Genji desperately needs his damage back

This character went from extremely viable, high skill ceiling and you had to put in effort to be good with Genji. He is extremely mechanically intense requiring good ability usage, being able to consistently 180 and hit your shurikens to the head. With his current 27 damage he does literal peashooter damage, I would be more happy to see a Brig on my team vs a Genji due to how bad this hero is. A lot of people can not reach above 10k dmg per 10 on Genji. I know these support mains and metal ranks are going to come in saying “he’s too oppressive!1!!1!!!” no he’s not, Genji is very easily punished due to how he has no self sustain, drops at the speed of light and has to have his cooldowns managed. The blade argument is going to come up, the current meta is garbage for an already garbage ult due to how high mobility is plus hog being able to just hook him. Granted we might need things taken away for such a simple buff back to 29 damage, take away his 2 second deflect, make it 1.5 again or the ability to cancel it. This hero will continue being awful for the future if he doesn’t get his damage back.

17 Likes

Yeah, nah, genji was way overpowered, now he is merely really good. Maybe learn to play without the crutch.

112 Likes

Never happening, thankfully. Can’t wait for the 50th thread on this.

10 Likes

“The crutch” you were the exact person I mentioned with the “he’s too oppressive” statement you can ask any player about this hero and you’ll get the response of C tier, i understand the nerf with the passive but without it he’s just awful.

2 Likes

No, genji is still a viable and popular pick. Time to learn to play the game without the crutch.

34 Likes

Can I ask your rank currently?

2 Likes

Apparently higher than you if you think genji is bad.

31 Likes

I’m not assuming but I’m currently Masters 1 and a Genji OTP I don’t want this character to be broken, not even meta I just want him to be out of this stupid C-tier cycle he’s stuck in where they overtune him and they put him back into C-tier and he stays that way. This 29 damage buff back to his shurikens easily give him the B-tier or maybe even low A-tier status, he won’t be meta but he’ll be a solid pick.

1 Like

Perhaps not one-trick, genji isnt getting buffed, best get used to it.

10 Likes

I want a serious response from you as to why this character is still viable, instead of pulling the crutch card, calling me bad, saying he’s a low skill hero any of those things, I just want to understand your thought process.

1 Like

My thought process is simple: Genji is still picked, and he is still doing fine.

12 Likes

thats your problem, you play at a rank that buffing genji will make infinitely more people unhappy, cause everywhere else hes decent

8 Likes

Sure. Give him his viability at high ELO back, but lower his capability to farm Supports at mid-low ELO.

4 Likes

From what I see no one plays this hero when you have choices like Sojourn or Widowmaker which fit into the current meta a lot more?

People below Diamond cannot play these heroes consistently lol.

1 Like

Might have something to do with those 2 being OPAF.

You understand sir, if we take away his ability to hold deflect and take away the cancel it can abuse bad ability usage and you can punish them a lot easier than you would be able to for example S1 Genji.

And you should probably understand that I’m perfectly fine of 2-5% of the total playerbase quits, if that’s what it costs to get enough Support players to fix Matchmaker speed/quality issues.

Which is a far more important issue than which specific handful of DPS out of 18 DPS heroes get used by less than 1% of the playerbase.

19 Likes

Genji is doing fine on PC.
It is consoles that make him look weak.

1 Like

Everytime a Genji complains an Angela gets her wings.

4 Likes