Has Jeff given up on mercy?

yawn you’re just getting so boring by attempting to assert your dominance using big words and trying to belittle my opinion based entirely on facts and logical inferences by referring to them as ‘feelings’ - you really intimidate me, thanks.

But in conclusion, I have said everything I wish to say, If you can’t even understand the perspective even if you don’t agree with the premise then I don’t know why you bother initiating conversations with anyone on the forums.

1 Like

The devs seem to have given up on a former hero. You cant really call Mercy anything besides a sidekick anymore. She only exist to enable others and with valk she will never be able to be more than that. Sad story but they dont care.

Edit: Also here is a thread for another rework.

Ahahaha, asserting dominace using big words. I’m sorry some words go over your head, that’s not really an issue with me unfortunately. “You really indimate me” - :rofl: The level of drama is surreal.

Except you yourself admit it and here’s a quote to support it.

rant/
speak or shout at length in an angry, impassioned way.

Again, nice personal attacks and projections but facts and empirical evidence are more relevant than feelings. Also you are the one engaging me in a debate - you lost so I don’t understand why you keep coming back for more? Your attempts at character assassination are just bad. Don’t engage in debate if you can’t back up your claims with something more substantial than touchy feelings.

The fun in playing Mercy before her failed rework was strategy. It’s a highly underrated skill, but it’s what made Mercy so engaging and fun. Only an idiot would play Mercy brainlessly. An actual Mercy player is constantly thinking, watching, planning on the fly.

Since it was easy for Resurrect to be countered if even ONE enemy teammate was smart, she had to learn to plan ahead two steps of her enemy, and punish enemy team that had poor strategy and poor ult economy.

2 Likes

Definition of Mercy: A hard to swallow pill that persists within the mouth of some OW players for a year or more.

So… Mercy fills a huge role that’s almost as mandatory as an anchor tank
Her only competition was one of the highest skill floors in the game
That hero also got nerfed into the ground with her counters making up the meta even if not executed perfectly

And somehow Mercy was able to thrive while the Pro’s considered her F tier.

Huh
Perhaps just perhaps it wasn’t a problem with Mercy?

2 Likes

Definition of Mercy
A failure that Blizzard is too prideful to get off their butts and change with 1.0 or 3.0

3 Likes

Just say whatever helps you sleep at night.

Time will tell the truth.

Uhm no? Impossible to make comparison first of all and second an anchor tank isn’t mandatory as evident from the popularity of dive.

At the time, yes.

For a time the Pros did consider her sub-optimal, yes. When you have perfect mechanical skill, Ana and Zen are better options. The large majority of players don’t.

I don’t understand what your point is based on the disjointed statements you make.

The issue with Mercy was that her kit all-around was substantially better than any of the other supports.

My sleep is unaffected by the state of the balance of a character in a video game. :joy:

Mercy’s kit from 1.0 was not beter then the other supports though, well except Ana post nerf

Let’s see:

Zen - 150hp poor Zen that could get one-shotted from a body shot by Widowmaker. Bursted instantly by any decent Tracer/Genji. Off-healer, cannot even make a comparison in terms of healing.

Lucio - Decent in the right hands and definitely a good pick but just didn’t cut it compared to mass rez. Even less of a good choice after the aura was given short range.

Symmetra - do I even need to go there?

Ana - only if you had good mechanical skill. If not, then no by a long shot. Also easily divable and killed by flankers. Same issue like Zen.

So I dunno what you are talking about mate.

Not just Mercy, whole of Overwatch tbh.

Once again, she was NEVER a must pick until the rework. No one has ever said otherwise until the past month or so, and I can only greatly question their memories. Or if they even played the game since launch. Beta, even.

And why would I need to address the rest of your post when the rest of it is based on something that simply isn’t true?

Do I really need to remind you that 1) Mercy has ALWAYS been a popular character, and people played her despite her state and 2) Mercy was one of THREE healers before Ana, so yeah, she, Zen, and Lucio were all going to be picked a fair amount. And clearly you’re neglecting the fact that Mercy received several buffs since launch to help her keep up with the other healers.

2 Likes

Go read any of Titanium’s threads. There. That’s your answer. Have fun.

Also, go read my response earlier in this thread. But Titanium breaks it down even further and more eloquently.

