I don't understand the Mercy logic

Good for you, glad you still enjoy her. I disagree.

1 Like

Did you mean to reply to someone else?

Possibly, I hit the reply button on my thing and it brought me to your comment so I assumed that you had replied to me. It could have been wrong though, no worries either way.

I meant this:

I can state it, and I do state it

The constant in this game is change.

The only reasonable responses to a change to a favored character is to adapt your play to the changed character, identify a new character one deems more suitable and play that instead, or find another game

It is quite clear that characters can and will change over time in this game. Refusing to accept that isn’t imo a reasonable reaction.

This isn’t an either/or.

You can both adapt to change with your favorite character AND want that character to receive better changes in the future.

4 Likes

Not going to lie, despite Mercy’s “low” healing output. I prefer her vastly over Moira. Her heals are consistent and reliable, and her survivability feels much higher in general. She also provides amazing utility in the form of damage boost and Rez.

I personally, love having a Mercy on my team.

1 Like

Factor in reload and monkey doesn’t out damage her.

I like to play her and I main Genji/Ana. The super jump REALLY adds a lot to her gameplay and I’m glad I learned to do it. Launching myself out of a Mei ult or earthshatter feels so cool. I bound crouch to caps lock so I can just press shift/caps at the same time with her and perform the jump easily

1 Like

In a game where change is constant, one should expect it

Sure, and that goes for a character to receive better changes as well.

As I said, there is no either/or.

1 Like

Weak, maybe, but there is a large number of people on the forum who believe Mercy requires you to be quadruple digit IQ to play her.

Uhm, let’s see :
In higher ranks her pickrate is between 1 and 2% (spoiler Alert, it’s not good)
Her winrate is high just like Orisa, Reaper, or Torb so I guess that means they’re all fine ?
Her average healing is below both Moira and Ana but you are not talking about the fact that Mercy has no burst heal whatsoever meaning her constant heal should be higher to compensate.

Instead of saying why Mercy still has a lot of issues, I’ll just answer that:

Why are they buffing Wrecking Ball? Higher pickrate/winrate
Why Changing McCree ? Higher Pickrate
Why Change Reaper?
Why Change Mei ?

We could go on.

Look at why Mercy is picked.
As an Off-heal to babysit. Nothing else.
Maybe because she isn’t really supposed to do that? Her kit isn’t designed to be an Off-Heal.

Even in Dive comps she isn’t a Main Heal anymore. She’s just an Off-Heal filling the spot of Main heal just like Zen does when you’re playing Zen/Lucio.

So no she’s not really good right now and even if it were Dive, her pickrate would be sooo much higher but that wouldn’t mean that she is fine. Sha has many core issues that makes her problematic and stats can’t show that.

4 Likes

I know you love facts so I’ll give you it straight from the horses mouth

It was frustrating to play against

See: September 19th Patch notes on the old forums

And yes, the above is an opinion. Something is not objectively frustrating.

1 Like

Okay, know what. I’m tired of counter-arguing. Tell me EXACTLY how Mercy is as good as any healer’s.
Rez: How many times a game can you actually complete it? Sure, behind walls its easy, but if your teammates die there frequently it means you’re losing the game or your healing isn’t helping. And on the battlefield, you can get booped, head shot, or just cassually killed. You are completely vulnerable to any damage unless you have a shield tank, in which case, could easily die of flankers during the process.
Healing: Sure, I get gold healing, you get gold healing, but it doesn’t mean it’s enough. There’s no control, no way to keep your team alive in a fight but to hope they won’t take damage while you’re healing them one at a time 50 hps.
Valkarie: In what way is it not spectator mode? You look above/next to your team as you hold right click and left click. You can guardian angel and rez once in a while but then you risk losing your ultimate as it is the only way to heal 60 hps again. There isn’t too much interaction. Maybe you used it to support your Gengi while he’s ulting. Maybe to heal two different teammates that are far away from each other. Either way it doesn’t have much impact. Want more arguement on my side? Compare it to sound barrier or Transcendence. Those are strong ultimates on the support side. Now look at Mercy’s.
Guardian angel: The thing I love Mercy for. Her flight and mobility. Look, we’re arguing but we’re really on the same side. We both want Mercy to be her best and balanced Mercy. You believe she’s good now, I believe she needs changes. But I think the only way to get anywhere with this argument is by telling you where I come from: I just want to feel the way you arguably feel with Mercy. I just want her to be fun for all.

Wait, are you saying I don’t get gold healing? You think I’m plainly basing this off my experience? No!! Sure, some of it is based on my gameplay, but that’s uneducated. Know those videos on youtube, the Overwatch “gods”? I watched different “Mercy gods” play and, they may have got gold healing, but their teams died frequently. Unlike with other supports.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/53134784/why-not-both.jpg

The only difference between the standards of “fun” for current Mercy players vs unhappy old players is that the old players want more options on how to play Mercy in addition to what she already has.

It’s like asking a divided crowd on what condiments should be stocked in the fridge: one party like their hot dog plain, while the other likes mustard and relish on their hot dog.

It would cost the ‘plain hot dog lover’ nothing to stock the fridge with condiments that they never plan on using, and are under no obligation to use. The condiment lover on the other hand, would be satisfied.

3 Likes

So they want options, like for example a way to use the rez power without a slowdown on a living target for some other beneficial effect?

Options like Mercy’s main beam does 80 and smaller beams do 40 during valk, something literally anything at this point.

1 Like

:slight_smile:

That sounds familiar :slight_smile: