Hanzo is a sniper - rebalance him into one

before the rework hanzo was the ONLY hero that had a negative winrate ON EVERY RANK…

he clearly was not successful on the sniper role.

3 Likes

Contesting Widow with damage fall off? ayyy

Interesting video. I just want to point out that the interactions displayed there are intentional and consistent with other characters, in particular Roadhog’s Take a Breather animation provides similar headshot protection. I’d like to see if Widowmaker and Ana’s scoped in view has any impact on their headshot hitbox, I suspect they both do.

My suggestion for Hanzo is pretty much to go in the other direction. I would drastically reduce his arrow speed to something below his release levels. The intent would be to make him significantly less effective at long range and force him to stick to close-mid range for kills. I think it’s a much better fit for him than giving him damage falloff, though it serves the same purpose.

1 Like

Sure, Widow is better than Hanzo at extreme ranges. Hanzo is a close #2 in that category.

Every other range Hanzo is pretty much #1. Storm arrow, his mobility, lunge, no fall off, faster arrow speed, all helps in mid-close ranges. There’s a reason he’s WAY above every other DPS hero in pickrate at the top tier.

He is too strong at any given range. And people concerned about him losing his ability to contest Widow? If he could do that he’d have no downside whatsoever.

Stopped reading here, sorry. Hanzo literally has the smallest hitbox for his projectile, stop using meme’s as fact.

3 Likes

Doesn’t mean they aren’t generously big.

3 Likes

If you actually watch that whole video instead of cherry pick just Hanzo from it, you’ll notice that even hit scan characters are granted a buffer zone on enemy hitboxes, and a healthy amount of the roster has an even easier time landing hits with their projectiles. Should we riot over those heros hitboxes too then?

I don’t even play Hanzo, i’m just tired of people using dated or outright incorrect information to fuel a narrative.

4 Likes

Hitscan hitboxes are noticeably smaller than Hanzo’s projectile hitboxes; in addition, aside from widow, they don’t one shot.

3 Likes

Yes, Hanzo’s arrows hitbox are indeed noticeably smaller. That isn’t up for debate, it isn’t an argument, it’s straight up fact. The additional buffer zone that people tend to complain about has nothing to do with his arrow’s, and is in fact apart of the player models.

um no hitscan hit boxes are noticeably smaller than Hanzo’s projectile… I thought it was obvious what I was referring to. I’ll edit it to make it easier for you.

its sad how an op hero like hanzo is the only reliable counter to brig, proving that shes also op.
once hanzo is nerfed, she’ll rise from number 7 in gm again
(wow, so terrible, shes 7th in gm right now and in the top everywhere else)

i understand why hanzo was buffed

but why the hell was his arrow speed increased? what was the purpose of having him hit more shots when that wasn’t even his issue

storm arrows and lunge was more than enough for his buff he didn’t need speed increase imo

remove that he will not feel like a hitscan

I was being facetious. Hit scan weapons also don’t have hitboxes, they are generally ray casted. Instead they are granted additional breathing room on player models. Not to mention in my original post I reference that almost every other projectile hero has a larger projectile hit box, which you conveniently have ignored.

2 Likes

other projectile heroes have slower moving projectiles, they also don’t one shot.

The hitbox on his projectile was balanced before the speed buff on his arrows. The speed buff made no sense to me at all.

1 Like

I also wasn’t discussing the potential to one shot or not, I was merely commenting on the false claim that Hanzo has a generous projectile hit box, as he doesn’t, because it’s literally the smallest.

It’s hard for me to believe that people can actually believe Hanzo isn’t overtuned right now. I mean you gotta land shots and such to get value, you can’t just hold down M1 and W while looking in people’s general direction (THANK GOD FOR THAT), but he is CLEARLY overtuned when compared to any other DPS hero.

Other projectile heroes have higher fire rates and their damage isn’t gated by charging.

3 Likes

being the smallest doesn’t mean it isn’t generous.

With the speed of his projectile, and the ability to one shot. It is actually pretty generous.

1 Like

Hanzo is was less of a sniper now. Some of the storm arrows can miss and he still get picks with them. In the same patch as the storm arrows one they nerfed Tracer’s ult saying it was too good at killing tanks. What has storm arrow been doing to tanks?

1 Like