Im sorry, but Brigitte is balanced all wrong

It’s just wrong. I know this is their first try on a support hybrid, but it failed. This is my opinion of course, so feel free to disagree with me but if you simply came here to rank shame others, tell people to “get gud” or just be mean to people I will report you, however productive discussion is welcomed.

Right now, Brigitte doesn’t play as a support. She plays like a Off-Tank/Defense that can heal a little bit, but honestly she is terrible at healing. I am a support player and when someone else picks Brigitte, I roll my eyes and think “Great, another person to babysit”.

Her healing is so bad it feels like you are solo healing. Every once in a while Repair Pack might help, but the cooldown is so long that Brigitte hardly ever has it when it matters…even for a support in the off healer role.

I know Brigitte brings a certain utility for her team and the armor is insanely strong but I still think she could use some work.

I actually think that Brigitte is weaker than Zen and Lucio. I think Discord and Speed Boost are stronger support options.

I don’t think Brigitte is far off from where she should be balance wise to make her a better choice though. Her healing is too low and the stuns are too high.

Inspire is a passive, yet it doesn’t act like a passive. Its something you actively have to think about and make sure you always have it rolling if you can. To me, that is the opposite of a “passive”. However, Inspire is a great concept.

To fix this:

HP

• 200HP (150 HP/50 Armor) down from 250 HP

Barrier Shield

• 400 HP down from 600 HP
  • 150 shield per second, after being down for 2 seconds (up from 100)

Rocket Flail

• 30 damage (down from 35)

Repair Pack

• Cooldown: 4 seconds (down from 6)
  • Healing: 100 health (down from 150 health. Armor unchanged)
  • Range: 40 meters (up from 30)
  • Projectile Speed: 75 (up from 30)

Whip Shot - now has the stun effect (removed from Shield Bash)

• Cooldown: 7 seconds (up from 4)
  • Damage: 80 (up from 70)
  • Projectile Speed: 60 (up from 40)
  • Stun: 0.8 second stun (down from 1)

Shield Bash - now has the knockback effect (removed from Whip Shot)

• Cooldown: 4 seconds (down from 6)
  • Damage: 60 (up from 50)
  • Shield Bash can no longer go through barriers, instead it will connect/damage the enemy barrier

Rally

• Range: 10 meters (up from 8)
  • 20 Armor per 5 seconds (up from 15) 100max per player
  • Speed boost reduced by 50%

Inspire

• Rocket Flail, Repair Pack, Whip Shot and Shield Bash all trigger Inspire
  • Radius: 12 meters (down from 20)

• Note: Hack will stop Inspire in this case

I feel like these changes really make Brigitte feel like a healer that has some tank utility intead of a tank with some support utility. Brigitte on live is balanced backwards IMO.

Brigitte is still one of the most fun support heroes to play. In terms of gameplay, she is great but she doesn’t accomplish the things she should be doing as a support hero. Brigitte should be filling the fantasy of a Holy Paladin. A melee off tank healer.

17 Likes

As a McCree player it has always bothered me that Brigitte has a more reliable stun. Flashbang should be on a 8 second cooldown with a 1 second stun.

But I agree 100% with everything you said about Brigitte. Especially Rally armor only lasting 60 seconds.

6 Likes

She is indeed more of a tank then she is a healer. This does not mean she is unbalanced and means changing. She does not fit the role of a normal support, and thats fine.

Your changes to make her less tank like include nerfing Shield Bash, Whip Shot, Rally none of these abilities are for tanking damage. Her shield is her only real tanking ability and even then doesn’t provide much protection especially against splash damage.

And the changes to her healing capabilities are too low to actually matter. She would still suck as an off healer.

5 Likes

True. But I am not saying that she has to become a main healer. Being off healer is totally fine and her design is very fun to play.

Shield Bash is like a mini Earth Shatter for the stun, Whip Shot is a mini Winston ult knockback and Rally makes the whole team, herself included, more tanky with HP like Hog/DVa…plus her shield. I agree, it isn’t the best shield in the world, but as a healer, she does have a lot of options in terms of mini tank-like abilities.

Those things should be looked at because with how she is right now, its too much.

Also, the constant AoE healing with a 125 heal every 4 second will 100% make a bigger impact over what she can provide right now.

BUT… the only way to know is to throw something like this on the PTR and TEST it. lol.

