Geoff appreciation thread

I have to aknowledge you that the Take Breather buff was an amazing way to buff Roadhog while giving him a identity: the stall king tank. Thanks.

However, most of Hog playerd feels that Roadhog lacks a bit of impact compared to Dva or Zarya, specially because he feeds too much ult charge.

Have you discussed a way to buff him to counter the ultimate battery issue?
Being a big ult battery is part of his identity but his kit lacks in something to compensate this.

Thanks again!

Would like to hear more about that RTS hero that spawn zerglings type monsters i remember hearing about. I thought it would sort of like overun team with those AI bots from Overwatch Rising Event

Thank you for all your effort and hard work to you and the team.
I look forward to good updates and changes, and more frequent hero releases if possible.
However, about the 1st point about the bomblet gun, I understand that other competitors are there who are stealing ideas from Overwatch but there is already a character in another fps hero shooter who does this.

I understand these ideas are interchangeable and we can certainly be inspired. But we may also need unique designs, which I commend for Baptitse because his gun feels like traditional FPS.

1 Like

Though I doubt Geoff will see this: -👓 Sym and Reaper "Proper" changes (3rd Person Placement) (Non Beyblade) (How I would change Reaper’s Shadow Step and Sym’s Teleporter)

Basically making 3rd person placement happen with Reaper’s Shadow Step and Sym’s Teleporter. (Think Doomfist’s Ult)

(Unlike Doomfist 's Ult) There would be some important differences.

Placement effect would basically happen same as 1st person placement happens, though 3rd Person would give them more range and ease to place the placement.

They would be vulnerable while using the ability. (think of Junkrat during his ult, remember to hide.)

(Optional) Whatever they are using for the 3rd person placement, either Black cloud (Reaper) or Camera made of Light (Sym). It can be destroyed. (Optional)

They would be able to see the enemy from a safe distance and relay it to their team like current Sombra

They can place the placement anywhere within a 50 meter radius. (Even if it’s behind walls, on roofs, etc…)

Everything else still happens the same.

(3/8/19 Edit: Limit Sym’s to 3 people cause Geoff seems to have a problem with the whole team going though Sym’s Teleporter.)

Bonus for Sym: Instead of her summoning Flying Turrets.

Have her Summon Flying Barriers again

and when the Barriers hit a wall or a surface have then turn into Turrets.

Basically the return of Proton Barrier (or a lesser version of it, Or greater depending on the situation) but doesn’t let her lose anything else.

Some of those changes are actually good. Some people complain because they don’t make the character OP anymore.

Any word on the game editor?

I’m going to assume you’re mature enough to know very well what the answer and perception to that question is.

:roll_eyes:

for god’s sake is someone actually checking on overwatch console and how the game is played and what meta is being played we had enough of dominating hero like pharah do something please is it really so hard to apply different balances ?!

The fact that we are still trying to nerf brigitte 1 year after her release is just ridiculous. That hero is what killed ow completely. Ever since she was added in season 10 we had massive problems balancing comps like 3 supports rein zarya hanzo. Yeah that was very fun right. Then there was quad tank now we have goats. Casual players wanted to see dive get recked and nerf tracer so badly and the devs made the mistake to listen to them.

Was it really worth it ? now there is no more shooter aspect in the game. It’s merely a moba kind of game. Hold W hold mouse 1 no need to aim just use your abilities at the right time get on the point EZ nothing can kill you now. Not only is this incredibly boring to watch at pro play. This happens in almost every masters or gm lvl i even had lots of games in diamond when peopel go goats. Even if they don’t play goats there is simply no more fun in playing ow since brig was added. Before brig you saw people like dafran and pro players show off their insane mechanical skill and make plays. Now it doesn’t matter how skilled you are because 1 person alone has zero impact in this meta.

1 Like

Can we talk about how the Colorblind settings are still broken on console? We need it fixed. It’s been broken since it came out.

Nice. I think you can make a better game designer than someone who has been in the industry for over a decade. Just apply for the job man!

1 Like

What do you mean?
Both ideas are pretty bad.

Ana has to Aim and keep line of sight for 70hps.
Mercy gets 50 and can stay out of sight, can fly to the target and can always stay on it, forever.

Mercy is still strong it’s not the problem that she can’t heal enough or damage booost enough, the real problem might be that she feels bad to play as.

The most boring to play character in the entire game but her mobility is the highest in the entire game, which makes her amazing and she is hard to kill when played correctly.

What should really happen, is a Rework that feels more engaging to play and more skillful, like what happened to Symmetra and Hanzo!

Absolutely nothing will change this character for the better when just changing numbers.

3 Likes

Don’t presume to speak for me…

I have been playing this game since the open beta, Overwatch is an awesome game but it as a great deal of issues, I just started playing in the PTR all i have to say is PLease leave the game as is, this new changes are going to ruin the game, Doomfist is way overpowered on the ptr almost unstopable. YOu can almost play without any tanks. getting one shot by Sym is plan stupid. whom give a holy puvky about Goats yes it is tough but beatable, The new heroe by far is a waste of time he has way to many counters to be an impact i have a long list f other issue with the game but then it turns into a rant…I love overwatch and will continue to play coome on now please do something that going to impact the game in a positive way

Hey Geoff I have a question about if you guys plan to make Torbs hammer to be more involved in Torbjorn’s kit. With the ability to reposition his turret and from a distance and to destroy it when you want makes it kind of mostly useless. Just as a repair tool for his turret doesn’t make it very useful even with it’s damage. I want to make a suggestion to you…What about if the hammer could upgrade heroes? Like for example: Ana hen upgraded by torb now has an upgraded kit such as her sleep dart. It turns from a projectile into a hitscan. Another thing that would be upgraded is to be able to see the throwing arc and be able to hold the grenade. It would add another interesting layer to hero kits to make Torb help his team. This would be on a cooldown and the upgrade will have a time limit. What do you think Geoff? I have more ideas for other heroes of you would like to hear them.

Like a buff or replacement to Shadow Step and maybe give him a slug shot alt-fire?

TF2 sticky bomb launcher says hello. (It probably goes even further than that, even)

:neutral_face:
:slight_smile:
:smile:
:laughing:
:joy:
:rofl:

Escape grav with teleport in current state is near impossible to do it. I saw a post when he or Jeff say that as one of those principal argument for the rework I agreed with them, but for now it’s a fail. It’s good to see they work with a PTR test in the futur.

1 Like

Yeah thanks Geoff et al for breaking the game beyond repair every three months.