Genji is factually overpowered

Go to GM this week on Overbuff, his pickrate and winrate are sky high. He was decent on ladder, I really don’t see the idea of giving him 4 buffs. Of which 3 of them are very strong buffs.

He now has hyper damage and mobility. Cut the damage buffs in half and/or increase blade charge rate. I shouldn’t get dived and instakilled by him because he hit three shurikens.

Comp is now no Genji, no win just like how it was no mercy no win.

101 Likes

Nothing came even close to the genku desaster that’s going on now.

10 Likes

As much as i hate genjis opaf state, he is nowhere near mercy or brig when they dominated the game.

30 Likes

Moth Mercy and release Brig.

4 Likes

You are right. Genji is far more picked than Brig when she was allegedly OP.

57 Likes

He is and he is the new flavor of the month forum cry so we have almost gone full circle in the damage hero cry department.

We just have to wait until the devs overbuff the wrong things on Sombra to complete dmg hero Whine Bingo.

Give it 2-5 months they will unnecessarily overnerf Genji leaving him worse than before they touched him.

This is the Way

7 Likes

If I recall, McCree is on a negative win rate even before the Genji buffs, so that must mean that McCree needs another couple buffs.

And likewise, Ana’s pick rate is sky-high, so that must mean she’s overpowered and in need of reductions.

Looking over the last 3 months and using your metrics for what overpoweredness, the following need buffs:

Hanzo
Tracer
Reaper
Winston
Soldier
McCree

And following are overpowered:

Torbjorn
Zenyatta
Pharah
Junkrat
Zarya
Mercy
Lucio

1 Like

Sure, if you completely ignore pickrates.

10 Likes

He said pick and winrate, together. Not winrate alone.

By his logic the following heroes have red balance flags

Ana
Zarya
Reinhardt
Genji
Ashe
Brigitte

Of those, only Brig received big nerfs despite being the least offender. While she did have a bigger win and pickrate, she was at that level for a much shorter time period and her success was in part heavily linked to another hero who had just received massive buffs.

17 Likes

1.0 brig was absolutely horrendous. Absolute demon of a character.

4 Likes

The difference is that brig had an over 60% winrate. No one else has come even close to that. I agree Genji could use a change but he is no where near as broken as Brig was

4 Likes

I hard, hard disagree. I have won plenty of matches against genji without genji. Hes really overtuned, but he is not that extreme.

2 Likes

9 Likes

I didn’t see that so that is on me but his pickrate is less than 1% in gm.

How genji mains try to excuse is op state.

He Is FuN tO pLaY

XD

8 Likes

He needs an ult charge nerf, blade comes up too much. Not all of us Genji mains think that being fun to play is a reason to allow a hero to be broken. You could argue Lucio was fun to play during GOATs meta but he pretty much carried GOATs

1 Like

We all know…
He needs more than that.

And yes, many streamers/owl players etc complain about him.

So bye bye genji :wave:

His win rate is higher than moiras in gold while having a higher pick rate. #highskilled

LoL, in silver he’s equal to moiras winrate/pick rate.

So genji is better than Moira in every single rank but bronce, yet they want to nerf Moira not genji LOL

7 Likes

Factually, he is worse than Brigitte was with armour pack. He is averaging a 34% pickrate and rising. Brigitte topped out at like… mid 20’s

4 Likes

He doesn’t “need” more than that you just seem to think he does. 30 damage is fine since it’s 2 extra damage and deflect could already be cancelled by dashing or climbing a wall, which means the result is that he doesn’t have it, same as before

Also idk where you got your stats but moira is the 3rd most picked hero in gold with a much higher pickrate and her winrate is just barely lower. So idk where you got your stats