Is there a known issue with sound effects going around?

I’m wondering if this is a global thing or device specific.

I have two different setups with some logitech z506 5.1 surround sound speakers coming through an onboard realtek hd audio driver. I also have a logitech g933 gaming headset.

This “issue” is occuring with both of these no matter what type of configuration or surround sound options I use.

I know one of the bug fixes that went in adjusted the sound of combat from far away by a good deal but this is seemingly unrelated.

Certain sound effects in the game either do not play at all or are extremely quiet compared to what they used to be.

Before when you would get headshot by another player, the crit sound would play on your end signifying that you took critical damage and wouldn’t be left wondering how you died from full health. This is no longer the case it seems, the sound effect is just that of a normal shot.

Certain ultimate call outs are also not triggering, I’ve found myself blindsided several times by dragonstrikes, dragonblades, and deadeyes where the ult call out simply does not happen. I believe it has occured with Reaper’s Death Blossom as well. I have not witnessed this with any other ults only Hanzo, Genji, Reaper, and McCree.

Footsteps in certain places also seem to have reduced volume or are completely quiet…I’d like to know if this is a known Global issue or if there is something I can do on my end to fix this…I’m up to date on all my system drivers and I’ve tried running a repair on the game files to no avail.

1 Like

This has been happening to me as well (I’m on PS4), specifically the footsteps volume being low for some enemies but loud for others, even in the same position and circumstances. I posted a video about this earlier today and in the general forums a few days ago. The post is here: Audio Priorities Issue/Bug

Here’s my video proof, you can see in a quiet Petra corridor that a McCree walks up and flashbang kills me completely out of nowhere unannounced as though he teleported next to me, but minutes later in the exact same spot I can hear a Widow walking from the same direction down the hall towards me clear as day.

I think there’s a bug in the “Importance System” in the game sound design, it’s incorrectly prioritizing sounds making the greatest threats quieter than they’re supposed to be, so that some are inappropriately quiet and others loud.

My video was uploaded directly from the PS4 to Youtube and I’ve listened on multiple devices (smartphone, laptop, TV surround soundbar, Sennheiser headphones, etc.) and the footstep volume discrepancy is the same: McCree quiet, Widow loud.

I’m hoping a mod can forward this issue to the sound design team, something is broken or causing incorrect behavior.

Hey man I started a thread about these audio drops, if you can share your experience about the problem there and post any footage if you’ve got any: