How would you rework your main?

I wouldn’t rework my mains (Ana and Lucio) because I love how they play. But I do like to play Mercy every now and then and could see (another) rework working for her.

I would change rez to a cleanse ability for allies. This would let her fill a niche that no support has filled yet, allow her to be the counter to abilities like freeze, dynamite, nade , etc and would mean her base kit could be balanced around not having rez anymore.

And then in Valkyrie her cleanse ability would change into rez which would allow rez to be buffed to an ability appropriate of an ultimate since it wouldn’t be tied to her base kit anymore. Maybe shorten the cast time to she can get it off faster but still leaves a small window where it can be stopped.

2 Likes

They only thing i can think of for Moira is change her right click. have it so then close you are, the more damage it does, this might stop people complaining about her “doing to much damage”. And if someone like a Reaper loses to a Moira at close range with this change, they will only have themselves to blame lol.

1 Like

All my mains are perfect, but give them a missile launcher.

2 Likes

Change Reins ult to be dual wielding hammers like in the short with damage reduction for its duration also 100% steadfast for ult too.

Normal steadfast only applies while barrier is active.

Charge can be cancelled but has a longer cooldown.

Give him the ability to throw his hammer but then melee is unavailable unless he goes to pick it up. I direct hit with the hammer results in a short stun.

1 Like

Mercy. But not just a revert.
I’d keep Valkyrie and Mass Rez at the same time.

• Resurrect goes on a 3 second cooldown if interrupted.
  • Projectile speed significantly increased.
  • Make her movement speed passively higher than other heroes (Same as Tracer and Genji)
  • Increase Resurrect’s range and cause it to no longer reduce Mercy’s movement speed.
  • Using Valkyrie instantly activates Mass Rez.
  • Caduceus Staff remains on the target ally for 1.5 seconds after breaking the link (By getting too far from them and not just let go of left click/right click)
3 Likes

Gonna be the lazy guy and post an old Post of mine:

Exclude the thing I called Phase cuz it was more a fun Idea then a balanced or working one.

1 Like

If you main it, i guess you like it?
Why fix something that aint broken

Boop.

Also make Sombra say boop every 1/4 melee hits.

I’d make D.Va’s defense matrix a channeled ability again. You’re supposed to use it to counter channeled abilities anyway (like orbs, firestrikes, and especially ultimates), so giving it a cooldown seems appropriate, and would allow it to be more powerful as well (15 meters, 4 second up-time).

To compensate, she’d get better armor and firepower so she could actually tank. Maybe 400/200, or 300/300, I’m not sure, but definitely enough that she could bodyblock without instantly losing mech.

Her canons would get a tighter spread with more pellets, and a longer effective range, as well as a 30% movement penalty down from 50%. They’d also have a lower fire rate, and an overheat feature that’s basically a resource meter in lieu of having to reload.

Overall, D.Va would have passive knockback resistance, though not to the same degree as Reinhardt. The resistance would be greater with boosters engaged, but she wouldn’t be entirely immune to it; it would just mess up her flight path a bit.

Oh… and the mech can crouch (might not go live, could be OP).

For Baby D.Va, I’d buff her projectile speed to be equal to Genji’s shurikens (it’s currently only as fast as Soldier’s rockets).

I’m not sure what I’d do for micro-missiles, but with matrix being channeled, it could be re-bound to E by default, and micro-missiles bound to M2 as an alt fire of some kind.

With all of these changes, I think boosters could be safely returned to 5 seconds, since she wouldn’t have to disengage so readily.

3 Likes

I got 2. Hope you like reading, cause imma be in depth :open_book: Don’t know if that’s what you wanted though, so enjoy the essay

Symmetra:

As a synopsis (kinda), my plans for this rework is for Symmetra to be a unique support hero again, however filling the gaps she had before with no healing capabilities. However, I don’t want to just slap all of her old abilities on her, add a healing ability and call it a day. I want her to feel fresh and unique again, while being welcomed back with open arms into her home of the Support category.

New Passive: Shield Syphon

Whenever Symmetra deals damage at max charge, Symmetra emits a wave of energy restoring health to herself and allies in an area. Any healing over max health becomes non-recoverable shields, capping at an additional 75 shield health. Once destroyed, there is an internal cooldown of 5 seconds before shields can be reapplied.

