Genji's Swift Strike rubberbanding after the latest update (1.44)

Played for a couple of hours before and up until the update, everything was fine, closed the game to update, started it up, every match and server I used Genji’s dash on resulted in rubberbanding - dash appearing to go further and then getting pulled back, as if I had 500 ping.

Edit: Video - Swift Strike rubberbanding - YouTube
Yes 100 ping isn’t great, but this never happened before unless I was having severe packet loss, also practice range ping has been higher for everyone for the last few months, I typically get 80~90 and it still happens on nearly every dash, without any packet loss.

23 Likes

Can confirm this is a pretty big issue. I do Genji ghost dashing in training range as warm up and it’s incredibly disorienting to dash now (especially around corners). Noticed it on ptr but assumed it would be fixed before it went to live. Please fix. Genji doesn’t need a nerf :’)

6 Likes

been playing genji all night since the patch dropped and i can confirm that this happens and it is very bad for genjis kit as it makes the camera shake a bit and it affects things like dash 180 shuriken or slash with blade, please fix this ASAP :frowning:

4 Likes

I was on 65 ping btw and it has never happened before this patch

2 Likes

Yep same here, 60ms ping and getting pulled back

3 Likes

same here, this never happened before this patch.

1 Like

Same here. Very disorienting

2 Likes

Hey there, we have a fix for this in testing and hope to roll it out next week in a bug fix patch. Sorry for the hassle.

Cheers

10 Likes

“roll it out next week” omg…

9 Likes

Thanks for the update.

A little off topic but something that also disorients me since the update is the new snapping to killer upon death, it gives me a headache/motion sickness, as people describe here - The New Snap to Killer Death Thing, are you planning any changes to this addition? Perhaps an off toggle?

7 Likes

confirmed indie gaming company lol

5 Likes

Damn why so negative.

1 Like

try to play with that bug :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the info on where it’s at, loving the communication going on lately! Was kind of scared it’d be the next Genji bug that does untouched for months/years but it’s nice to hear that you’re looking into it so quickly.

Well fair enough. And I suppose they could have done a hotfix but assuming they may have a update next week to provide other fixes and stuff.

1 Like

Confirmed… Usually happens when you dash the whole length.

same happening with sombra’s hack and translocator, tracer’s blink etc. The update is screwed

2 Likes

ay well good to know at least im not the only one experiencing this, both genji dashes and cam snapping is a right pain

dont think its a connectivity issue either, im having it at a stable 50ms

but a whole week? you can’t be serious, telling us a good portion of the heroes are basically broken for a whole week sounds like an ‘out of season april fools joke’

3 Likes

Please try and fix this sooner, It’s almost unplayable I rubberband everytime I dash

same problem, unplayable, when they will fix this?

1 Like