For Jeff, please consider 7v7

Well yeah. Thats a tanks job to win the tank war against the enemy tanks and create space.

You see 7 as more forgiving than 6, instead of seeing that 5 means you have more impact and carry potential, while with 7 you’re BOUND to an amalgamation of other player’s choices on realtime actions while they can’t even cater to communicate the enemies intention or current route.

I can call two dps positions and a tank position easily. I can’t call 2 tank positions and 3 dps positions before it’s over.

I gess if you think of it that way the game becomes complexer if you try to solo carry, but i dont look at it that way because the game will always be a team game. And from a team game perspective losing 1 man in 6 man team hurts more than in a 7 team man.

You’re talking about 7v7 right? Yeah I agree.

1 Like

imagine a domination type game mode with bigger teams

It’s not about the solo carry. It’s the fact being a 20% of the team means your input and choices have more value, and the gaps it opens on defense.

Example:

df vs 3 dps would need to be incredibly buffed to even slam and get out alive.

sombra would have an extremely hard time getting hacks done because there’s 1 more player that can chip.

Then we have to rebalance heroes and bam, we’re back at square one but with more chaos on the table.

Do you consider 6v6 already stressful?

Any kind of format change would require rebalancing.
Also yeah your value is 20% in a 5 man team that also means your teammate makes up 20%. If your teammate dies you lose 20% of your teams value. Whereas in a higher teamcount the percentage drops.

Yep, but that’s the thing. losing 20% when there are not two pillar tanks but one, means you still have a leg in the game, because you can find ways around him.

Two tank structures is what is killing OW, imho.

Make it 100v100 battle Royale. There you go

1 Like

And lets all use our Ults simulatiously to crash the game and put our PCs on fire.

6v6 is already stressful, having 7v7 wouldn’t add much stress, i think it would overall be much better, as others said statistically there is a better chance of making a comeback when you’re down 6v7 instead of 5v6… with all the leavers and throwers it could make games closer and not a steamroll the entire game. currently, one guy overextends and dies then the team fight is lost.

i don’t think they’re gonna do it though-- they would have to make all the current OW1 maps a bit larger in OW2… thinking about 7 heros trying to squeeze through the tiny choke in paris point A while rained down by 7 opponents would make that map even more infuriating

I will say 64 players and we surpass battlefield, agree?

1 Like

OW2 is confirmed to get rid of 2CP.

What were the dps queue times?

Puh, got to search for the thread again. Could take a while.

12v12 would be just to much on these small maps. It would also cause WAY to much flashy crap all over. As is now 6v6 can get pretty bad if all 12 are fighting in a small area.

https://i.imgur.com/GqjbRFE.jpg

How about no? 5v5 is much better for that.

I really dislike 5v5 for a variety of reasons.

Make-believe, mostly.

1-3-2 was actually well received considering it was game changing and just tweaked the values for tanks based on changes that weren’t meditated enough, and simply did a value tweak for the most part.

As jeff said: anecdotal.

And you can’t really dislike something you haven’t tried. You can dislike the idea, though