Think of this as a twist in Brigitte’s passive, Inspire. I wanted to try and combine the Armour over heal from Repair Pack and the healing from Inspire, but make it unique enough to stand out from Brigitte. Numbers aren’t final or anything as I have no experience with game design, so any numbers that haven’t ever been given by Blizzard with last iterations of Symmetra take with a grain of salt

Range: 7m from Symmetra
Healing: 20 hp/s for allies, 15 hp/s for Symmetra
Shield Duration (once capped): 5 seconds, or until destroyed
Shield Health Decay: 25 Shields/second over 3 seconds
Shield Health Overheal: 25 Shields/second over 3 seconds, capping at 75
Cooldown: 5 seconds + 5 second natural shield decay

Photon Projector:

Primary fire:
Range reduced to 7m, from 11m
Damage reduced from 60/120/180 to 30/60/120

Just a revert of her primary fire. It would have the lock on beam as well, against popular opinions against it

Secondary fire:

Projectile speed decreased from 25m/s to 15m/s

Ability 1: Photon Fountain/Sentry Turret

Symmetra creates a blueprint of a Photon Fountain or a Sentry Turret. Sentry Turrets unchanged, however can’t be thrown. Symmetra can have up to 6 Sentry Turrets or Photon Fountains up at any given time, any additional constructs will replace the oldest.

For clarification: Symmetra can only have 6 constructs up at any given time, but she isn’t limited to how many of 1 construct she can have. For example, Symmetra may have 4 Sentry Turrets and 2 Photon Fountains, but building a new one of either once reaching 6 on the field will replace the oldest construct on the field, regardless of if it’s a Sentry Turret of Photon Fountain.

Photon Fountain:
Radius: 8m
Hps: 30
Health: 20 shields, 5 health; 25 total HP
Cooldown: 10 seconds per Fountain. Cooldown shared with Sentry Turrets

Symmetra may change what construct to build by pressing the bound ability binding a second time.

Sorry if this was a mouthful; if anyone doesn’t get this, tell me and I’ll try and explain it a little better. I’m in 4 hours sleep and no coffee, so I’m kinda dead right now :joy::coffee:

Ability 2: Barrier Field

For an instant, Symmetra surrounds and ally in a case of hardlight, protecting them from all damage, reflecting a portion of it back to the attacker. If the barrier breaks, it unleashes a small shockwave, knocking back and electricuting nearby enemies.

Barrier Health: 250
Damage reflectes: 10%
Duration: 1 second
Cooldown: 15 seconds, starts upon Barrier’s destruction
Shockwave radius: 5m
Electricity damage: 15 per tick, for 3 seconds
Arching damage: 50% of base electricity damage for 3 seconds

If anyone’s played Smite, think of this ability like Nemis’ 3rd ability, Retribution. It acts much in the same way, however without healing the target and no Shockwave. I also wanted to introduce a new status element with the ability, being Shocked, where enemies take electrocution damage from lightning/electricity based attacks, but at a reduced effect so its not overbearing

Ultimate: Photon Field

Symmetra errects a barrier made from hardlight around her in a massive area, shaped like a dome, encasing herself and surrounding allies. Enemies that enter the barrier’s area take constant damage, while allies are cleansed of status effects and take reduced damage. All the barrier’s effects are disabled after the duration, or if the dome is destroyed. If enemies or allies leave the inner dome, any effects of the barrier are removed instantly.

Barrier health: 2500
Area of effect: 15m
Duration: 6 seconds
Damage over time: 25/s
Damage mitigation: 30%
Ultimate Cost: 3,000
Passive ultimate gain: 1% every 3.2 seconds

Mercy:

Caduceus Staff:

Unchanged

Caduceus Blaster:

Unchanged

Ability 1: Guardian Angel

Unchanged

Ability 2: Valkyrie’s Blessing

Mercy places a buff on an ally, increasing their movement speed and healing them for a short duration. Upon activation of Valkyrie’s Blessing, Mercy’s Regeneration passive healing is increased. Movement speed given to allies doesn’t stack with similar effects.

