Genji's Swift Strike rubberbanding after the latest update (1.44)

That’s a feature now? I seriously thought i was lagging last night

2 Likes

You implemented a hot fix feature and you don’t even use it how slow is your company?

2 Likes

Same here, i was seriously wondering it was an issue with my local network or isp. Already disconnected all redundand network paths and other devices in local network, no change. Ping is 40~ish as usual and 58~ in practice range. Guess i won’t be playing until the update drops then since this is quite unplayable if you are used to snapping to targets for/after dash/ghost dashing.

1 Like

Playing Genji on this patch feels like playing on 150ms although I have a stable 40ms. Why do we have to wait an entire week for the fix?

1 Like

I’ve noticed a weird issue with Hammond’s piledriver too. It seems like you ‘land’ a half second or so above the ground with the impact and then you hit the ground right after.

its sad how unprofessional the ow team feels a lot of times to be honest :((

Genji main here. I still do. It almost never happens. Although, I do have an ethernet cable connected.

Bump, this issue has returned since 1.47 and has yet to be resolved as of 1.51 despite a number of threads regarding the issue.

1.47 thread: Genji Swift Strike rubberbanding has returned with 1.47
1.47.1-1.48.1 thread: Genji Swift Strike rubberbanding still ongoing
Video 1: Genji Swift Strike rubberbanding returned - YouTube
Video 2: Swift Strike Rubberbanding - YouTube

I’ve also noticed that hits and eliminations don’t properly register with packet loss since 1.44, thread: Hits and Eliminations won't always register client-side since 1.44
Video: Overwatch packet loss 2020 08 05 21 23 25 04 - YouTube
Yes I know this video is an extreme scenario but I’ve had connection issues in the past, and before 1.44 the hits that actually hit always registered on the client, so did eliminations. But ever since 1.44 every once in a while in a match a hit or an elimination won’t register if a packet happens to drop at the “right” time.
­

Additional issues:

1.46 changed how Swift Strike’s first person animation appears, causing it to be off the screen when looking up, all over the screen when looking down, and only appearing normally when looking forward, thread: Genji's Swift Strike first person animation behaves strangely since 1.46
Video: Swift Strike first person - YouTube

1.51 broke dash by making “no movement” dashes which happen when you’re too close to the ground/wall to no longer deal damage, making combos such as rmb->dash->rmb unreliable, thread:

Video: Swift Strike won't deal damage - YouTube