How i'd balance the Support Role

Ana should get a small rework, giving her some type of mobility ability

Yes, two melee characters with shields should not work well together because…because why? It’s not like GOATS was based around this kind if synergy at all.

because it was broken. she was the strongest DPS hero in the game when balanced that way.

as a support main,

i commend you, good sir

“Buff healing across the board”? What are you talking about?

the only actual bealung buffs i suggested were for Mercy and technically Baptiste. Moira wouldn’t have higher heals, just be uninhibited by shields again, making her more consistent.

So really the numbers wouldn’t change in a major way. And besides that, the “healing creep” has kind of been necessary to combat the damage creep that has also occured.

I originally had a suggested semi-rework for Mercy in the Original Post, but scrapped it in favor of simple balancing suggestions for her current kit as people seemed to not take too kindly to it.

1 Like

She has no self heal in live.

Nor does she have one on the PTR.

Inspire will heal Bridgette, but only after she uses a melee attack, or (lol) Whip Shot. Without a stronger shield she will never be in a position where;

1. She can actively heal reliably.
  2. Shield Bash to get away, as it is her only mobility option.

No other hero has a button tied to another button. If her Shield breaks, she cannot use Shield Bash and that is a gigantic problem.

She doesn’t have to become a “hybrid” to have at least the same amount of survivability of the other supports. Maybe right now you think she has too much, and I have said multiple times, the only people who think that cannot shoot further then melee range accurately. The shield nerf is vastly too much. With every other change Blizzard could have left her shield alone and she would be the same.

2 Likes

100% agree, the fade thing is an unfortunate loss but it’d be nice to have more than 2 characters in the game who can physically heal through/around shields.

1 Like

At least you’re not as ignorant as most people on the forums who have low playtime on Brigitte…

This would help her climb out of the pit her rework threw her into.

Well Fritz’ee,

I have some time on Bridgette and many hours against her. I never found her even slightly hard to deal with when she was released.

I have no idea how we got to this point. She has always been mediocre at best in my games, but meh, I guess other people have a tough time picking Pharah…or Bastion…or Hanzo…or McCree…

1 Like

or the jump charge holds for longer, like you can pre charge it?

I actually played Brigitte quite a bit on my old account (SiROSTRiKE). I just recently switched from console to PC about a month or two ago and have been having to readjust to the different controls.

On SiROSTRiKE, i was actually an Ana/Sombra main with sides of McCree, Brigitte, and Zarya (and i had all of their golden guns).

I’m sad though that i’ll never get my Noire or Kerrigan Widow skins on Pc though…

I do think it’d be nice to hold onto it for longer, but i think it’s main issue it has at the moment is how clunky and predictable the movement itself is.

I would love to have 60 HPS Mercy back but I think they should test 55 HPS first.

I did the same thing in March. I moved from Console to PC.

I love the PTR with role queue so much that I let my account decay because 2-2-2 is too good to go back.

But Brigitte is WEAK. Like she’s an off brand Zenyatta who has to sit in the mid/backline and pray that she doesn’t get dove… which is weird and pretty tragic, honestly.

2 Likes

The strongest DPS hero? Are you serious? GOATS made her take on a pseudo DPS role but she was never good at it by DPS standards. Honestly I don’t see much point in arguing this with you further if you genuinely believe that sensationalized nonsense. I genuinely think you’re just following the tired rhetoric against the hero, and not thinking critically here.

Ana

• Nerf Bionade. I’m not overly picky on how, though I think the damage, anti-heal, or cooldown would be the best candidates to not dumpster her

Baptiste

• Lower cooldown on Regen Burst to 12 seconds

Brigitte

• Move her out of the support category and make her a tank…

Lucio

• Revert GOATS nerfs to him

Zenyatta

• Allow him to walk (srsly, pls Blizzo)
  • Actually he’s fine, no changes

Moira

• Heal through barriers would be nice
  • Maybe some light anti-healing tied to Damage Orb and Coalescence

Mercy

• Move her out of the support category and into DPS… (kidding)
  • Actually tho, scrap E Rez, move Valk to her E (with appropriate balancing changes) or delete it, bump her to 60 HPS or provide her with a burst heal, give her a new ult

For Ana, I’d have offensive assists be shown instead of defensive assists to see how many sleep darts and anti-nades were actually useful for teammates to get elims. But I agree, she is in a good spot right now other than that.

Baptiste needs work. He’s better with increased healing ammo and longer ultimate duration but still needs improvements. I agree he needs a shorter cool down but his Regen Burst needs to heal more. I’d lower duration to 3 seconds so that it does 50 hps. It’s called Regen Burst so it should provide short burst healing!

I agree with everything you say about Brigitte. She needs her shield hp to be at least 300. 200 is pathetic. She needs her self-healing buffed so that she has some tankiness to actually use inspire for healing teammates.

Lucio, I’d revert recent nerf. Only reason why it got nerfed in the first place was because of GOATs but now it is impossible to run it, so why not revert his speed nerf? At least the speed boost should be back to 30%. Amp It Up speed boost is fine at 50%.

For Zen, I think his discord should be reverted back to 30%. Not a big deal if it doesn’t though.

I agree with you for Moira. She lacks utility, so why not give her the “utility” of being able to heal pass enemy barriers?

For Mercy, she needs her beam to not break upon activating ultimate. That is the biggest thing that bothers me most about Mercy right now. Beam doesn’t break when Valkyrie ends (as long as you are within range) but why does it break when activating it??? 60 hps outside of Valkyrie would be nice but I doubt the devs would do that.

you are the one talking about playing her as a dps dude. that is what a frontline brigitte is. just because she was also healing her team doesn’t change that. it just means she was so broken that they had to create 2-2-2 to fix it.

a frontline DPS who has a shield, self heal, aoe heal, and burst heal is more value than any dps could provide. they nerfed all tanks and buffed buffed all the dps to end goats meta and they still just ran her anyway.

before role lock the meta was orisa/hamster - pharah - sombra - brigitte - ana - mercy.

lets talk about why that was strong. was it because of AoE heal stacking? maybe it was because of lucio speed. or zarya’s damage. or rein’s damage. maybe it was because of the tank CD synergy. maybe it was to counter one shots.

you notice the commonality between those picks? they all counter brigitte, or can avoid her.

Moira needs utility though not more healing. It’s been suggested a few times and I would like to see an anti applied to her damage. Make it so that while she’s latched on to you with alt fire (maybe orb) you can’t be healed. It won’t linger once her damage stops but it makes Moira like an anti-pocket.

So if there’s a support/damage combo that’s oppressing your team go Moira to cancel it out. This also has the added benefit of making Ana less of a required pick without actually nerfing her kit, and sleep still gets to be a unique utility for her.

if we want moira to be strong, she needs to be more difficult to play also. and thats fine. fade is a cool mechanic. her kit feels fluid and dynamic. but a hero that easy cant be strong above plat and call the game competitive.

Inspire heals Brigitte, too. One would think everyone gets this logical assumption.

I won’t bother reading the rest because it’s explaining something that doesn’t need to be explained.