The New Snap to Killer Death Thing

I don’t know where exactly to put this so I guess I’ll leave it here.

The new gameplay mechanic where after you die, you rapidly snap to whoever did the final blow that eliminated you is visually disorientating. I understand where it has it’s benefits but for myself, and potentially others, it gives me motion sickness whenever I die. It’s worse when the player that eliminated me isn’t in in my immediate LOS so the snap is much more violent.

Is there a way to disable this feature? If not, it would be amazing for this to be an optional feature and let people choose between the old way the camera was when you die or this new snapping camera. As I would personally like to not get motion sickness every time I play the game.

18 Likes

are you able to get a clip of it?

It’s in the game right now. I don’t think it’s a bug. As it’s happened in every game so far, with every death.

1 Like

I believe this is called “kill cam” and it CAN be disabled in the game’s options.

1 Like

so right before the killcam?

does it put you in their fps or just to where they are

Yeah, right before kill cam. Snaps to whoever killed me and follows them until kill cam comes in.

2 Likes

Yeah this needs reverting, it’s really disorienting and honestly caused me a headache as quickly as just one match since the update.

2 Likes

wait what? Is that a new thing? never had anything like that before.

Just looked:

" * Updated the death camera to quickly shift from where you were looking to where your killer is, to make it easier to see if you were killed by someone behind you or to your side"

6 Likes

if anyone finds an option to turn it off, please say :slight_smile:

can anyone post a clip of it?

it’s super annoying and doesn’t even help. if you want to know where your killer came from and how they did it, just watch the kill cam

1 Like

Id also like to disable it, I prefer the camera doesn’t move on its own, so when I die I can piece together which enemy is in which direction, thats hard when the camera rapidly twirls around soon as you’re dead

1 Like

Hey all!

In the most recent patch, we added a feature to the live game that changed the player death camera behavior to pan towards the player that just killed you. Previously, this was a quick snap. Our intention for changing the camera behavior is to make it easier to quickly tell at a glance if the person that killed you was behind you or to your side. Unfortunately, we’ve received feedback that this addition is causing motion sickness for some of our players. In an effort to address this, we’re working on a “Snap Death Camera to Killer” toggle option in the Gameplay options menu that will allow players to disable this feature. We expect this update to be coming soon - please keep an eye on patch notes for more information.

As always, thank you for the feedback!

81 Likes

For what it’s worth, I rather like it. It took a few games to get used to it, but now that I have, I think it’s a rather nice feature.

5 Likes

After the toggle gets in, adding a snap speed slider would be helpful.

Edit: while I’m at it, having it zoom in a little bit after snapping would be nice, I see this in other games and it really helps identify the attacker location

5 Likes

I don’t get motion sickness from it, but I do find myself thinking that I’m still alive looking around when its actually just the death camera moving around looking for the person that killed me. Pretty annoying.

Also when someone kills you in the replay system, it no longer locks onto them for a few seconds like it does in-game, the camera just stays on the ground where the dead body is, really hope that wasn’t an intentional change.

4 Likes

Thank you so much, I was so used to the way it worked before that the change just feels unnerving to me lol

I didn’t have a problem with it, but I’m all for having more options to toggle these things on and off. Thanks, Molly. :smiley:

1 Like

Don’t say Kill its too violent, say defeated. ty regardless.