I think Hanzo is going back to F-tier

I’m not saying he’s insanely OP. I’m saying he has too much and it’s not fair to the other dps. Maybe they can help Mccree out a little more with armor piercing bullets. Idk.

Hanzo was over tuned and certainly will get a massive nerf after half a year or so. Just like they did with Mercy. Trying to get ahead of the nerfs by rationalizing it before public opinion is swayed by some streamer or a Unit Lost video looks all too familiar to me.

Hanzo might not be the best ladder dps anymore = f tier.

Comparing ladder, especially the lower ranks, to OWL meta is pointless. Ladder is all rein and zarya because it is easy to run and combo, in OWL they are the 2 least played tanks, orisa, dva, and hog are all very common there. Hanzo is strong and can easily combo with the meta on ladder, in pro play he is still one of the most picked dps, but they are not constantly running grav.

At your rank, you fully well know that Hanzo isn’t spamming shots until he gets a lucky headshot! If he was, he would of never got to your rank.

Storm arrow, yes is a very spammy ability but it is also the ability with the highest skill ceiling in the game and is very counterable.

Its not like Scatter that was an instant 1-shot or do nothing, its 210dps for 2 seconds. Shields counter it! if they don’t then Soldier is god like because he has a constant 190dps against shields as his priamry.

Hanzo is still well-off against dive. If you dive him with CD, he can jump+lunge for distance which puts him in almost sure-fire range for dueling with storm arrows.

Dive tanks can be harshly punished like that for their very imited range, barring Hammond potentially. Also Genji can then close the gap again with deflect and RMB+melee at point blank range for a decent chance at kill.

He’s the highest picked dps from gold to GM, and his winrate in GM is only slightly lower than the higher dps (we’re just gonna ignore Torb’s 58.15% winrate cos his pickrate is 0.25% okay?) who have much, much lower pickrates. The only higher winrate dps with a comparable pickrate is maybe Doomfist, but Hanzo still has almost 3x his pickrate.

Funnily enough, when heroes have huge pickrates their winrate often aren’t as high cos you have one of those heroes on each team, and each team can’t both win.

Basically, he could do with a nerf or two, and a 1 second extra cooldown on a jump is a slap on the wrist more than anything.

1 Like

Pretty much every single one of the ptr balance changes are great, actually excited for the class balance with the ptr stuff from a couple weeks ago, and all the changes today.

There are people who wants the dev to do exactly that.

Hard not to when hanzo is the only dps lmao.

Lets give Winston for example that apparently is utterly destroyed by new Hanzo.

Before the rework Hanzo had a fair chance of straight up winning that engagement. If Hanzo landed the scatter, he won.

Now, Winston jumps, Hanzo lunges out of range… Now you got a 600hp barrier to deal with before even touching the Winston.
So unless your team breaks that shield very quickly, this engagement is more of a stalemate not that a 50/50 toss up who will win.

Yeah scatter was never a problem. People just hate skill. And that’s why they are complaining about tracer , genji , widow and now hanzo.

To be fair, yes he does need that lunge. Also it makes him for me at least allot more fun to play.

And Hanzo will be fine

Then that Winston has expended both his jump and his barrier for no value.

Hanzo can’t easily punish Winston right away if he doesn’t exit his bubble, but if he doesn’t, the fight is now 6v5 as he’s dry out of position and no range, assuming the Hanzo he dived on was properly positioned.

Better than being dead though right, which was old Hanzo!

Also would like to add, if Hanzo tries to shoot Winston after he uses his lunge using his primary, Winston will catch up to you because of the decreae movement speed!

Maybe thats a good way of balancing Storm :sweat_smile:
Just make it so it slows movement speed like his primary.

Which is pretty dumb, i thought people wanted variety, more viable heroes, means more ways to play this game, owl strat is varied now, it’s not just dive over and over. Heck, the strat will even more varied in low to mid level game. Some people in this forum are pretty narrow minded sometimes

Yes it’s certainly better for Hanzo than before, which is not a bad thing. The old Hanzo could hardly win against Winston even with scatter if he dropped the bubble before landing.

I was trying to argue Hanzo will still be fine as storm arrows combined with lunge make him a threatening duelist to most.

Though I will admit that Winston forcing Hanzo to reposition can be a net gain for Winston if denying that area is vital and Hanzo can’t reposition to another location of value.

Winston was significantly easier to kill with scatter than with this iteration of storm arrows. Body shot midair scatter off the bounce; two shot every time.

This is why the forums aren’t taken seriously, you guys deny what the game devs say in order to feed your WRONG arguments.

Genji/Hanzo are the most boring AF characters, backstory and playstyle.

I don’t think that’s 100% true.

He’ll more than likely end up in C-tier instead.

He still has his enhanced mobility and Storm Arrow will still be generally pretty useful in a pinch.

Hanzo is meant to supplement as a sniper who can advance with the team but it should not be ALL he can do.