regardless, these changes aren’t gonna kill GOATs imo. As long as Brigitte can keep her heals up, keep stunning, and keep providing armor effortlessly, GOATs will keep working unless they gut every other tank and healer involved.

Blizz is going about this horribly wrong in every way.

Give Reaper a reliable in + out and give him armor busting. Literally no idea why they have Shadow Step still in his kit when it’s the most useless ability in the game rn.

The balance team clearly isn’t looking into things deep enough and they certainly aren’t thinking about plausible solutions outside of gutting Brigitte and nerfing tanks.

We could certainly use a LOT more anti-CC and at least one standard ability that counters armor.

21 Likes