GUIDE: How to instantly rank up from bronze 5 to diamond 1

This is Overwatch, the game where people turn the game sounds off then play with music as loud as they can then wonder why that Junkrat keeps coming up behind them and getting kills.

Which is unfortunately only a recent issue, in OW1 the sound design was completely fine most of the time unless both teams were spamming ults.

1 Like

Nah, the sound is fine. People are just oblivious.

yeah in all my years playing ow, it’s really rare for anything to happen with the sound, and footsteps have always been pretty obvious.

If I don’t turn around, it’s because im dealing with something else more threatening in the front, but will turn around to help peel in most cases.
However, to see most people said they “can’t hear” because of some audio error is certainly shocking, time to buy a new headset maybe?

ps: im a cowboy main so watching the backline has been mostly my job until ow2.

1 Like

The same argument works against you. Just because your machine has the problem, it doesn’t mean everyone has.

they are just finding excuses for ridiculous arguments.

Enough people do, overwatches sound stack is FAMOUSLY glitchy.

You know the kiriko rap? it doesn’t play at all. It isn’t a new headphone thing, it is some sounds literally don’t play, and there have been threads around it for YEARS.

Threads about it from heaps of people for YEARS. You have got comments in this thread about how glitchy it is from more than one person.

etc

etc

etc

Overwatches sound system is FAMOUSLY BUGGY. There have been unending threads on the support forums over certain sounds not playing, it is a well known issue for the game.

Just because you don’t spend time helping people on the support forums and thus don’t see how often the problem happens, it doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen.

Ever try to listen for a Reaper when there’s a rugby scrum on the point?

It’s impossible, particularly when you’re in the middle of that aural vomit pond with no life vest.

1 Like

Nope.

How do you know the number of people? As far as I know, EVERY master and grandmaster plays with headphones for sure. But you are just telling me things taken out of nowhere.

So what? Give up a competitive advantage because you can’t hear Kiriko’s rap?

Same question as above.

Again, the same question.

What part of the sound stack not having anything to do with headphones do you not understand?

No, I USED headphones, but I am pointing out that you can’t hear something which the sound stack doesn’t play, and that Overwatch’s sound stack is famously flakey, so plenty of people have issues with it.

Same answer as above.

Again same answer.

I don’t understand why you have decided to die on the “Blizzard’s sound stack is perfect, even though there is a lot of evidence that it isn’t” hill.

Is it too hard for you to understand that if a sounds DOES NOT PLAY, you won’t be able to pinpoint it’s location, and that the sounds stack isn’t perfect?

2 Likes

Or, you know, he may have taken out of his headphones in the process. Which is more likely than having the game magically switching sides.

And it is very common for this to happen because I had it many times and every time this was the cause of the issue.

Sorry but it just simply doesn’t work sometimes. Reaper getting close to me with 0 sound is not rare, same with pharah.

I play with deafening level of volume just to be able to hear these movement noises, and usually it’s up to me in the team to call them out. Unfortunately I’ve failed quite often not because of me but because of game deciding to delete sound queues by chance.

As someone who would try to peel, I found keeping track of the enemy team comp, who would be likely to flank, and when they would do it to be far more reliable than footsteps.

But either way I hyper focus on something and something goes wrong eventually lol

You are telling me that headphones are useless because some sounds are buggy. It’s an absurd.

Okay, so what?

It’s not perfect, but it’s not possible to turn of the sounds and then complain about being hard stuck.

Again, so what? What are you proving here? Is it enough to give up on the headphones for you?

Probably because they are crouching.

Yes, replay would show them as not crouching but please just assume the game is not buggy after so many people proved it to be and it having a history of being buggy.

2 Likes

Havent had any issues… and im on console, which is apparently inferior

1 Like

Where did I saw that?

No, where did I say that?

I meantioned that overwatches sound stack was buggy, and you lose it at me for doing so.

Exactly

I am not saying it’s not buggy, I am saying that crouching is reducing the sound. And pharah flying sound is not quite clear. And also, people without headphones complaining about sound quality, it’s just ridiculous…

Then what are you proving here? Why are you here?

I am just asking simple questions, and you are failing to answer.

Some sounds are buggy, you discovered America, so what? How does that change the fact that some morons on gold and lower ranks play without headphones or without sounds at all? Or if you are so unhappy with the sound, which is 100% playing all the time, then why would anyone play competitive then? Why millions of people are not complaining about it, and it’s only you bunch of 5 people?

I was just mentioning it was buggy, and not all sounds play.

Oh? simple questions like

when I said,

Yeah, real questions.

Then you decided to tell me I was exaggerating the problem, so I gave proof that it was a problem for a lot of people.

You then tryed to say “well it is just YOUR machine” so I started with a VERY small sample from the support forum showing that it wasn’t.

All the while you were saying “oh they are just finding excuses”

Just asking questions? You were being a dick the entire time, and very much not asking question.

I had to explain that no, it isn’t just a case of getting new headphones if the sounds are not playing, since you know, they don’t even get to the headphones.

So don’t try to pass it off as “just asking questions”

The sound stack in overwatch isn’t very good, and sometimes sounds don’t play for people. People should know that.

Okay, you discovered America then, congrats…

That’s not a question… the one you quoted, it’s not a question… This might be shockers for you, but questions have question marks in the end of the sentences… Like this one???

Proof? Quoting 5 crybabies on the forum is considered proof these days?

And then I said that the same argument works against you, and you can’t say or do anything about it.

Yes, and I am still saying it.

I cannot talk seriously to people who are lecturing me about game audio having no influence on competitive advantage.

I can quote you people from this exact post that say they never encountered problems, but I won’t because that’s not an argument. Quoting someone is not a “proof”…

And again, I am asking you and other people who talk the same, if it’s not an excuse, then why you bring it up then? Was my post about the sound being buggy or anything? Was my post about the quality of the game sound at all?

I am asking tenth time already, what are you talking here? What is your goal?