How to actually fix Brigitte šŸ¤”

I think the OP is still jerking their knee.

2 Likes

Ive already made suggestions for this:

But Bubble, what if I have to contest the payload and a solo brigitte is somehow kiting my entire team?

But Bubble, what if my team is trying to recap the point on Lijiang Tower and Brig is just Thereā„¢, stunning and knocking back everything that goes through the door?

How do I CC the CC master at her own game without having to blow an EMP every fight?

1 Like

Brigitte is almost perfectly balanced.
From all the responses Iā€™ve heard about her, the time I played her on PTR and now live I would just change three things.

• Slightly buff her passive healing, because it feels underwhelming and is only received when Briggi fights. 5-10% would probably be enough.
  • Nerf her speed while fighting to the speed of the other heroes running backwards. This because once a ranged hero gets in her close range, heā€™s pretty much dead. You simply canā€™t run from her. This would allow for example McCree, with his roll, to be in a smaller danger when getting close to flashbag her out of her shield. Also thoughtless pressing of M1 and smashing heroes that need to aim around till they die feels a bit out of place.
  • Rainhardā€™s front charge should pin Brigitte over her bash stun, but if bashed from the side Brigitte should stun him. Charge is a risky move that shouldnā€™t be stoped so easyly. Then the bash stun is pretty inconsistent in hands of someone with a weaker internet connection. Also it would force Brigitte to analise the situation before going for shield bashing a Rainhard (even if it doesnā€™t make much sense atm, when there is no guaranteed huge DPS fallow up). And finally it looks silly that a much smaller Brigitte stops a Rocket boosted, outfitted in a power armor Rainhard.

PS: Played a few games with Orisa against teams with Birgitte and I have no idea how sheā€™s a problem for Orisa. In every of these games Iā€™ve been on fire with her holding the point strong. Of coarse you donā€™t melt her shield in seconds, but you can shot her shield from miles. She needs to get close, so make it take longer with halt. She canā€™t smash you around nor kill you too fast. Just feed her with bullets and GG.

2 Likes

Give yourself a little more credibility by removing the Sombra section please. Make the Sombra suggestion a new topic. I want to like your post because of the suggested Brigitte changes, but I disagree with the Sombra part, and I bet more people feel like me.

I was trying to defend on Eichenwaldt point A and she got behind me, so I couldnā€™t do much. I will admit that I forgot to abuse Halt against her, so Iā€™ll try to remember that next time.

I read your thread, and I like your idea for the passive 10hps and an active 16hps once her mace lands. I hope blizzard does something along that line for Brigitte!

T R A C E R M A I N S P O T T E D

So I have been playing a lot of Brigette and got like 20+ hours on her with a 62% win rate. I was like you at first thought man she feels a little overturned but as I thought about it more she is melee. If your a 76 and she walks up to you well you can run away and start shooting her again. The shield also does a piss poor job of blocking splash damage. However every game I played there was a tracer and then a genji. I would wreck these two. Would they switch nope. They would either stay tracer/genji or just leave. Thing is qp is not a really good place to judge a hero. If we used that mentality and everyone played bastion he would be seen as op in qp but he isnt in comp. Why because Overwatch is a game of counters and right now people arenā€™t countering her. Once she enters comp it will be a different story.

2 Likes

Go through the other door!

1 Like

Shield Bash:
I agree with the Shield Bash changes.
Barrier:
IMO barrierā€™s hp is fine, Explosives totally ignore it, why lower even more ?

Rally:
Her ult can be easily countered just like the lucioā€™s using(EMP, pharahs ult d.va and etc) any burst ult or disable can counter it since it takes time to make people high on hp.

1 Like

I like the Rally speed :frowning:

I donā€™t know how you came to that conclusion, but Tracer isnā€™t in my top 10 even.

8 Seconds is a bit high. Thatā€™s the maximum they should increase the cooldown to. Should at least be 6 seconds but I prefer 7 seconds cooldown.

Her shield durability isnā€™t an issue. 600 health is fine.

Her speed buff isnā€™t the problem with Rally. They need to make it so the armor from Rally isnā€™t permanent (or until destroyed), it should have a duration so itā€™s really only useful to use Rally in a team fight.

