Has Jeff given up on mercy?

Mercy is incredibly boring now coming from a former mercy main, it’s obvious the mercy spam and the summer games has taken over the forums, yet we still don’t get some sort of a reply, have the Devs given up on the forums? Do they just want mercy to appear “balanced” when in reality she’s a chore the play? When will the overwatch team stop being so stubborn and admit to their mistakes.

53 Likes

I mean, wasn’t revert Mercy basically doing nothing but heal with the occasional damage boost during the midfight?

Isn’t heal, damage boost, and rez, more variety?

Also that GA bunny hop is really really fun.

22 Likes

I’m confused. Most people usually ask for another rework.

2 Likes

Funny because I find playing Mercy incredibly fun, not to discredit your point, it’s just that I can’t see her feeling like a chore.

12 Likes

Yes they gave up trying to make you understand that Mercy is an incredibly strong hero and your pleas for a revert are completely based on nostalgia, the only mistake they should admit is allowing you to ask for a revert over and over again

12 Likes

I understand everyone has their own opinion, but the revert Mercy has gotten cultish. The spam is insane, and if I were Jeff (or any dev) I would have given up on the forums a long time ago.

17 Likes

Well, I think all they really need to do is find some way to make single rez feel “emotionally better”.

Probably by making it less frequent, but faster.

1 Like

Or we can just scrap the whole idea and save us a lot of time by not reiterating a version of Mercy that has been given 11 nerfs and is still overpowered. But hey! Opinion is opinion.

2 Likes

I mean, wasn’t revert Mercy basically doing nothing but heal with the occasional damage boost during the midfight?

It was.

I didn’t liked It at all. The pre-rework Mercy was super boring for me, and for tons of people as well.

Despite that, I can totally understand why so many people are not liking / enjoying the current Mercy.

They liked her playstyle, which is different now. They didn’t signed for this, noone asked for Mercy rework, and now they’re mad.

I also think, that the new Mercy is much more enjoying to play. But who I am to talk about this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yea, it’s the one argument Mercy mains make that I don’t get. The current Mercy has the exact same kit that old Mercy had, PLUS bunny hope and an E ability.

I guess the argument is that with Mass Rez you could be a “playmaker”, but making a “play” was just pressing Shift + Q when 2 or more of your teammates died.

5 Likes

Well as I’ve said before, current average rez is about 6 per game, with a high of 8.

If they could reduce that average down to 4-5 per game, but make it an instant or near instant cast Rez, then it would “feel” a lot better, while being about the same balance power.

Okay. I have a question. Do you just wait around everyday for another Mercy thread just so you can call their POV wrong and tell them that your OPINION is right?

9 Likes

yes

4 Likes

Okay

5 Likes

Tbh I just want a mercy 3.0 that doesn’t need 11 nerfs to feel balanced.

5 Likes

Variety perhaps, challenging; no… They made Mercy gradually easier to play and they lowered her skill-ceiling a lot, which made her boring to play. I made a thread about it here: They keep making Mercy easier (and less fun) to play by nerfing her

9 Likes

Mercy is fine and she is balanced. They already replied to you some months back. They are not going to make your hero OP again. If she is incredibly boring, play something else - no one forces you to play Mercy. Fun is subjective and it has no merit when talking about balance.

That’s the most out of touch with reality post I’ve seen in a long time. They increased her skill floor by actually making it possible to counter rez. Pressin Q for 5 people rez wasn’t particularly hard to do. :rofl: What game are you playing?

4 Likes

I think that is exactly what people have been doing, but people have been forced to play Mercy because she’s been OP. So, balancing her with the other support heroes is good. Making a hero in a game boring is bad game design. They need to bring some of the decision making back to Mercy’s playstyle, and this doesn’t have to make her more powerful, but they lowered Mercy’s skill-ceiling to the point where she’s not fun: They keep making Mercy easier (and less fun) to play by nerfing her

I’d rather have the troll-pick, underpowered, 1.0 Mercy as opposed to the OP Valk they reworked her into.

10 Likes

Getting rez off isn’t difficult, not even with a cast-timer. It’s just inconvenient.

Well, pressing Q to rez wasn’t hard. But keeping track of enemy ultimates or baiting them out to make sure your team didn’t instantly die again after rezzing them was challenging. But if you only considered Mercy 1.x to be about press q to rez I guess you never saw that dimension of her playstyle.

13 Likes