Genji desperately needs his damage back

So one support seam to have problem with ever hero in the game so guess we should nerf them all to fix match making baecause sure that will fix it lol as if. And seondly genji widow maker sombra hanzo all are high skill floor heros that need lots of work to get good at why should they not be rewarded for playing well why do we nerf heros one in the worst way by just changing numbers not addressing accualy problems and 2 how can we not see in 7 years of the game understand that if your put work in you should get reward out i have over 1000 hours on genji over my 4 accounts why should i not be rewarded for the time and effert i put it

Second question who next i see people complaining about widow makers one shot is she next to loose it all thise people who worked on her now just dont get to play the game because shes too good and where does it ebd zen hes has ama ing burst long ranve damge if someone practiced on him should he be not able to do that high damge because other heros cant no reward people time and respect it

Genji is the 3rd highest pickrate hero at all skilltiers of Comp.

Genji is the 1st highest pickrate hero at all skilltiers of Quickplay.

Genji is not a high skill floor hero.

That said, he should be. Which is why I’m suggesting that 30 damage shuriken, with 12 ammo.

To raise that very low skill floor.

1 Like

you don’t even play genji, your stats on genji suck, and here you are claiming to know how genji should be balanced and saying that he has a low skill floor

I’d wager I know a bit more about game design than most Pro players.

lol that’s literally what every bronze-plat would say

you don’t know what you are talking about, yet you are acting like your opinion is worth any salt

Well I wrote a serverside modification for TRIBES, which was about 52,000 lines of code, had about 40 servers, ran for about 2 years in Tournament play with about 30 teams.

Then I bugged the devs for PlanetSide enough that I got about 40 of my ideas into the game, including the exact structure of about 40 warpgates. I then took their 7GB FTP file installer, and built a 1mb installer off of it by taking the bare minimum from the launcher to replicate itself, and put a bunch of registry fixes in there. Then that installer was used in a community marketing campaign to get about 30,000 downloads. The devs later copied the installer with a 10mb version. Got to the point I was routinely messaging back and forth with their Community Manager and Executive Producer.

I’ve guessed the near exact details of a surprising amount of features in Overwatch. Including asking for variables-only balance changes using serverside variables to bypass console recertification replying directly to Jeff Kaplan and WyomingMyst/Craig/Kaedi that this should be a feature in the game. And then it was a feature in the game 3 months later. I also did a comprehensive balance change post on the Overwatch 2 PVP beta, about a week before they announced it, just before the OWL team owners were heading in for a conference with the devs.

I’ve also personally probably spent more time on Role Queue issues than the entire community combined.

But sure, “I click heads gud” is better than all that, huh?

damn bro that’s crazy, and how exactly does that correlate to you knowing how genji should be balanced when you don’t even know how to play the character? also shouldn’t you have better statistics on genji if he is so easy to play?

1 Like

I’m actually not that concerned with where Genji ends up in his meta.

To me it’s very very simple.

“They need to fix Matchmaker/Queue issues, and anything that’s in the way of that, needs to get out of the way. And whatever damage that causes can be solved later.”

Playing a hero is irrelevant when it comes to balance. In fact, you are almost guaranteed to be bias and overreact to small changes.

not irrelevant, but of course not the only perspective that should be considered, which is why you listen to opinions from all people who know what they are talking about, and when tank mains such as flats agree that genji got over-nerfed, then you can begin to understand the true state he is in.

Saying it’s irrelevant is categorically false.

1 Like

I don’t care what Flats thinks, because he is one random person on the internet.

i respect that philosophy, but your suggestions at achieving your goal are both negative for the playerbase and don’t actually do much to solve the issue.

also, lower your ego lol

1 Like

The way I see it, if they need to lose 2-5% of the playerbase to avoid losing 20-50% of the playerbase, then that’s a bargain.

it wouldn’t avoid losing 20-50% of the playerbase is the thing. Support is in a bad spot because support is in a bad spot, not because genji is in your mind easy and overpowered (which again, the novel of credentials you gave me still doesn’t prove you know how the character should be balanced and your claim that he has a low ceiling was pure emotion). Genji got nerfed and supports are still in a bad spot. If your philosophy was more along the lines of “all dps that aren’t currently garbage should get nerfed” then that would be more reasonable. But you are picking on specific characters that merely contribute to the issue, when there are plenty of other characters that contribute as well.

also, your proposed rework for genji is braindead

Here’s a more expanded view for what I have in mind to get more Support players:

1. Every hero gets a regen passive, but DPS Tanks need to be 20m range of a Support/Teammate to get it. (I.e. More downtime to shoot stuff instead of healbotting)
  2. Give Supports +15% extra base movement speed as a passive.
  3. Rework Mercy to do less damage boost, but be more of a Main Healer.
  4. Various small buffs on lower tier Supports up to Kirikio/Lucio/Ana tier.
  5. Better Coin incentives for Support wins.
  6. Unlock Pink Mercy or some desirable Mercy skin for free after 50 Support wins.

Then adjust further with indirect changes:

1. Genji, 30 damage shuriken, 12 ammo, less Ult cost on blade to be equal to current
  2. Hog, hook-to 6m distance, 6sec hook, ignores 0.2sec of stuns
  3. Ana, replace 100% antiheal, with +20% damage taken from all sources.

Then beyond that, just see how far they can push the “Supports do more damage” angle. For starters, give all Supports some sort of “Kunai” mechanic, where they do more damage with skillshots.

A lot of these are pretty bad ideas.

1. we dont need every hero getting a regen passive, its fine with only supports having it

2. supports don’t need movement speed, most supports apart from zen and ana already have solid movement. What needs to change instead is supports should be more protectable by their teammates, and be capable of defending themselves more readily

3. apart from her survivability and rez, a big reason she is picked is because of her damage boost. nerfing it in favor of her lackluster healing would make no sense

4. good suggestion

5. i don’t think coins would really change the fact that people just don’t want to actually experience the gameplay of a support

6. this is a meme suggestion right?

7. this is a suggestion that only someone who doesn’t understand genji in the slightest would make. The slight damage buff wouldn’t make up anywhere near enough for the lack of ammo, considering genji needs to get up close and has to spam his shurikens very often. It would ruin the characters backline potential and turn him into a reload simulator. In fact, that would make him worse than he is right now. No, all he needs is a damage buff back to 29, nothing else, assuming supports get buffed instead of dps as a whole getting nerfed.

8. that seems okay

9. not a fan. Antiheal is a really good part of anas kit, no idea why you would want this to be reworked

When it comes to close range DPS, it’s really just Genji. All the other ones got substantially nerfed.

Everything else, including Dive Tanks, would be solved by giving Supports more movement speed.

no 15% speed boost would make them so op and most unkillable just adding speed will break the game balance

1 Like

If you can’t be specific about which gameplay interactions would be a problem, then I genuinely don’t care.

okay i see you have no hours on genji because this is an idiotic change to a hero and will only make his skill floor and ceiling rise to a point only people who are already god wit him will

pick rate don’t mean how much skill a hera needs. to be a strong sojourn needs a good amount of skill to be played yell but she has a high pick rate yet heroes with a low skill floor like torb are not picked as much stop using pick rate to balance it hasn’t work for 7 years it wont work now