Hanzo is a sniper - rebalance him into one

They try to make him more consistence and MORE aim required with storm arrow than before, the scatter 1 shot (Even tho, I like scatter better). Storm arrow is WAAAY too consistence atm especially on no shield tank which really boost his ult charge fast since you can hs with it. Lunge make him harder to be killed unless you play mobile heroes or splash damage heroes.

I understand where dev coming, they want to reward those who can aim and buff him better than before. Just they over"buff" him.

Yeah I just see storm arrow making him overperform in ways he shouldn’t. He’s a monster at mid range, while also having the ability to 1 shot you from long range. It’s more consistent, applicable, and less punishable than scatter in some ways. If you get dived by multiple people with scatter you’d have a chance to deal huge damage to one of them. 1 shot chance. Storm arrow you can adjust to the situation, focus softer target, etc. Multiple chances of good value.

He is a sniper except he is not a sniper because he has never played like a sniper but the game thinks he’s a sniper so therefore people think he’s a sniper.

you may have multiple chances, but you have to be a good aim player to get the good value out of those storm arrows. Which is why he’s insane on good hand player. Decrease his storm arrow ammo should also decrease those chance, make player more precise than spamming and lower the ult charge speed as well.

Nah imo. He’s not really a sniper…he’s hard to kill a long range target except for widow (Sometimes I even struggle to find widow to pick cuz I couldn’t see her). He’s always have been play in mid range like mccree and soldier. I don’t really get the point of what people say he’s sniper just because game says so.

1 Like

he’s a guy that can insta kill most people at most distances.

So yeah that should be limited to just sniper distance.

1 Like

He’s always been like that even before new hanzo. I don’t see any problem with that, he has to charge and be precise about his aim with projectile speed.

ok,

said he needs to be set a longer distance.

maybe give him reverse fall off damage,
teh further he is the more damage he does, but if he’s like right up in ur face he should only do like a hundred damag.

I 100% agree with 2! I think that would be a really good addition to Hanzo and give him the ‘sniper’ feel

you wanted to say “any projectile” and forgot to mention that hanzo was the only hero who did not get the 33% shrinkage on projectiles reverted

Aren’t you forgetting about Mei?

Hanzo arrows are tied for smallest projectile hitbox in the game, along with genji shuriken. It kinda irks me when people say they’re huge, so yeah.

Btw, agree that hanzo totally op

Just give him a wazikashi in order to compensate. 60 damage per swing, 1.5 swings/second, doesn’t cleave like other melee weapons. Works perfectly with his lunge. Max damage at close range with his bow should be 75 without headshots.

As a sniper by blood… for many years…

Hanzo really does not feel like a sniper. Whatsoever.

He’s currently a frontline kind of ‘assault’ DPS. Gives me nightmares of the DMR from Halo 3. He didn’t particularly feel like a sniper before Storm Arrows, either, but that was mainly because his primary fire was never tuned correctly- I’d love to see OP’s changes implemented. One can dream.

I’m sorry… Did you just say Ana wasn’t dangerous because she’s a support?.. That’s a very strong accusation you got there. Not saying that all Ana’s are league level, but there are those that master her and become stupid scary even in close range.

I STRONGLY disagree because a great Ana cannot only deal with people trying to dive her (Sleep Dart, or if squishy, nade and then duel assuming she’s accurate), but can also 3 piece a squishy if accurate or weaken a tank or even duel/scare a widow while healing her team.

Also, I’d like to point out that never once have I thought that Hanzo should be nerfed. Everyone wants to play the “Oh lets nerf/buff this hero” game and not the “Hey maybe I should practice more in FFA so I know how to counter him and get used to playing against his/her new play style” game.

So…
0) Widow is a sniper, Hanzo is a designated marksman (close range support sniper). Using an in-game title as justification otherwise shows great misunderstanding of both roles.

1. Both Widow & Hanzo must power up their shots to prevent full power quick shots.
  2. Both Widow & Hanzo have a wall-hack ability. Hanzo’s is used more but also more localised.
  3. Both Widow & Hanzo have a flee ability. Widow’s is quite far while Hanzo may only dodge very short range.
  4. Widow has a scope, hit-scan & no drop-off. Hanzo has no scope, has projectile drop-off.
  5. Widow can augment her short range damage with a trap but her machine-gun isn’t on a cooldown. Hanzo used to have a long range “easy kill” with the scatter-shot plus wall-hack, he can now only melt a face just as easily if in short range & with Storm + Leap available.

The Dragonstrike is a bit too quick to draw.
Storm Arrow is a bit powerful due to spamming for easy short range kills while adding relatively high & consistent damage to pacers across most sight lines.
Forward leaps are what is needed to speed up pathfinding for a Hanzo player to get into position, use guile around corners skirmishes & have that flanker defensive option.

Dragonstrike can be slowed in startup by just a smidge to allow for more awareness in the short ranges Hanzo excels at.
Storm Arrow’s RoF can be slowed but that will only require more skill for the “cheap use” tactics.

A possible fix for Storm is to give it more utility use against shields & armour. If there’s no shields on a target, have the arrows bypass armour & damage health directly but with less damage than a regular quick-draw shot. If there are shields, have it do as much damage as a 75% drawn shot, no damage bleed to health until shields are down.
This results in target prioritizing & team assistance to shielded opponents while increasing the value of spammed headshots.
There’s still potential to single-use kill most individual targets but the skill required is much greater than McCree’s Flashing Fingers.

lmao, no.
The lack of a damage falloff for Hanzo speaks for him being a sniper. I never said that as a bad thing, i’d prefer him to be a sniper and i thought my suggested changes clearly speak for themselves. Now that obviously isn’t up to me but to Blizzard, but:
If Blizzard says that Hanzo is a sniper - which is my understanding of this hero - then he should be rebalanced into one.
But if Blizzard decides that he isn’t a Sniper - and that’s what you claim - then give him a limited effective range (yes, damage falloff)

Hanzo a archer with a bow. Their are only two snipers in this game ana and widow.

Hanzo was apparently the next in line for the same treatment as Junkrat and Mercy- Overbuffed probabaly soon to be followed w/ nerf after nerf until they are basically where they began(With a few changes)

Hanzo is more dangerous than Junkrat in close quarters.

1 Like