How would you rework your main?

I really like this idea. It would also give you an incentive to run away from her since as it stands, she just chases you and you die anyway. Now you’d die more slowly and maybe risk dragging her into an unfavorable position away from her team. She’d have to pick between getting gold elims and getting gold healing anyway but for a larger number.

Please tell me one of your mains is Moira. That would be beautiful.

She is, but the bolded was pretty much my snide comment that most people probably think their mains are good to go :p. Could you imagine fading into a backline with an RPG?

I could.

2 Likes

Make her giant crit box a bit smaller. That’s all.

1 Like

Orisa

Protective Barrier

• Cooldown reduced to 2s
  • Barrier Health increased to 900
  • Changed to resource. When replacing a barrier, damage carries over.
  • Can be retracted with Interact 0.5s after placing.
1 Like

Ashe?

DVa. I’ve always hated how big it is while also being extremely easy to hit.

1 Like

I’ll take a swing at this with: Roadhog

Hog’s main problem is that he’s a big fat ult battery, so let’s try to fix that. The main goals for the rework are:

1. Making him less of an ult battery

2. Making him less of a fat dps and giving him actual protective abilities

Lets start with a new passive: Thick Skin. At max health, Roadhog will still give max ult charge to enemies. At 75% and below, only 60%, and at 50% health and below, only 30% ult charge.

Instead of giving him a flat ult charge reduction, this will make it so that he can’t be melted for a lot of charge. A good hog will stay at around 75% health without outside healing, so he will usually be less of an ult battery.

Second, a change to Take a Breather. All allies within a few meters of Hog when he’s using take a breather will take 50% less damage, and the other 50% is transferred to Hog himself. To balance this, Take a Breather healing is increased to 350. (Note: Take a Breather’s damage reduction still exists, so technically he’s only taking 25% of his allies’ damage)

Why do this instead of healing allies like in the 1-3-2 experiment? Well, to put it simply, its more focused on protection rather than healing. Healing should be your healers job, so this would work better. This would also be better for quick saves, like when an enemy Tire is released. Also, this would play into his lore of being a bodyguard

1 Like

If you watched that hitbox reveal video that was on here not that long ago, her hitbox isn’t actually that big. It just seems that way because it’s in such a terrible spot that you have to try not to hit it.

I don’t know where else you’d put it, though, so all I can think of is to get rid of it altogether.

why not the ability to throw turrets/fountains? even brig can heal at range.

not a mercy main, but i do have some problems with her. she is SUPER team dependent and can’t even use any of her abilities besides a wimpy pistol without teammates. These are just my ideas to make her A. a better solo-healer on the level of moira and ana, B. more fun, engaging, and self-sufficient, and C. in line with the original vision for the character (rez, angelic savior)

*STAFF

• increase healing to 60-70 hps, whatever is more balanced
  • after removing the beam from one target, they continue to heal at a reduced rate (like moira spray)

*GUARDIAN ANGEL

• if no teammates are targeted, mercy can jump into the air similar to winston or pharah. this would let her reposition more easily without relying on A. teammates or B. that e-girl jump tech.

*RESURRECT

• returned to ultimate, still a single-target rez
  • instead of mass rez, mercy can use incriments of her ult charge to rez single teammates (maybe about 1/3 of her ult at a time to rez one ally). This keeps the original spirit of her ultimate, most powerful ability being a revive, but allows more windows for enemies to prevent a mass rez (which would no longer be possible, as mercy needs to use her full ult charge and around 10 seconds total cast time to bring back half of the team. plenty of time to be stunned, killed, or otherwise disrupted)

to recap
-guardian angel no longer depends on teammates
-rez as an incrimental ultimate ability

i don’t think making it a channeled ability would be fun tbh.

anyways, what I would do is I’d grant D.Va a lot more air when demeching, and make the demech/remech mechanic more reliably a self-heal and escape tool. Maybe grant a bit more armour like 300/300 or 200/400, let’s be honest that will make no difference to high ranks but will help make her less melty when facing beams.

2 Likes

Here’s one of my takes on Doomfist being reworked into a Tank, though I’d love for current Doomfist to stay in the game at the same time. Numbers can obviously be changed for balance purposes.

Doomfist:

General:

• Changed to Tank
  • HP increased to 400 from 250
  • Max shields increased to 200 from 150

Primary Fire:

• Hand Cannon replaced with Quick Jab from Doomfist Gauntlet
  • Damage is set 50
  • Range is 5m, like Rein’s Hammer, 1m knockback
  • Attacks every .75 sec
  • Hits one person
  • Generates 20 shields every second hit

Rocket Punch:

• Damage changed from 250 from 2 hits to 150 from 1 hit
  • Charge lowered back to 1 second charge time, must be fully charged to activate
  • 20m distance stays the same
  • Knockback changed from 15m to 10m
  • Stun removed due to no longer needing it
  • Rocket Punch can now be used in any direction, not only along the horizontal axis

Uppercut:

• Removed

Guard:

• Added in place of Uppercut
  • Same hitbox as Genji, scaled to Doomfist
  • Blocks 75% of all damage from the front
  • For every 100 damage blocked, generates 50 shields after ability termination
  • Lasts 4 seconds
  • 8 second cooldown after end of ability
  • Can be canceled early, though shields gained is proportional to time used, so 25% of total shields will be gained for every 1 second of the 4 seconds used

Slam:

• Distance increased to 20m from 15m
  • Damage changed from 49-125 to 50 set damage
  • CC removed

Meteor Strike:

• Removed Satellite Cannon aspect
  • Animation now like Thundercrash from Destiny 2, where Doomfist launches himself into the air and forward, glowing bright Blue and covered in electricity
  • Can be aimed using WASD and mouse movement
  • Generates 50 shields per enemy hit
  • 1 second recovery time after landing
  • Damage area is set to current Meteor Strike area
4 Likes

Cause I wanted to have that nostalgic feel to her.