This is what I want to change. Make her not suck as off-healer but if you buff her healing you need to bring down the utility a little bit to compensate.

1 Like

yeah she shouldnt solo heal, and the shield bash cd is just too short

2 Likes

wish she wouldve stayed in testing longer tbh

1 Like

“Lets nerf everything about a character but what she’s supposed to be doing”
Hopefully this is an April Fools thread.

3 Likes

Honestly, I really like all of these changes except for the Rocket Flail damage buff. That would let her kill an enemy in 5 shots, or 3 seconds, solo, and that isn’t even factoring in the shield bash and whip shot. I would actually lower it to 25 damage. She’s already a tank and a support. Let’s not make her a DPS too.

I would also probably increase her Whip Shot damage to 75, but then increase the cooldown to 7, maybe 8 seconds. She can still do her combo on Tracer (50 + 75 + 25) if she’s quick, but she won’t be taking on all enemies by herself.

not for me, i dont think her whole body should be nerfed but its stupid to thing her shield bash cd should be that short when literally ALL other stuns have lik 8-10 sec cds…THAT SAID. i dont think her whole kit should change. i think she needs some tweaks

To be honest, the only reason why I added this was to make up for some of the nerfs

While i do agree that McCree’s flashbang should be more reliable (like not flying over peoples shoulders, being deflected when it shouldn’t) I think Brigittes stun is justified because she doesnt have the burst damage that McCree has.
Flashbang and FtH is the infamous combo. throw in a roll and FtH again if you want.
Brigitte can stun but then what? Melee and Whipshot but thats only like 155 damage and takes longer than FtH.
only thing i think needs to be changed with the shield bash is the hitbox. maybe the distance traveled, too. It’s way too easy to land.
Unless Brigittes team focuses you when you get stunned, then it doesn’t get as much usefulness.
i could agree on a lower flash cooldown though. maybe a farther roll or something.
a passive would be nice too.
but McCree balance is something that needs it’s own thread.

1 Like

I’m saying your changes wont make her an off healer any better then she is currently. Her utility as pointed out by you is already the worst of all the off healers, with even less healing. So we nerf her utility more and buff her healing but it is still below Zenyatta and Lucio. The changes make her pointless.

If you want Inspire to be more passive and to be better at off healing. Change inspire to be hits with flail heals 12 hp instantly (or nearly) to all players in 20 meters. (Brigitte swings once every 0.6 seconds for a hp/s of 20. Making it below Harmony orb’s 30 and above Lucio’s 16.25. Bringing her inline with other off healers. (However if she hits 3 enemies at once she is above amping lucio with 60 against 48.5) Right now she is out healed by Lucio merely existing. )

The thug with Brigitte is that she doesn’t have much impact in a big team fight, she can take easy 1v1 situations and be very annoying. But zen deals so much dmg and Lucio aoe healing is so good for sustain. Sheild bash 100% needs some kind of nerf but she also needs a buff the her healing or dmg to make her unique and a good off support

1 Like

I agree. Hence the changes that I suggested.

I mean, clearly Blizzard’s idea is that if you have a Brig on your team you want to get in and kill things before they deal damage to you to minimize the amount of healing required. It makes good sense, but i think she actually still does too much healing to have that kind of utility. She should be a high/risk reward brawler with clear weaknesses so she isn’t a must pick in every strat.

I might agree with you, but the first line “I know this is their first try on a support hybrid” seems wrong.
When Zennyatta can deal strong dps, Symmetra and Torb could be considered defense/support. Sombra and Soldier can both support a bit.

I honestly think this is a misconception of what Brigitte is intended for.
She is not a main healer.
If you feel like you’re solo supporting, its probably because your other support also has low healing output like Zen or Lucio.
I would say a support hero with tanking capability, it makes sense for her to have low healing for a support.
That said you definitely should not be picking her if your other support is not a main healer.

This is essentially one big nerf for a hero you refuse to switch for simply because you do not want to learn other heroes

I just feel her impact in most comps is not good and won’t effect the meta, u can play her in new comps but dive is still the strongest comp with zen, Brigitte has no impact on that, her dmg is low she doesn’t have movement. Any good tracer can
avoid Brigitte and her burst is bad.
They should buff her dmg and tweak sheild bash, then she can be a more defensive support that protects back line rather than a front line brawler