For Jeff, please consider 7v7

2-3-2 could be cool imo. Less congestion in dps queue.

I’m pretty sure they said nothing like that would come for OW2’s release, but there’s nothing stopping them from considering it after that.

It would be astounding if it came later, no question. The time to do it is now with the new maps. If you do it later, all those assets have to be redone and re-playtested, and all the time spent on balancing also has to be redone.

I asked Jeff. He said it was very difficult, but not completely impossible.

Many of us think it’d still be worth the effort.

1 Like

Let me say sorry because I can’t today, I could tomorrow tho, just @ on zennyatta’s secondary ability

1 Like

Tank queues were great during the experimental 1-3-2 with solo tank because people wanted to try the crazy buffs/changes to tanks.
2-3-2 would allow room for buffs to tanks on a smaller scale.

We can’t assume that.
I don’t think Devs would revert some changes they made, like the nerf to barriers, D.Va’s DM and stuff…

I want it personally. I am not in the least bit opposed to the idea. I just think they are too lazy/stingy to do it despite the fact it truly would make OW 2 a “new game”.

The devs had data which proved queue times were great during their 1-3-2 experiment.

Yeah, you subtracted a Tank that few are willing to play and added a DPS.

232 only solves half the problem. One more DPS, still 2 Tanks.

It’d be extremely chaotic. This is a game where people still have trouble using voice comms on anything but ranked (and then, they don’t know how to communicate because they don’t practice comms on QP, so they don’t even know how to call the place the enemy is), and you want to make it even more team dependant, while chaos reigns.

Changing from 2 tanks to 1 is a fantastic change that I actually suggested a while back. Tanks in plural is nonsense to begin with. A tank is the aggro taker, the unit that acts as a main target for the enemy aggression. Having two displaces the meaning of the two to damage negators, essentially.

Even if you only get half the queue time benefit, it would still be worth it.

The game actually become less team dependend as the individual has less impact. If one teammate screws up and dies you only lose 1/7 of the team instead of 1/6.
A 6v7 is easier to turn around than a 5v6.

Incorrect assumption.

If your team loses one tank, the other tank, who is already checkmated by the two enemy tanks, has one more dps attacking him. Their defense is intact and damage negating makes your dps get nearly no value.

Whereas 1 tank means that even if you lose yours, you can find enough weakpoints through their defense because one tank can’t cover the whole team. This is what happened in 1-3-2

The usual reason for snowball is the loss of a tank.

Long story short, they want exploiting holes in the defense/attack as the meta we’re all gonna be playing.

7v7 could be good.
I can’t give a strong opinion on this because I’ve not tried it out in a test environment with a suitable map.
It does appear that there’s a lot of experts in this thread though, so I’m glad for their well informed insights on this.

they said it’s mostly for pve and in game cutscenes stuff. And the new weapon sounds, if that’s meaningful content

Yeah but in my model tanks would be buffed to deal with the more incoming damage. So its very unlikely that the tank player dies first. WIth triple dps, i actually see supports being more vulnerable than before.

Yeah and the PvE requires to be able to handle like dozens of bots on screen at any time plus the player characters.

So essentially you want tanks to be forgiven for being bad at their job, or how does this work?

Because if you make the larger hp pool characters more resilient and there’s 2 of them, battles would become a drag even worse than now.

No because supports die faster, because there is more threat to get killed. And tanks fall with their supports.

Wouldn’t the extra dmg make tanking feel worse? I think what makes tanking bad is the restrictive divide between main and off tank.

I think tanking feels bad because the player doesnt get recognition for the value he brings. There is no feedback popping up in the killfeed for saving a life or creating space. Tanks do alot without the tank player actually feeling like they do much.

So tanks will die because their support gets killed with no way of even getting to the enemy supports because tanks are harder to kill.

This is why balancing the game is hard. You’re acting like A+B=C when it’s more like A+B/T *F +(DE)=Z

Every tiny detail you’re making in sustain is detracting from an individual player getting value.