How would you rework your main?

Laughs in Mercy

Characters

Oh, you reminded me of before Doomfist was officially announced as a hero - I was really hoping he’d be a jovial tank/support. One of those leaders that seem to have built their army on charisma alone but also probably has a sadistic side beneath that constant grin.

Now, I would love to see the original Doomfist Adhabu Ngumi, The Savior, come back. He was considered a hero during the Omnic Crisis so assuming he isn’t really dead (like every other “dead” hero), I think it would be cool to see him return in a new form after seeing his title tarnished all these years as a support or tank!

1 Like

If he’s as like-able as the current Doomfist, who in my opinion is very like-able, then I’d probably main him when Tanking as well. Throw my kit on him and we’ve got a deal made in Heaven!

2 Likes

I used to main Sym before they ruined her. I’d revert her to 2.0.

Revert Brig to 1.9(right before 222). That’s all.

Mercy:

(Summary) Mercy’s ultimate and E ability are swapped around, and she receives a new single-target healing/cc cleanse ability on her staff’s reload key.

Resurrect becomes Mercy’s ultimate again… however.

Instead of the “mass rez” type ult Mercy has had in the past, the new rez ultimate would have a much smaller range that’s geared towards 1-3 man tempo rezzes.

It would be sort of like a reverse verion of Tracer’s pulse bomb - which is a short-range AoE explosion, but it rarely gets more than 1 or 2 people because of it’s limited range.

Valkyrie become’s Mercy’s E ability.

As a cooldown, it’s duration is much shorter. For the sake of balancing, it also doesn’t come with a long list of passive self-buffs like the ultimate version does (e.g. buffs to Mercy’s beam range, guardian angel range/speed, permaregen).

To balance out having flight on a cooldown, Valkyrie is also converted from a transformation effect to a channeled ability… meaning that Mercy can’t use Resurrect or Guardian Angel while she’s in Valkyrie Mode. It’s a “full commitment” ability.

Getting stunned or slept will force Mercy out of Valk.

Mercy gets a new healing ability, located on her reload key when she has her staff equipped.

The new ability is a single-target heal + cc cleanse that clears negative status effects.

Mercy aims it the same way she does her beams or guardian angel.

Misc/quality of life changes:

Mercy’s pistol gets a separate aim sensitivity slider from her staff

Weapon swap speed is sped up

Guardian Angel’s targeting options ("Guardian Angel prefers beam target: on/off) get a “contextual” option that’s a hybrid between the two options we have now.

With “contextual” GA targeting on: If Mercy is targeting an ally, she can fly to them without breaking her beam. If Mercy has no target in her crosshairs, using Guardian Angel will pull her to her beam target by default.

Mercy can see enemy healthbars when they’ve taken damage from attacks that she’s damage boosted.

(This should help Mercy’s effectiveness as a shotcaller)

When Mercy connects her damage boosting beam to an ally, it also boosts any projectiles the ally already has in midair.

E.g, Damage boosting a Reinhardt immediately after seeing him launch a firestrike; will damage boost that same firestrike.

This also applies to rockets, grenades, and any other projectile with a long enough travel time that Mercy can damage boost the hero who fired it before it lands.

When Mercy uses her glide, it maintains altitude for a second before decaying into her regular glide. Mercy must touch the ground to reset this effect.

(This allows Mercy some (horizontal) independent mobility, so she can reach more areas on her own)

That’s pretty much how.

1 Like

Sombra

Hack
LoS checks reverted
Cast time increased to 0.75sec (maybe 0.8-0.85)

Stealth
Speedboost increased to 75%
Can now contest points
Duration now is 10sec instead of infinite

All I wanted
Semi reverts

Revert Sym’s double barrier nerfs, that is all I want.

I like her the way she is

:smiley: she can apparently team kill just by blinking at the enemy

Sym:

Either a ‘‘2.5’’ Revert which could be old beam, old orbs bug faster, flying deploy but with old sentries, personal photon shield but can keep it on hold for 1-2s, old ults.

OR

Health points: Now 150, for total of 250hp (100 health, 150 shields).

Primary: lock on but deals only 10 or 20 dmg per second. In exchange, at level 1 it reduces mobility effectiveness by 33%, and adds another 33% every level, ending up with a lock-on beam that fully disables all and only mobility passives and actives, but deals very little damage and makes Sym dependant on aiming melee range orbs to kill.

Secondary: 2.0 orbs, and deal more damage.

1st ability -> Sentries: 6, Flying deploy, individual slow is nerfed but it stacks way better.

2nd ability -> Photon Barrier. Nerfed size, but can be hold in place in front of Sym upon deployment for 1 - 3 seconds. After 3s, it auto launches towards whatever direction she is facing, or she can double tap to launch inmediately.

