Honestly looks like they deleted Orisa

She’s getting a new primary fire with a new mechanic, 3 abilities including her ult are gone for things that aren’t even remotely similar, and her one remaining ability is heavily modified and was honestly the most un-iconic aspect of her kit in the first place.

This isn’t a rage post of “NOOO!!!” The stuff looks cool. It’s an interesting tank kit. But a part of me wonders why they had to put it on Orisa instead of just making a new hero.

It seems that at least a few aspects of Orisa’s kit (Halt, Supercharger) could’ve fit into the game. Even “Barrier tank” doesn’t seem to be incompatabile with OW2. So it leaves me wondering why they chose to essentially delete her instead of giving us a new hero with this kit and actually reworking her instead.

If they had a hero reveal with different art and this exact kit (changing the name of "Fortify), I bet literally no one would’ve said, “Oh, this is just Orisa!”

Maybe they came to the opinion that the whole kit was just fundamentally bad and ditched it, and “reworking” her was their way of not directly deleting her.

Curious as to what people think.

40 Likes

No, you’re right. They did delete her. I like her new kit tho.

I guess what I want to see is if she can still do a bunker type playstyle or will she be more like rein.

9 Likes

Maybe current Orisa proves to be unfun to play as/play with in OW2’s environment.

13 Likes

Because as the devs have stated multiple times.
They want less barriers in the game, and make the game play faster, and more offensive.
Yet people dont listen to the things they say. Even in this new info they said this…

"Orisa underwent the opposite. The team noticed that she struggled with brawling and toe-to-toe engagements, so we had to adapt her into the future of the game."

This is the vision for all heroes and the game. How many times do they have to say this.

16 Likes

I don’t mind it, Orisa is fun and all but this new Orisa sounds even more fun

Instead of being a stoic frontline boulder, you’re a bull charging in and wiping people out without flinching

20 Likes

It’s certainly better than having a fat Roadhog as barrier, but they have to increase her HP by a lot now that she’s so offensive.
She gets deleted quickly currently and her head is fat, the Fortify alone can’t compensate for that.
They did say they increased her HP, but how much?

1 Like

Boooooo! Booo Blizzard, booooo!

Your rework is bad and you should feel bad!

2 Likes

Disagree

1 Like

I wonder if there will be an in-lore explanation for her total retrofit. I hope so.

Bunker playstyle is gone. Maybe people will finally learn the concept of hugging corners :rofl:

8 Likes

Honestly, I’m mad excited lol. Now I can fight instead of hoping a rein dies before he gets close to me. Being unchained from halt spam seems kind of freeing too.

I love Orisa, but I was secretly hoping for changes like this.

6 Likes

Because current Orisa has no place in OW2. Simple as that. They will all be brawlers and Orisa is even now very passive compared to other tanks.

I welcome the change with open arms!

6 Likes

Or you know, they could actually play aggressively and engage in fights rather than be timid and super defensive, always trying to hide in some way.

8 Likes

Hitscan and snipers having free reign to spam with shields going away agreed with this post.

4 Likes

To be fair I really think current Orisa would end up feeling absolutely terrible for 5v5 and she probably did need kind of an entire overhaul to fit in with the new game. Not only that though, more importantly, to make her more fun. I actually enjoy Orisa, she’s one of the first heroes I ever played in the game and was the first tank I ever tried. I’ll admit her kit was kinda boring but I enjoyed it nonetheless. But I feel like this rework is going to make her a lot more fun - a lot more viable - and really engaging to play. But we’re going to have to wait and see how good it is.

I’ll admit, I’m probably more excited to play Orisa/Tank in general than I am to play support - the role that I main.

2 Likes

They have already reduced barriers by weakening them and only allowing one per team. It doesn’t really make sense that Rein can keep his barrier but Orisa losses hers. The point is that they don’t stack anymore

9 Likes

I LOVE THIS REWORK SO MUCH!!!

I genuinely cannot wait to try her out. I’ve said it countless times now, but Orisa is one of my favourite if not THE character I love the most in the game in terms of character design, lore, personality, everything. Even if I like her current kit, I really am looking forward this new rework.

I’m DEFINITELY gonna main her. Best part about it is now there only is one Tank, which might sound really selfish but at least I’m sure to always get to play her! I cannot wait to see her in action.

I hope they do release one of these videos like they did for Bastion and Sombra showcasing her rework. Same for Doomfist!

5 Likes

The difference with Rein is that his whole design revolves around his shield.
Orissa in OW1 has a primary fire and her barrier is an ability. Reins primary is his shield.

I just don’t think current Orisa could size up to the ideals of an OW2 Tank without being blatantly busted.

1 Like

No. Reins primary is swinging his hammer

Unironically so did Orisa. They reworked her but left Rein alone though. The question basically falls into why does Orisa get the rework treatment but not Rein. It’s not because they want “less shields”.

6 Likes