Hahahahahaha hehehhe hohoho. The only true part of that statement was that Blizzard didn’t like it. For goodness’ sake dude. Read the Mercy mega THREADS. Most people thought 2.0 was spawn of the devil and wanted mass rez back and were horrified something so insane got through the PTR.

While there were and remain many who did not like it, it was not an “overwhelming majority” that’s just funny. Troll harder dude.

Agreed. 2.0 is bland. She needs an overhaul.

So you ramble off reasons as to why the other healers were UP
Okay so Mercy’s kit outhined them and I was wrong in that statement, but does that make it a Mercy problem? There’s a reason the pro’s ran Lucio Zen and that was the dominant pick in the top 1%

The only fun mercy players still get to have is movement. Inb4 they cut down her guardian angel movement as well because we can’t have nice things.

Ressing is not fun, it’s braindead and only in very rare cases where you get off a risky ress jack dab in middle of the fight due to your own awareness is fun and rewarding. Otherwise it’s an ability that crucifies mercy for mediocrity, being superior to quite many other support utilities.

Guardian angeling around with bunny hop is fun. They nerfed this ability by 17% since you need to spend so much more time healing teammates and thus, slowed down. Your teammates won’t spread out enough for it to be useful anyway because they are not healed fast enough to start moving around.

Triaging is fun. It’s not fun to triage when one hanzo on enemy team makes triaging pointless with your pathetic, supposedly main healer heals when other main healers can muster 30+ hps more than you do. Healing high amounts is more important during damage intake than it is during low damage intake or between fights and Mercy got cut off from that category of average healing.

Damage boosting at the right moments to get crucial picks is fun. Not anymore because you gotta have your mouse glued to M1 button since otherwise your team just dies. You can’t even afford to damage boost anymore.

Valkyrie is as we know, spectator mode which has become even worse in actually keeping your team up.

Ressing is still unreliable ability that is prone to get the mercy player killed still, but it is apparently warranted to be on ability button instead of ultimate to leech Mercy’s core kit of it’s power so the hero becomes a M1 and Ressbot since you can’t afford to do any other things anymore.

Mercy does not do enough to warrant main healer spot anymore, yet she cannot compete with lucio and zen for offhealer spot. She’s already dropped hard in GM, she will only continue dropping once people figure out that if you actually peel for your Ana, their kit is insanely strong still if they can hit their shots.

The rest of us soloqueuers who don’t find it within themselves to play Ana at GM level as our aim is not impeccable enough for all the squishy mobile dps players in QP but like to flex as the main healer, we’re just unfortunately screwed. But it’s not like Ana is a good solohealer anyway, mercy used to be. Now you can piss on 2 tanks as much as you want and Hanzo uses one cooldown and you’re spending rest of the match pressing down mouse 1. Mercy was supposed to have other jobs like damage boosting but hey… I guess devs are fine the way mercy has been gutted, so long as resurrection remains.

I would gladly trade my 10hps for ress btw. Ress is just not worth it, keeping teammates up is. And yet it’s such an iconic ability of mercy that it would be sad to see it go. Therefore it should become her ultimate again.

Oh and btw, you guys can prepare yourselves for a Pharah buff. Because pharmercy got nerfed and they will want Pharah to become strong again, in the face of the hitscan dps buffs.

The dps powercreep continues on and strong as healers continue to lag behind with token buffs.

2 Likes

1 Like

Not neglecting anything mate. Mercy has always been the to-go choice for a support for now 11 seasons. The only time and place she wasn’t was in dive meta which was only executed properly at the highest competitive tiers for a very small percent of the player base. You can close your eyes and ears but unfortunately statistics and numbers don’t lie and provide a clear picture, not touchy feelings or abstract things that are not measurable like “fun”. Fun is subjective. Mercy has always been the best solo single target healer with the most amount of utility/consistence and the least amount of skill required. That’s an objective fact and you know it.

“Can’t defend my own points so uhm go read this other dude.” :grinning:

The small #Revert Mercy cult and echo chamber is not a representative of the OW community, not by a long shot. Not even close. You can attempt character assassination and personal attacks but numbers don’t lie. :grinning:

Yes, when one character is clearly better than everyone else, it is her problem. It’s easier to tune down one character than it is to bring up everyone else. More variables change and more things can break. This is a logical thought process.