And it just felt like being able to throw 6 constructibles felt like overkill. 3 is one thing, but there’s probably a reason she never had it before her damage rework.

what if she had three of each, but she could throw them?
also, no tp? its like my favorite part of her atm and forever.

Rein

• Earthshatter penetrates barriers now and the “cone” is skinnier and longer (makes Rein mirror matches a bad idea) – Earthshatter no longer goes under payloads
  • Rein’s charge gets much more control. Similar to Echo, he starts off with a restricted boost like now but then his control quickly loosens and he can make sharper turns
  • Firestrike action cancels Charge - all around skill buff that can set up new combos
  • Barrier can stay the same

Symmetra

• Teleporter revert to true 3.0 (all the kids that stopped playing her at 2.0 can’t tell the difference)
  • Small projectile speed buff (what she really needed - Echo can contest so easily because her bullets aren’t set to brisk walk speed) - Sym works best in mid-range, kiting around enemies rather than as a melee hero
  • Some speed injected in her kit, somewhere. Either faster beam charge up, faster sentry fly speed, lower sentry cooldowns --too much set up in her kit.

All of that aside though, this idea alone would be nice too

• Sentries now deactivate movement abilities when tethered. Not an additional slow or CC on already immobile heroes - just the tether being used to turn off a list of movement skills (Blink/dash/leap/etc).

I think that would really give her a ton of agency on the battle field. She’d have actual utility (especially with her nerfed teleporter) and unlike 2.0, it wouldn’t all boil down to “more HP/more Damage/more Barrier”.

From there, they could even experiment with losing some of the damage or the slow, whichever feels best and putting that power into her weapon or other abilities.

1 Like

I wanted to keep Symmetra feeling familiar, but also moving away from her previous kits; it’s why only her weapon and turrets have stayed the same.

In all honesty, I did want to try and include either the Shield Generator or Teleporter in there, but the disco ball was kinda taken up by Shield Syphon, and I couldn’t find a way to implement Symmetra’s tp without either making the kit more bloated than it needed to be, or just giving it as a second choice of ultimate again in its previous support iterations. It could work as a second ultimate again, but I think there’d be the same issue it had when competing with the disco ball before, where one ultimate looked better than the other. Obviously there’d be cases where the tp would be better than Photon Field, just as there were better times for tp over disco ball, but if there was a choice, I feel like most people would just default to using Photon Field over to as its more universal than ultimate tp is.

1 Like

Hog:

Primary

Guaranteed 25 damage per pellet in 4 meters of range.
45 pellets.
Spread angle: 75°.
Extreme falloff, very ineffective after 4 meters.
Bypasses armor reduction.

Secondary

Instant detonation.
Pellets are 70% faster.
30-60 damage per pellet.
3 pellets.
Each pellet has a second hitbox for crits, that hitbox is 100% bigger.
Regular pellet hitbox is 35% bigger.

Hook

Cooldown Halved.
Hook deals 50 Damage and Roots the opponent for 1 second.
Hooked enemies take 40% more damage for 2 seconds.
Hooked enemies have their crit hitbox increased by 120% for 1 second.
Hooked enemies are pulled 0.9 meters away from him.

Take A Breater

Take A Breather Cooldown Halved.
Immune to all cc while taking a breather.
Immune to all damage during breather.
Gives 450 hp.

Ult

While holding either primary or secondary it fires. Hog can’t fire both at the same time. Press ult again to cancel and refund (Duration * 7) amount of ult percentage, with a maximum of 30% refunded.

Ultimate Primary

0.2 initial delay.
Current Whole Hog Statistics.

Ultimate Secondary

0.4 initial delay.
70 damage per pellet.
3 pellets per shot.
Bypasses armor reduction.
Rate of fire is 2.4 per second.
1.4° of horizontal spread.
0° of vertical spread.
Deals heavily increased knockback.

Lasts 7 seconds, consumes 0.4 a second if not firing.
-70% movement penalty.

Passive

Impervious to hard cc including other hooks.
Soft cc reduced by 60%.
Getting charged stuns the Rein and deals 200 damage to him.
Enemies receive 0% ult charge from hitting him.
Hp decreased to 200.
Armor set to 600.
1% damage taken from Reaper.
Melee does 50 damage.
The “Show Accuracy” option actually shows the accuracy.

Twist

These changes only affect me.

1 Like

LOL - that primary fire would do 1000+ plus damage, you’d just insta kill anything! In 4 meters… hmmm… not sure about that one my dude.

Fine, 1.5 meters!
Also, the spread is ridiculous. Even with the current Hog at point blank it’s hard to hit all of your pellets. You’d have to shove the shotgun down their throat for it to hit all of the pellets.
Also, I kind of meant for it to be op because I didn’t read the original post at the top at time.

1 Like

I main McCree, I would only revert the recent FB nerf because it basically made his kit even worse and his stun FtH combo is terrible right now, you can’t even pull it off most of the time. Now that I think about it I would do something about his ult because it’s either a suicide button or a fast reload mostly.