Hanzo is a sniper - rebalance him into one

Skirmisher to me is defined by mobility and suppressive fire potential. McCree doesn’t fit the bill, but he is a duelist. Soldier on the other hand does fall into the skirmisher category in all regards.

What a solid argumentation.

He isn’t referred as a sniper anymore. Hanzo is not a sniper.

4 Likes

hanzo never has been sniper

2 Likes

Who are you to say what Hanzo is meant to be?

Even if he had damage fall off it wouldn’t matter for him. It would just make Widowmaker even harder to counter.

2 Likes

I mean really, do you call people who use bows IRL snipers?

Alright, let’s give Hanzo Damage Falloff then.

You’re making it sound like Widowmaker is an extremely hard to counter Hero and that Hanzo is her most reliable counter.

2 Likes

if Hanzo isn’t a sniper, then he should not have a one shot primary fire. You can’t have the best of both worlds.

9 Likes

As a matter of fact, it’s the same word in my mother tongue.
But that’s just quibbling anyway.

And tracer is a flanker why she have this insane high damage?

3 Likes

The only counter Widow has it’s another Widowmaker. It is known.

I meant it would be even harder to pressure Widowmaker. Atleast the threat of Hanzo one shotting her even by luck it’s still there.

Totally agree OP.

Hanzo is considered a sniper (like Widow) and yet can completely melt anyone that goes near him in melee range with Storm Arrows.

Let’s give Reaper a long-range shotgun blast by the same logic Blizz?

1 Like

The closest thing a bow user could ever be to a sniper is a longbowman/greatbowman because of how they have to pick a spot to shoot from. Typically archers with shortbows like with what Hanzo uses, are able to be far more mobile and place far more quick shots onto targets, much like Hanzo.

Why give him the damage of a “great bowman” then, reduce the primary fire damage to 80 and sure I can agree with you. Otherwise balance him as a sniper which is what the game describes him as.

?
My suggested fixes are not in favor of changing his long range capabilities, it would still allow him to contest Widow

“Hanzo isn’t a sniper!”

Walks out of spawn dying from one hit by a Hanzo across the zone

K

8 Likes

before the rework hanzo was the ONLY hero that had a negative winrate ON EVERY RANK…

he clearly was not successful on the sniper role.

3 Likes

Contesting Widow with damage fall off? ayyy

Interesting video. I just want to point out that the interactions displayed there are intentional and consistent with other characters, in particular Roadhog’s Take a Breather animation provides similar headshot protection. I’d like to see if Widowmaker and Ana’s scoped in view has any impact on their headshot hitbox, I suspect they both do.

My suggestion for Hanzo is pretty much to go in the other direction. I would drastically reduce his arrow speed to something below his release levels. The intent would be to make him significantly less effective at long range and force him to stick to close-mid range for kills. I think it’s a much better fit for him than giving him damage falloff, though it serves the same purpose.

1 Like