Ult -> Hardlight Constructs: Sym has, instead of a single ultimate ability, several contructs that use X amounts of ult charge, and the construct’s impact is determined by hwo much charge they need.

Basically, her ult charge becomes a resource meter, and she can either save for a normal power level ult or keep using lower % meter constructs that are less powerful but can be used more often.

• Personal (no team, no constructs) ‘‘3.0’’ TP -> 25% of the meter.
  • ‘‘3.0’’ Photon Barrier, greatly reduced in size, with medium nerfs to duration and HP (no longer infinite in size, but still very large, about double or triple that of Rein’s barrier) -> 50% of the meter.
  • Pluri-Sentry Core: Sym launches a slow moving but indestructible cluster of 6 sentries that travels a set distance and deals damage while moving and where it ends. How much distance it travels and how much time it lasts are inversely proportional, so the total duration is the same, 10s (if you throw it in an open space it will keep going in a straight line, if you throw it against a wall it will stop right there). -> 50% of the meter.
  • 2.0 TP/SG -> 100% of the meter.

McCree rework his ult to be kill clip 6 bullet mag 30-50% bonus damage

Brigitte

250hp shield to match her healthpool amount
Faster shield deploy animation
Speed penalty while shieldwalking removed
Ult cost reduced 10%
Self heal from inspire increased from 10hp/s to 12 (same as Lucio)
Overheal from repair kits only gives 50 extra HP, no longer 50 armor
Repair Kit charges increased to 4. Heal per sec reduced from 55 to 50

That’s it. Remove armor from her non-ult kit, slightly reduce heals per sec, and give her some survivability buffs

I don’t have a main anymore. Blizzard nerfed him so badly I can’t play him anymore.

Junkrat

At a minimum…

• Revert all grenade changes.
  • Increase ultimate charge required to use rip tire by 30%.

Alternative Junkrat

• Grenade bounce physics reset to defaults.
  • Grenade explosion damage increased from 80 to 125.
  • Grenade impact damage changed from 50 to 0 to 50.
    • Impact damage is linear and based on grenade velocity.
    • Impact damage = velocity * 3.5 with a 50 damage cap.
  • Grenade radius increased from 0.2 to 0.325.
  • Grenade velocity decreased from 25 to 15.
  • Clip size reduced from 5 to 4.
  • Rate of fire reduced from 0.667 seconds per shot to 1 second per shot.
  • Grenades bounce 3 times before the timer engages.
  • Explosion timer ticks for a random 3-6 seconds before the grenade explodes.
  • Grenades that roll into a hostile hitbox explode immediately, same with stationary grenades that get stepped on.
  • Stationary and rolling grenades can be shot and will react like physics objects.
    • They will act roughly like spawn room basketballs.

Less spam, more allowed enemy interactions, trick shots, aim skill required. His overall DPS would take a minor hit, but his gameplay would be more engaging. Especially at range which would be enabled by the larger projectiles. Also, he’d be a nightmare up close, which he should be. He’s got a freaking grenade launcher. Getting up in his face with anything short of a zarya bubble should require you be wearing brown pants.

yeah her kits pretty flawless, good ult, evade, lifesteal. :joy:

For D.Va, I would just add a simple conditional check—just a couple lines of code—something like:

if (playing_in_Overwatch_League == true) { can_select_Dva = false; }

and go from there.

1 Like

Symmetra

Passive
Photon Shield: Adds 50 Barrier to Symmetra that’s independent from her 200 HP pool. Prevents damage that exceeds 50 HP (look up Shield Gating) Naturally shield piercing abilities will ignore shield gates, Ultimates will ignore shield gate as well. If depleted, will refresh in 10 seconds. Recharges at 5 HP a second after not taking damage for 3 seconds.

Primary
Will restore passive when being used on shields as long as passive is active.

Secondary
Orbs will now cast a bubble on enemies hit directly, preventing said enemy from firing beyond their bubble until the bubble expires (1 second) or they exceed the bubbles damage threshold of 50 HP.

Turrets
Are now emitters that will slow and damage all enemies in their range. Only change to Turrets are their damage now dropped to 30.

Teleporter
Allies who stand 5 meters next to either pad gain 50 Temp Shield. If allies leave the AoE or the Teleporter is destroyed, the shields will decay at 10 HP/SEC.

Ultimate
All players who touch the Barrier gain Temp HP at 5 HP/SEC, maxing out at 50 HP. Only the allies of Symmetra or enemies with natural shield piercing abilities can fire through unimpeded.

Now that’s exactly what I wanted! Creative and fun change I would really LOVE to play

1 Like

I would give them cc because heroes without it feel useless in far too many situations.

All the people who haven’t still somehow gotten over the rightful 3.0 rework years ago and who are advocating for the broken mess that was Symmetra 2.0 be brought back apparently didn’t read this sentence of the post lmao :rofl: :man_facepalming:

1 Like