How would YOU buff Reaper or Mei?

As stated the other day by Jeff Kaplan, Reaper and Mei will be receiving buffs on the PTR in about a week or so. I would like to know what type of buffs you Reaper and Mei players would like to see.

I have a few ideas myself:

• Reaper

I’d like for the range and speed of his teleport to be increased. This will allow him to travel across the map more easily, and end up in places you weren’t expecting a Reaper to be.

• Mei

This one may be kind of silly, but I always had this idea of Mei spraying the floor as she was walking forward to allow her to increase her movement speed. I don’t play Mei much but I think this would be a hilarious buff.

Give me your ideas! How do we make these characters great?

26 Likes

Make cryo freeze reload. I’ve posted like 4 times about how half a reload + cryo freeze for 4 seconds + full reload after = almost 6 seconds of being out of the fight entirely.

13 Likes
  • Give Mei the ability to laugh when she freezes people. The psychological trauma is a buff of it’s own.

• Bring back the lead singer to Linkin Park that will buff Reaper.

46 Likes

Reaper:

• damage per pellet 7 -> 14
  • pellets per attack 20 -> 10
  • wraith form can now be canceled (still plays the big ending animation)
  • soul globes are back! Can now only be picked up during wraith form
  • 50% damage reduction during shadow step

The damage change is just to make him a little more effective against armor, while the soul globe change makes him a little more sustainable and gives you an actual reason to stay in wraith. Wraith form canceling has been asked for forever now (won’t be OP because of the ending animation) and 50% damage reduction during shadow step makes it a lot less suicidal to use out of combat.

IMO this would make him a lot more viable without feeling too strong or unfair.

20 Likes

Full reload in cryofreeze
Blizzard disable movement abilities

5 Likes

I really like these changes. Reaper, being the “tank buster”, is surprisingly weak to armor. The changes to his shadowstep is nice as well, overall he just needs more sustainability, and these recommendations will put him in the right direction.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more😂

2 Likes

I managed to pull a pretty slick move with reaper in 1v1, on the Dorado map. I played Reaper, my adversary soldier. Managed to score a good hit, and he ran away to the clocktower. While he ran, I Shadow stepped ahead of him, and the moment he turned the corner, shot him in the dome. It was so friggin sweet.

That’s the kind of stuff that Reaper should be able to do more often with his Shadow Step. Make Shadow Step a little bit faster, and allow Reaper to move instantly once he teleported. Also gives smoke grenades, it would be dope.

1 Like

Mei just needs to undergo a tough training regimen and pack on some carbs if she wants to be buff like Zarya.

Otherwise I think she’s actully pretty physically fit and the artic suit is basically just a lot of padding

Reaper:
-make teleport faster and less obvious
-make wraith form cancel-able
-increase wraith form movement speed or let him go through walls with it
-buff basic attack damage somehow (more damage, less pellets, etc) or give him a new active on his right-click that increases damage output for a few seconds, resets duration on kill, works with Death Blossom

Mei
-allow reload during cryo-freeze
-more shapes/charges on ice wall (bridge, stairs, ramp, etc)
-movement speed slow with basic attacks lasts a couple seconds even after getting away from her

1 Like

Great Idea! Buff her health to 300!

1 Like

EDIT:Oops, didn’t see Coolbreeze above me.

For Mei, hmm… I’m a big fan of Mei, I was a Mei one trick for the first three months of Overwatch, really. That’s not a buff I see often, but I’d say buff her health to 300, or gives her some armor.

Mei has great utility, but doesn’t bring enough to the table to justify a pick most of the time. Her damage output is really low, and she lacks mobility, with a really easy to hit hitbox. More HP would allow Mei to sustain herself better, and allow for more leniency when fighting off flankers.
She’s supposed to counter them, but to win a fight against a Genji or a Tracer, a Mei can’t make a single mistake, while Recall and Swift Strike/Cyber Agility/Reflect allows Genji and Tracer to under-perform and still come out on top. What kind of counter need to outplay the heroes she supposedly counter?

2 Likes

<— 4.1k Mei main, currently around #50 Mei in the world, with around 250 Mei hours across all modes

Mei spraying the floor to increase her movement speed does not address her weaknesses, which are:

• Her slow ultimate cast time
  • Her ultimate’s inability to freeze people

Personally I’d like to see Mei’s ultimate cast reworked to be more like Tracer’s, where the projectile leaves her hand almost immediately after the button press.

Mei’s ultimate is weak because without the assistance of her primary fire, it takes 3 seconds to freeze targets. 3 seconds in Overwatch is an eternity, and thus her ultimate is ridiculously easy to escape. The change I’d like to see would be for her ultimate to take 2 seconds to freeze.

The previous buff Mei received to her primary fire more or less solved the problem of heroes like Tracer being impossible to freeze, so that part of her kit is now fine.

13 Likes

It’s hard to admit, but I honestly think reader’s abilities could use a rework.

• his guns are okay, but could use a slightly smaller cone.
  • his ult with his current passive is honestly fine in my book.

His wraith form is just meh, as it’s far more predictable to be a good alternative to other offense characters’ abilities as a defense and/or escaping ability. I have heard people state it should work with a resource meter like so many other abilities have become, but then good reapers may abuse that change unless a usage cd comes with it so reaper doesn’t spam it between shots; even then, that may make him a questionable matchup when it comes to fair play.

But I think the biggest thing that needs a change or needs to go is shadow step. It’s a TP, sure, but it’s also long, flashy, and leaves reaper exposed for way too long, and in a 6v6 game with small maps and few routes undetected, that’s an ability that simply won’t work for him. I think it needs an overhaul, whether or not it remains as shadow step teleporting ability.

1 Like

Reaper: Add invincibility frames to shadow step and make it occur much faster. Could also slightly increase speed of wraith form.

Mei: Make her blizzard ultimate disable movement abilities similar to graviton surge. It’s wayyyy too easy to escape.

3 Likes

Cool thread. I always thought what would be cool is if Mei could freeze multiple people at once with her primary fire.

Oh wait a minute, I have the editor right here hmm…

234 Likes

Wait, is this a hint?

6 Likes

MAKE IT HAPPEN PLEASE! MY MEI LOVING HEART WOULD BE SO HAPPY (he’s messing with us isn’t he)

9 Likes

Confirmed Mei is satan

39 Likes

hi Mr Goodman,tell us what do you think about this idea for Roadhog,thank you
the hook cooldown takes 2-3 seconds when hooked enemy is interrupted
it is a fair buff,isnt it? Like a recently Sombra’s change
this hook changes will be most useful after the Brigitta will come to competitive mode

3 Likes