Range: 12m
Cooldown: 15 seconds, cooldown starts after the buff ends
Duration: 5 seconds
Movement Speed: 25% bonus move speed
Healing done: 25/s
Regeneration: Passive healing increased from 20 to 25 for 3 seconds

Ultimate: Heavenly Light

Mercy channels briefly, before pointing her staff to the sky, creating an area of light in a wide area that heals allies, reduces all incoming damage to herself and allies, grants immunity to crowd control, and slows enemies in its radius. Mercy can choose to continue to channel this ability for greater effect, but suffers leaving herself vulnerable to attack. Mercy can cancel being a focus for Heavenly Light by pressing her Ultimate binding at any time during the duration of Heavenly Light. Slowing effect does not stack with similar effects

Without continued channel (press Ultimate twice) :
Healing: 60hp/s
Damage reduction: 25%
Slow: 10%
Area of Effect: 10m

With extended channeling (press Ultimate once) :
Healing: 80hp/s
Damage mitigation: 35%
Slow: 25%
Area of Effect: 15m

Ultimate cost: 2,950
Passive Ultimate charge: 1% every 3 seconds

Holy crap nuggets, we made it. If you read this far, firstly go get yourself a drink. Secondly, thanks for listening to the ramblings of a dude that’s half asleep and 18 hours past their last coffee.

Stay safe out there.

2 Likes

This is gonna be an unpopular opinion…but I’d bring Mass Rez back :angel:

The devs’ official problem with Mass Rez was that it encouraged Mercy to let her team just die, then she’d Resurrect them and start the fight all over again. And on the enemy team, that fight that they had just worked so hard to win was all for nothing. They have to do it all over again, and with an Ult disadvantage, most likely.

I would bring back Mass Rez as an ultimate, but with a long cast time. Probably longer than Single Rez’s current cast time, too. That way, if Mercy is letting her whole team die, she can’t just go in and Resurrect them by herself. She’d be focused down and easily killed mid-cast. If she wants to Resurrect, she’d need to still have a couple teammates alive, just to protect her.

Oh, and I’d require line of sight checks as well. No cheesy Resurrects behind walls. That’s just not fun for anyone.

As for Valkyrie, I’d maybe put that on her E ability. The duration would be shortened, and mobility reduced. But I think it would be neat to have another flying ability. She might be super agile, but honestly, when has she not?

I really like this idea. It would also give you an incentive to run away from her since as it stands, she just chases you and you die anyway. Now you’d die more slowly and maybe risk dragging her into an unfavorable position away from her team. She’d have to pick between getting gold elims and getting gold healing anyway but for a larger number.

Please tell me one of your mains is Moira. That would be beautiful.

She is, but the bolded was pretty much my snide comment that most people probably think their mains are good to go :p. Could you imagine fading into a backline with an RPG?

I could.

2 Likes

Make her giant crit box a bit smaller. That’s all.

1 Like

Orisa

Protective Barrier

• Cooldown reduced to 2s
  • Barrier Health increased to 900
  • Changed to resource. When replacing a barrier, damage carries over.
  • Can be retracted with Interact 0.5s after placing.
1 Like

Ashe?

DVa. I’ve always hated how big it is while also being extremely easy to hit.

1 Like

I’ll take a swing at this with: Roadhog

Hog’s main problem is that he’s a big fat ult battery, so let’s try to fix that. The main goals for the rework are:

1. Making him less of an ult battery

2. Making him less of a fat dps and giving him actual protective abilities

Lets start with a new passive: Thick Skin. At max health, Roadhog will still give max ult charge to enemies. At 75% and below, only 60%, and at 50% health and below, only 30% ult charge.

Instead of giving him a flat ult charge reduction, this will make it so that he can’t be melted for a lot of charge. A good hog will stay at around 75% health without outside healing, so he will usually be less of an ult battery.

Second, a change to Take a Breather. All allies within a few meters of Hog when he’s using take a breather will take 50% less damage, and the other 50% is transferred to Hog himself. To balance this, Take a Breather healing is increased to 350. (Note: Take a Breather’s damage reduction still exists, so technically he’s only taking 25% of his allies’ damage)

Why do this instead of healing allies like in the 1-3-2 experiment? Well, to put it simply, its more focused on protection rather than healing. Healing should be your healers job, so this would work better. This would also be better for quick saves, like when an enemy Tire is released. Also, this would play into his lore of being a bodyguard

1 Like

If you watched that hitbox reveal video that was on here not that long ago, her hitbox isn’t actually that big. It just seems that way because it’s in such a terrible spot that you have to try not to hit it.

I don’t know where else you’d put it, though, so all I can think of is to get rid of it altogether.

why not the ability to throw turrets/fountains? even brig can heal at range.