Other things they should do is make it so she canā€™t do a frontal shield bash to a charging Reinhardt or Doomfist (in the same vein that Doomfist canā€™t do a frontal stun to Reinhardt). I also donā€™t think Shield Bash should be able to move through barriers.

1 Like

I actually really like these changes. I like daze as a concept, especially since OW doesnā€™t have much variety in debuffs. It makes her less annoying for the enemy team without destroying her dueling capabilities and giving her healing in line with a Lucio.

Itā€™s the kind of balancing Blizzard sometimes does - keeping a heroā€™s power level approximately the same by moving power out of one aspect and into another. Kind of like what they did with Lucio and eventually Roadhog. It also keeps her as the anti-dive (daze counters mobility) without destroying low mobility heroes. Mei wonā€™t care overly about being dazed if sheā€™s in freeze range, but Tracer will. You put a lot of thought into your suggestion and I think it could work.

1 Like

soooooā€¦
git gud?
is that what youā€™re saying?

Up the cooldown to 8 seconds. This allows her to still peel and make important plays, but punishes her if she uses it at an inopportune time.

If they do that, then that removes her primary mobility ability and essentially worsens her job.

Once she uses all her abilities, sheā€™ll be more in line with a McCree that just burned all his abilities.

You do realize that thereā€™s a dramatic difference with McCree and her, correct? A dramatic difference in power and ability usage.

• Lower the Barrier HP to 500. I personally think her shield is something that should always remain powerful, but make it break quicker.
  • 600 HP is a LOT to burn down, especially since barriers donā€™t take crits. Just try fighting her as Orisa and see what I mean.

Or I could play Junkrat, Pharah, Bastion, another tank and not have to worry about the barrier. Itā€™s not like youā€™re exactly fighting a Roadhog, and itā€™s not like youā€™re alone at targeting her. A team that plays properly can melt a 600 HP barrier.

Remove the speed boost entirely. Her ult is already extremely powerful, but the extra speed allows her to charge in guns aā€™blazing and just wipe the enemy team with her strong dueling kit.

But she canā€™t wipe the enemy team with her weak dueling kit. Unless the team is extremely incompetent and canā€™t group up to take down Brigitte, it would be impossible for her to solo an entire team because she used one Ultimate. Plus, she used that Ultimate selfishly, and her team could also get punished for it since they wonā€™t be able to receive that juicy armor bonus.

Killing her outright at the beginning of her ult is preferable, but removing her speed would allow teams to use movement abilities such as Whole Hog and Primal Rage as an alternative to prevent her team from receiving max AOE armor.

You mean like they already do?

Might actually encourage the Brigitte on my team to use her ult when her team is around instead of just on herself :coffee:

Again, if Brigitte ends up using her Ultimate only on herself, that essentially punishes her heavily against a coordinated enemy team. Plus, the only players who would use her Ultimate like that are people who donā€™t know how to utilize the Ultimate properly.

Revert that 2 second hack cooldown.

No.

3 Likes

How to make a hero below F tier.

2 Likes

just use the same rules as you would when fighting a reindhart. You donā€™t want to be close and you destroy the shield first. Except itā€™s easier because shes basically a squishy.

1 Like

Thanks for feedback. I would like if you join my main discussion about these suggestions: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/suggestion-how-to-make-brigitte-more-viable-and-less-annoying/45307?u=shnobz-2604

I canā€™t bump it by myself.

This doesnā€™t sound like a fix, but more like a nerf. Her shield bash and ultimate are both fine just the way they are.

1 Like

Her shield is already burned down really quick, idk why you would want to lower itā€¦ if they do lower the HP of it, then I want a faster regeneration rate at least.
Her ult ā€¦ do you know how small the radius of it is? Even as it currently stands, Brigs already have a hard time to get Teammates into the circly as it is, removing the speedbuff, would make it pretty much a ultimate for her alone + maaaybe one more character.
CD on shield bash, yeah that might needs a second or two. But McCree can still do decent damage without his abilitiesā€¦ try to kill someone with Brig without abilitiesā€¦ good luck with that.

And about Sombraā€¦ play a little bit smart and you wonā€™t have any problemsā€¦

1 Like