How to actually fix Brigitte šŸ¤”

Ults shouldnā€™t enable team wipes. Gotcha

My concerns with this:

1. If you use Brigitte offensively, then yeah the cooldown as it is sucks. But I use it defensively, to get people to stop jumping me and to defend myself. Especially when more than one person jumps on me. Increasing the cooldown bones her for simply trying to defend herself.
  2. McCree and Brigitte should not be aligned because he has a hitscan gun capable of headshots and she is a short melee-ranged hero with an occasional projectile ranged attack on a cooldown.
  3. Shield bash hardly adds mobility. There are many more abilities that grant far more mobility than shield bash.

Most of the changes you proposed are hitting her in every aspect of her kit except her flail. You are proposing balance changes for Brigitte players who are being overly aggressive and are probably screwing their teammates.

When I use Brigitte, I do not engage first. I do not leave my team and try to 1v1 anything. I use my rally and specifically tell my team to stay close to me. And I have found far more success playing Brigitte this way than I did with being aggressive - and I am an aggressive player lol. These changes would bone me for playing her in a more optimal manner that doesnā€™t align with the reasonings for your suggested nerfs. :frowning:

4 Likes

PATCH 1.2.2
Winston

• Winstonā€™s Barrier now has 800 HP and can be deployed similarly to Reinhardtā€™s right click

We felt like forum posters were whining too much over Brigitteā€™s 600 HP shield, so we wanted to show them what Hell was really like.

2 Likes

Even with the overlapping groups, Iā€™d imagine the mentality is that you canā€™t fight OP with OP. A hero being out of line isnā€™t justified because the hero they counter is out of line.

OK fair enough. I like Brigitte though and hope she isnā€™t touched until sheā€™s at least in comp.

I think her kit is already pretty strong. Instead of moving some of her power over to a different ability, Iā€™d rather take away things that I think she shouldnā€™t excel at, and leave other abilities as they are to make them seem like unique strengths.

Like, Iā€™m okay with her having one of the best stuns in the game, but I want the cooldown to be long enough to be baitable. Roadhog used to be able to pull people around corners guaranteed every 6 seconds and it was just awful until they changed it, so why not Brigitte?

Iā€™m okay with her having one of the best ults in the game, but I donā€™t want her to get more use out of it solo than in a team setting. Mercy used to be able to solo kill an entire team with Valkyrie until it her pistol got toned down, so why not Brigitte?

Abilities that canā€™t be punished are stale for Overwatch, because a lot of the high points in this game comes from either countering your opponents, or seeing how much you can get away with without getting countered. If you remove her OP abilities outright, sheā€™s just getting countered and sheā€™s not having fun. If you let Brigitte remain the way she is and allow her to remain more or less uncontested, the Brigitteā€™ll be having a blast but no one else will enjoy the game.

Basically? I just want her to be placed in a happy ā€œGoldielocks Zoneā€ of balance, and I think my nerf ideas are the only way to do that without ruining Brigitte as a character outright.

Stop pretending that a 1 second duration stun on a cooldown of 5 seconds is balanced.

1 Like

I like your reasoning, but I still think if youā€™re getting dove on for longer than 10 seconds by two flankers, you shouldnā€™t have the upper hand. Still, maybe a good compromise for her ult would be to allow her to stun quicker if her normal bash cooldown gets nerfed? Give her the ability to stun tag targets for her team to eat alive during a Rally.

People are also saying that lowering her 600 HP after nerfing stun would compound and be too much, and I kind of agree. Sometimes heroes get overnerfed/overbuffed in multiple areas when any one of the individual changes on their own would have solved the problem.

Also to the people saying that Brig is balanced because Pharah and Junk completely ignore her shield, Iā€™d rather that be patched out entirely. I donā€™t think thatā€™s supposed to be happening in the first place.

I canā€™t believe what Iā€™ve just read. We all saw what happened to Doomfist, and you want to nerf Brigitte to be the worst hero of all time. Brigitte would literally have a ZERO percent pickrate in high-level play if these suggestions went through. This is why the devs ignore feedback on the forums.

1 Like

lol nice try but sheā€™s too versatile and easy to play to ever dethrone sombraā€™s 0.7% pickrate

I donā€™t know how many times I have to say this.

BRIGITTE IS USELESS IF YOU STAY OUT OF RANGE OF SHIELD BASH AND HER REGULAR ATTACK.

Do that, and she can only reliably heal one person every 6 seconds. Which makes pretty much any other healer more useful.

Any nerf would make her never have a reason to be picked over another healer.

5 Likes

Nice try OP.
Coming in here with debateably sensible changes to Brigitte, only to show us itā€™s veiled as a Sombra buff.

3 Likes

I wonā€™t rest until Sombra has a 30% pickrate across all gamemodes

This.

I could write a similar essay with an equally apt laundry list of Tracer/Genji nerfs, but it will never happen.

Just learn to play around her instead of complaining.

1 Like

Sombra needs that change and a little more to be truly viable. (Decrease invis delay/cast time from .7 seconds to .5 seconds perhaps?)

I agree with all the Brigitte changes, but it make make her slightly too weak. I donā€™t think sheā€™s that OP as a hero, her shield and shield bash are just OP as abilities. I also donā€™t think her damage combo should be able to burn health like it can right now. If they decrease the damage of shield bash from 50 to 40, her shield bash- basic attack- whip shot combo will leave a tracer with 5 health and be easier for other heroes to handle. However, to compensate for this change and all of yours, they could decrease her ult charge required by about 10-15%, take a second off of her repair pack cooldown, or take a second off of her whip shot cooldown (One or two of these, not all of them).

Because heaven forbid anyone be ā€œS-Tierā€ other than Genji & Tracer.

1 Like

Two people on the same hero shouldnā€™t take longer than a few seconds to kill her, though. Even through her self-healing.

The only thing I can imagine thatā€™d be fair is to reduce the hitbox to its animation or increase the animation to match the hitbox - just like Genjiā€™s. Reduce the area it affects.

1 Like

I think the OP is still jerking their knee.

2 Likes

Ive already made suggestions for this:

But Bubble, what if I have to contest the payload and a solo brigitte is somehow kiting my entire team?

But Bubble, what if my team is trying to recap the point on Lijiang Tower and Brig is just Thereā„¢, stunning and knocking back everything that goes through the door?

How do I CC the CC master at her own game without having to blow an EMP every fight?

1 Like