I think Hanzo is going back to F-tier

Hanzo’s winrate, damage and eliminations are all in-line with the other dps, the only statistic that suggests that Hanzo is OP is his pickrate.

This is reflected in OWL where he is far from a must pick and Widow is picked far more often than him. If the pro’s don’t consider him a must pick, then surely a lot of what you read on the forums in massive hyperbole.

I feel like the next patch will utterly destroy Hanzo!
He is getting a 2 seconds CD nerf on his Storm arrows and a 1 second duration time to the ability itself.
He is also getting a 1 second nerf to his lunge ability and his ult can no longer be damaged boosted.

Along with this Graviton itself is getting nerfed from 8m to 6m and Lucio’s ult is now also capable of negating the gravstrike combo.

Furthermore, all the heroes that you would consider to pick over Hanzo are getting buffed as well. Don’t be mistaken the damage fall-off buff will be a massive deal especially for McCree.

Finally we are very likely to be going into a dive meta, along with Hammond which also utterly destroys Hanzo.

I feel like Blizzard is nerfing everything that made this meta strong! If this meta represented Hanzo’s max strength and the stats already show that in terms of damage, eliminations and winrate, he is in-line with the other dps. I feel like the next patch is going to utterly destroy him.

Prove me wrong!

p.s. I welcome anyone to bump this thread after the next patch, to shove it in my face how wrong I was, However I will do the same to you if I’m right :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

im fine with hanzo going to f-tier

40 Likes

im fine with hanzo going to f-tier x2

5 Likes

Hanzo still has the ‘6 fully charged Widow shots’ ability to melt down dive tanks. He is going to be just fine.

11 Likes

If he does though, doesn’t that prove that the community is just full of sh#t when it comes to balancing then?

If a 2 second CD nerf and a 1 second lunge nerf, makes him go from ‘insanely OP’ to F tier. Well :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

People have been asking devs to get him out of the f tier for so long, i don’t want him to go back to f tier ever again

3 Likes

I’d a like a G tier just for him

He would be if that’s what he had but it’s nowhere near that.

1 Like

Well he wont need further nerf. But he is still strong

I don’t think F tier. I’m going to guess he’ll either be a high B tier pick for DPS flex in Dive, or he’ll be D tier. One or the other. But not F tier

im fine with hanzo going to z-tier

but seriously, he’ll be fine

2 Likes

To be honest, he really didn’t need that Lunge to begin with. Storm Arrow itself is fine with just a 70 damage per arrow, but adding that thing with a 4 sec cooldown on Lunge that can be used in the air while McCree has a ground based version of that on 8 sec cooldown?

Yeah, he definitely needed that nerf on the Lunge. He’s definitely not going to be F-Tier. D.VA still can’t attack him properly even with a 2 sec reduction on Storm Arrow thanks to DM only able to block for 2 seconds and Winston is scared out of his wits against that thing. It’s just now he won’t be completely overshadowing McCree’s intended role.

3 Likes

he won’t be going to F-tier, sweetie :man_shrugging: nice try tho

1 Like

I hope it doesn’t over nerf him, but I don’t think that is the case.

Hanzo right now is probably the strongest hero in the game. I havent seen the latest pickrates in OWL, but from the few games I have watched he has dominated consistently along with Widow. He definitely needs some serious nerfing

1 Like

He’s god tier right now, he’s the meta and its formed around him.

2 seconds added to his Storm Arrows cooldown and 1 measly second added to lunge isn’t going to send him to F-tier.

2 Likes

I hate hanzo but im not fine with any hero going to F tier

This is the blizzard way.of balancing things

Buff something to a point its good

OverNerf it to the ground

Buff it again

Overnerf.it

And so on as the hero gets weakened more and more each time

Im fine with hanzo on the Z tear he is a camcer to the meta

Okay as a Hanzo main, I don’t think he’ll be F-tier. I think he’ll finally be in line completely. He was close after the first change after his rework, but there were a few things that always felt off to me.

First being the number of times Storm arrow occurred. It happened way too often in my opinion and the 2 second addition to his CD is something I really wanted. Also the second added to his lunge puts it in line with other movement abilities (Leap, Fade, Boosters)

As for how he works with Zarya, that’s not going to change too much. Dragonball is still going to be the best grav combo. Even with the Lucio changes, I don’t think that will change much. Trans will still be a better way to deal with dragons, the shields added to him will basically give the same effect. The shields are 750 and decaying the second they are up, add that on top of 300 dmg/s and they’ll melt pretty easily.

I think these are all changes that needed to be made, he will be fine, still have his place and won’t be overshadowed, nor will he be the one overshadowing.

3 Likes

F Tier? How about Shimada Tier?
But seriously. He still will retain his fast projectiles, good Hanzos will be able to melt anyone using Storm Arrows and Grav Dragon will have more than Zenny counter. He will be in good spot. Not best but not bad either.

1 Like