I think Hanzo is going back to F-tier

What I am argueing is that he isn’t god tier and that is forum hyperbole!

Overbuff statistics and even OWL support this statement!

If he was what you just said then he would be an automatic must pick but he isn’t! In fact he is very far from this, with the Hanzo actually being one of the heroes switched the most.

2 Likes

I hate Hanzo, i hate Hanzo with 50% of my forces (the other 50% is for Junkrat), it would be tempted in deleting him if given the chance. And i can’t believe what i’m writing, but he doesn’t deserve it. For the Hanzo players, they don’t deserve to be seen as throwers or trolls for playing him. No one deserves that, not even st*id fucing Junkrat.

I don’t think he will return to f tier, but i wouldn’t oppose if he needed some buffs if he does end up being f tier.

1 Like

If he was what you just said then he would be an automatic must pick but he isn’t! In fact he is very far from this, with the Hanzo actually being one of the heroes switched the most.

Overbuff statistics and even OWL support this statement!

From Gold and above he’s the highest picked damage hero and his ratio get higher and higher through the tiers. Because with good aim, there’s no reason to pick another damage hero unless someone else chose Hanzo first.

And secondly win rate means nothing, since both teams usually has a Hanzo and one team has to lose, hence a near 50% win rate.

After these nerfs, yes or no… is Hanzo a worse pick than McCree & Soldier?

I’d say no.

He will be pretty on par with what he ok.

Right now hes meta defining obnoxious.

This is only true for mirror matching. Hanzo’s pickrate peaks around 9% in GM and is around 5% overall (even pre-private profiles), so mirror matching probably isn’t all that common. You should only see the effects of mirror matching really start to take hold as you push 12%+ pickrate, and even then it may not be immediately obvious

True win-rate isn’t particulary useful but damage and eliminations are very important statistics!

If his eliminations and damage on in-line with the other dps in this meta where he gets constant gravstrikes for massive team kills and damage.

What will happen in a meta where that no longer happens? A meta that is literally the worse one possible for Hanzo, a dive meta…

Do you think these stats will drop below average?? :thinking:

If you want to bring up OWL, NYXL, the literal best team in the world and number one seed in the playoffs just got crushed by the last place seed because they didn’t run Hanzo. You’re delusional if you think Hanzo isn’t overpowered in his current state.

If that was true and they got destroyed solely because they didn’t run a Hanzo, then Hanzo would be a must pick!

These guys are pro’s, it is there job to find the optimum comp for the highest chance of success. If a lot of teams are deciding that its not worth running Hanzo a lot of the time, doesn’t that speak miles for his balance???

So you think two seconds added to Storm Arrows and 1 second added to lunge is going to make him F-tier?

He’s the highest picked damage hero Gold and above and he defines the meta. It’s a boring two sniper meta with Graviton and it makes for terrible gameplay.

Any metas that can work besides the current one is more than welcome. Hanzo will still be god-tier with anyone that has decent aim, don’t worry.

Don’t think Lucio will do better surviving from gravestrike combo. He has difficulty casting his ult and the buff doesn’t make it better.

Why should I use sound barrier when Zen can survive more consistently.

Wow, that’s probably the silliest thing I’ve heard.

“Hanzo is balanced because the losing teams didn’t choose one.”

1 Like

This is NYs first game in the playoffs, they haven’t had a chance to adjust but after today’s match them not running Hanzo was clearly the issue. A similar thing happened with another team with London also getting crushed their first match then adjusting after and winning 6 matches in a row to win the series. Even if they are professional you can’t expect them to do a complete overhaul of their strats and comp in the middle of a series.

No not at all :sweat_smile:

I think they are quite small nerfs tbh

What I do think is that Hanzo is actually a lot weaker than what most people think. Yes he is very strong but not insanely OP like a lot of the community would like you to think.

The reason I think that Hanzo might go back to f-tier is because everything that made this meta strong is getting nerfed, Hanzo himself is getting nerfed and other heroes that are potential replacements for Hanzo are all getting buffed. Finally we are also likely going into a dive meta because of Hammond, which on its own would destroy Hanzo’s pickrate.

I might have missed the patch note where Storm Arrow got its damage buffed to 150 per arrow.

1 Like

Respect Widow players a lot more than Hanzo players. Hanzo has no drawbacks and his projectile hitbox is too large at long range.

I get triggered whenever someone says Hanzo’s projectiles are too large! It’s like when players say that he is practically hit-scan now.

They are literally tiny, smallest projectile in the game! They look large on training bots yes but go into an Ana headshot training match and test it for yourself, they are not much bigger than hit-scan weapons!

Also for the people that say that Hanzo is like hit-scan now, no!

They are still slower and smaller than a Mei icicle, is that hit-scan?!?!?!
They are in fact the same speed as Ana’s unscoped shots and I’m pretty sure the Ana players will tell you that they are not bloody hitscan.

2 Likes

It’s not, you can watch the comparison’s on youtube or do it yourself. I could see if they changed it to a body shot at long range instead of a headshot then he might be more balanced, but at the moment he definitely isn’t balanced.

The reason people claim he’s like a hit scan is because his storm arrow. The only reason you’re defending him is because you play him often, but the reality is, he has too much compared to the other dps. Imagine if mccree could 1 hit people like hanzo can. What’s also weird is that his arrow stays drawn back after climbing a wall. Both hands are on the wall as he climbs, but he’s capable of pre “charging” his arrow. Where’s his 2 extra arms holding that arrow in place? I didn’t know he was using a crossbow.

Yer but the statistics don’t show that…

I know I am biased because I play him buttt that still doesn’t address that fact that his eliminations and damage are in-line with the other dps.

If you can explain to me why this is the case and why it still makes him ‘insanely OP’ as a lot of the forum likes to put it, I am all ears.

Idk what statistics you’re looking at. Pick rate? I think people use the word loosely without factoring all the numbers and physics of the game, which would be insanely hard to do.

I’ll keep it short, “good”. This was the most annoying and stale meta I’ve ever played. People whines about Brig being OP the entire season but conveniently we’re just fine with a “sniper” having the mobility of a standard DPS… on top of being able to just spam until he got a lucky headshot. Adding onto that, storm arrow.

I won’t be missing him if he does go to F Tier.

2 Likes